Page 13 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Adams seems much more promising

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Adams is a blank slate to me which is I suppose better than when it was Tamaki, but still a trade-and-wait situation.
    His Wally is very solid and he was one of the writers for GLTAS so he has written Hal before already. I don’t remember which episodes he wrote specifically, but apparently they were good. I think it might have been the Blue Lanterns episodes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well why should I be. When I complain about DC's treatment of Hal I never throw dirt at other Lanterns, to me it's always about how DC seems to never have a good creative direction planned for him or always choosing to leave him out of Justice League line-ups. It's never about wishing someone else to be demoted in order to give him the spotlight. If I did that, I would be no different than the folks who always wish Hal to go away so their faves would get pushed instead. I don't do that.

Otherwise yes, I am happy about seeing Hal being in an ongoing title again by a great creative team and finally back on Earth again. The combination of the classic sleeveless look with the Rebirth look is certainly... interesting.
    I was just messing with you lol. You’ve been very doom and gloom, not without reason, but things certainly look good for Hal now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Sinestro looks like he's about to drop the hardest mix tape of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Sinestro looks like he's about to drop the hardest mix tape of the year.
    Hiding from Jace Fox after that Dark Crisis beat down I see
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

https://mobile.twitter.com/spacekick...78456927858689

Tweet from Adams, he’s excited to work on Hal again after his animated series work and revealed it’s an ongoing in the comments
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    His Wally is very solid and he was one of the writers for GLTAS so he has written Hal before already. I don’t remember which episodes he wrote specifically, but apparently they were good. I think it might have been the Blue Lanterns episodes?
    Yeah he wrote "Blue Hope" and then "Scarred". I could be wrong here, but I think he might have also been the one who initially suggested they should make half the Guardians female on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I was just messing with you lol. You’ve been very doom and gloom, not without reason, but things certainly look good for Hal now.
    God, I wished my "skepticism" towards this character won't turn me into a meme material. Too late isn't it.

I'm probably only person on this forum who tried current Flash run, found the writing dull and moved on. But I like Xermanico a lot so I hope that Adams does better here than on Flash.

HELL YEAH!!!!

I love all the GL's. Kyle is probably my favorite but I like Hal too and the idea of Adams writing him sounds so so fun! The concept too. Hal on Earth after some bad stuff happens in space.

I am all over this one. Man, I haven't bought this many DC books since pre Flashpoint.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm probably only person on this forum who tried current Flash run, found the writing dull and moved on. But I like Xermanico a lot so I hope that Adams does better here than on Flash.
    I agree somewhat. I jumped on Flash a few issues before One Minute War. They were cool and the event sounded like an awesome idea but so far I’m so so on it. May or may not continue with it.

I’m more excited for Xermanico than anything on the new Hal book. Kinda bummed about John, was looking forward to a full PKJ book.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

BANNED

My two favorite DC characters/franchises being done by one of my favorite new writers. I'm pretty happy with this. I'm also glad Hal is back on earth for a while, since I always liked him interacting with friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I agree somewhat. I jumped on Flash a few issues before One Minute War. They were cool and the event sounded like an awesome idea but so far I’m so so on it. May or may not continue with it.

I’m more excited for Xermanico than anything on the new Hal book. Kinda bummed about John, was looking forward to a full PKJ book.
    I’ve been on and off Flash myself. I think Adams has a great handle on Wally’s voice, and I greatly enjoyed the Dark Crisis tie-in issues. But I’ve never felt desperate for the next issue. The solicit for GL makes it seem darker than Flash, which should hopefully result in a more exciting book. I was waiting for One Minute War to wrap so I could read it all since it was Adams hyping it up as a more impactful storyline, but it doesn’t seem like it managed to hook you so I might just skip it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This cover will always crack me up. It's so cheesy and old-school but so much fun.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Huh they switched out Tamaki for Adams?

Weird but alright I prefer going with Adams

If nothing else I can’t wait to see Xermancio draw GL “proper” after his Blackstars mini:

Curious about the "hot-wire a power ring" stuff when Hal's already created his own ring before.