Page 93 of 139 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2080

Those are some awesome covers! Worth the price of admission - especially with Barry.

I was hoping the backups would go away once John's title stared. I wonder if it's for Xermanico's workload or editorial edict? "Sinsons" sounds like a fun concept - that has to be Sinestro's son, but who is/are the other "son(s)?" (unless it becomes a team of Sinestro's illegitimate sons from all over the galaxy. There's something fun about that)

Hope they're not keeping the backups only for the sake of keeping the $5 price.

Also it's interesting it says Hal needs to continue figuring out what it means to be the only GL on Earth, when he of all people should be more than familiar with that. Granted it's been a long time since he was the sole GL on Earth.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-24-2023 at 11:37 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Those are some awesome covers! Worth the price of admission - especially with Barry.

I was hoping the backups would go away once John's title stared. I wonder if it's for Xermanico's workload or editorial edict? "Sinsons" sounds like a fun concept - that has to be Sinestro's son, but who is/are the other "son(s)?" (unless it becomes a team of Sinestro's illegitimate sons from all over the galaxy. There's something fun about that)
    Considering that Tomasi is doing it, it could be related to Supersons

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Considering that Tomasi is doing it, it could be related to Supersons
    Sure - it's a clear inverse, but using Sinestro's son opens it up beyond the Superman and Batman families.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

I think Xermanico is drawing same amount of pages regardless if there is a backup or not?

It looks like DC just wants to have backups in their main titles. Batman, Detective, Action, JL and WW has (or had) them so I'd say it is a show of confidence from DC that they think that GL should be able to carry a backup story as well.

I wonder how Soranik will feel about this kid?

“Sinsons” sounds cringe, Lord I hope Tomasi doesn’t outdo his awful wordplay of “Batman” = “Badman”. Maybe they’re giving him a Sinestro book?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    “Sinsons” sounds cringe, Lord I hope Tomasi doesn’t outdo his awful wordplay of “Batman” = “Badman”. Maybe they’re giving him a Sinestro book?
    Toss in Newmazo and you’ve got a battle royal of crappy names.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It's almost hard to believe Sinestro had an ongoing once upon a time .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Some more covers.

Man, those are really stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I love this .

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

I have to say that with the exception of the Abin Sur sequence, the Knight Terrors issue didn't do much for me at all. Dragging up Martin's death at this point as a source of trauma for Hal feels like the umpteenth bis repetita - King did this exceptionally well but that was because it had less to do with Martin's death than themes about determinism and free will. But at this point, with everything the character has gone through, including facing zombie Martin during Blackest Night (or am I misremembering this? - nonetheless I think my point would still stand broadly), why would one of his secret terrors be watching zombie Martin rise from a coffin? As he told Beelzebeth during the Morrison run, "I've relived my dad's death and every betrayal a thousand times...I don't do inner demons and I don't do regrets."

A more interesting approach would have been to see Hal unfazed in the face of most of what Insomnia had to throw his way. It might not make sense for other characters but it does make sense for Hal, this is a man who has been to the far reaches of space, encountered innumerable horrors, has been the Spectre, has had the literal embodiment of fear possess him and fought it off. I don't mean to say he should be too "cool" or "badass" to be above having any fears or insecurities, but his experience with "fear" should be something far more interesting. The Abin Sur sequence at least made sense if we consider that Hal is currently depressed due to whatever happened that made him quit the corps. The rest of it just felt very generic and uninspired.

I want to say more about some of the problems I'm having with Adams' run so far (which, so far, reminds me of one of my least favorite Bronze Age runs - the Wein run), but maybe later. I enjoyed the first issue in spite of not being a fan of the "Maverick" characterization of Hal, but the second issue didn't really do much for me sadly.
    Last edited by Mutatis_Mutandis; 07-28-2023 at 05:27 AM.