Page 14 of 139 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

I'm very happy with the creative teams on the Hal and John books. Feels like GL is finally getting a big push back into the spotlight of A-List titles.

Adams' last two Flash issues sold out so I'm thinking if the Hal book gets critical acclaim, its sales performance should probably be good enough as well.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-25-2023 at 05:00 PM.

Incredible Member

I really hope Adams. Rings his rustling idea over from Flash it would be such an awesome idea to continue to use and have green lantern go around

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I take Jeremy Adams over Tamaki any day of the week. I'll finally read a GL book again.
    Agreed. I was willing to give Tamaki a chance, but none of her previous stuff did anything for me. Meanwhile, I have been loving everything Adams has been doing on Flash and Xermanico is an awesome artist.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Loving the classic suit as well. I might be the only one but the gray hair temples would be cool lmao

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

https://www.dc.com/blog/2023/01/25/d...-on-dawn-of-dc

Hal gets the main book written by Adams, a GLTAS writer and John is demoted to a backup. Are you happy Johnny ?
    Man this is really cool design

I don't know why they'd change Hal's uniform again, but okay... I guess I'd rather he have the black crotch and black shoulders rather than anything with the green crotch again. And parting his hair on the other side? .... is this a "mirrorverse" Hal? What's interesting is that if you look closely, it appears he originally drew it with Hal's regular look - the black armpits seem like they were colored over on his left and on his right, there's still a piece of black on his rib just under his pec.

Looking forward to the new book a lot more now that we know the artist. I don't have a strong feeling about either writer, but okay. Not crazy about Hal having to share the book with John until his book launches, but I hope it's good.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-25-2023 at 07:07 PM.

I mean Hal is grounded, going back to his roots... guess he decided to through on some modified old duds I prefer the green shoulders but the sleeveless look is still a striking design. As long as he doesn't have white boots like as he does on that cover...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't know why they'd change Hal's uniform again, but okay... I guess I'd rather he have the black crotch and black shoulders rather than anything with the green crotch again. And parting his hair on the other side? .... is this a "mirrorverse" Hal? What's interesting is that if you look closely, it appears he originally drew it with Hal's regular look - the black armpits seem like they were colored over on his left and on his right, there's still a piece of black on his rib just under his pec.

Looking forward to the new book a lot more now that we know the artist. I don't have a strong feeling about either writer, but okay. Not crazy about Hal having to share the book with John until his book launches, but I hope it's good.
    Do you guys hate the idea of Hal’s costume changing in general? I asked this over on the Superman forum too because I generally do like seeing costumes change. Batman and Spider-Man have a ton of cool looks, I think more heroes should follow their example. With GL I get it’s a little tougher to justify what with Hal’s being perfect right off the bat and so iconic, but the same is true for Spidey!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Do you guys hate the idea of Hal’s costume changing in general? I asked this over on the Superman forum too because I generally do like seeing costumes change. Batman and Spider-Man have a ton of cool looks, I think more heroes should follow their example. With GL I get it’s a little tougher to justify what with Hal’s being perfect right off the bat and so iconic, but the same is true for Spidey!
    I don't mind it. Although with Hal, his costume is so great looking, I don't think it should deviate too much. Tweaks like the shoulders or losing the swimsuit look around the crotch area are fine, but it's a pretty classic design.

To me, big costume changes usually reflect a period of instability for a character. (Kyle, Guy, Alan Scott) DC is about iconic characters and Hal stands as one of the Big 7 where their looks might undergo a few teaks, but don't stray far from the original. The tweaks to his shoulders and raising the crotch were great modifications, but other things like the Pacheco's angular lines and Jim Lee's shoulder details just fall away as his design tends to revert back to simple and classic.

I usually don't mind costume changes as long as it's not too big of a departure. Or unless there's some goofy changes like when Marvel decides to give Spider-Man webbed armpits for some reason. I'm fine with this Hal design but I think it shows how even small changes can be so notable. Over the years Hal's costume has essentially been the same, but you can really see how different it feels when you change the shoulders or the crotch area.

I'm not bothered by it, in fact I think it looks really cool...I like the black rounded shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I'm not bothered by it, in fact I think it looks really cool...I like the black rounded shoulders.
    Feels quite retro, which I hope is an indication of the kind of stories we'll get.

Me to, fingers crossed.