Page 45 of 139 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Now I get it, the reason Walter did all those terrible things was because he was possessed by a supernatural entity, right? He was innocent all along dammit, Vince Gilligan just wanted him out to make way for the young more hip meth cook Jesse Pinkman. See, it all makes sense now.
    Great sleuthing, Johnny.

Unfortunately, now I want to see Gus vs John.

Also, I want to see Hal in a brawl with Tuco.

He has aged out, but I think Bryan Cranston could have portrayed a live action Martin Jordan.

Extraordinary Member

Is that supposed to be an upgraded version of this picture but with the newer Lanterns.

PS: Hal looking older than Alan will never make sense to me, even with the whole Starheart shenanigans that de-aged Alan in the 90s.
    Is that an alternate reality?

That picture is giving me a continuity headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Is that an alternate reality?

That picture is giving me a continuity headache.
    It's the main continuity, it was a painting that Kyle did and they hung it in Guy's bar I think.

Been looking up some of The Spectre run of which I've only read a few issues so far, and I saw the "Eternity in an Hour" story features a character called the Forever Woman who was apparently married to Hal in a different lifetime. So Hal has been married before? But was she married to another Spectre Hal or a different Hal in general, or to the main Hal but via some Spectre shenanigans through time and space. I gotta check that issue out, sounds really sad too.

Last edited by Johnny; 03-18-2023 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Depowering a superhero can go 2 ways:

The one we fans want, is a arc where the character show how competent he is even without his powers, like if we get Hal kicking villain's asses even if his ring loses power in the middle of the fight, Morrison did it a couple times in his run.

The ones fans don't like is when the character comes out as completely incompetent without his powers/tool or even as somehow addicted to it, like Aaron's run on Thor.

I think Adams will go with the first option.
    That was the one benefit of the old status quo - the yellow weakness and the 24-hr charge.(I know Hal still needs to charge, but that's almost never used in the stories anymore) Those weaknesses allowed Hal to think, fight or strategize his way out of situations. Johns era was great, but he relied too much on "More willpower!"

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Great sleuthing, Johnny.
    Unfortunately, now I want to see Gus vs John.
    Also, I want to see Hal in a brawl with Tuco.
    He has aged out, but I think Bryan Cranston could have portrayed a live action Martin Jordan.
    Kyle and Jane could go to galleries and talk about art.
    I'd rather see Guy and Tucco go a few rounds - Hal can take down the twins.
    Jo would help Hank figure out it was Walter all along.
    Jess and Jesse would fall in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    I'm sure Hal Jordan already bagging some great feats along his long history. Although being depowered, I hope it's motivate the writers to write Hal as adaptable and hypercompetent/skilled hero. Being too OP in DC seems to attracting writers to use them as Jobber to highlighting the villain of the weaks or their pet characters
    But how is he OP? Lanterns are among the naturally balanced superheroes. They are human or whatever base lifeform and the ring's effectiveness depends on concentration. Doesn't that leave writers with plenty of avenues to go nuts or be uber restrained alike?

Sinestro's probably in a similar boat considering we saw him in civvies on a cover.

Astonishing Member

Been looking up some of The Spectre run of which I've only read a few issues so far, and I saw the "Eternity in an Hour" story features a character called the Forever Woman who was apparently married to Hal in a different lifetime. So Hal has been married before? But was she married to another Spectre Hal or a different Hal in general, or to the main Hal but via some Spectre shenanigans through time and space. I gotta check that issue out, sounds really sad too.

I have never heard of this story before.

I'm really curious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Hal being "powered down" might be good enough reason to fight some of his old Earth-based villains that often didn't look very threatening.
    I don't really mind him being "powered down", it's the "quarantined" aspect that I could do without. Because it indicates that once again Hal isn't back on Earth of his own volition, but he's "stuck" there again. Which would also contradict Dark Crisis where he told Barry he would stay on Earth cause he needed to be grounded for a while. That made it sound like he's back by choice not because he was forced to be there again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Damn I guess Hal isn’t living in a high rise apartment, no wonder he’s desperate for a high paying job
    Art looks great!

This was a great moment.

Edit.

10char
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-21-2023 at 05:55 AM.

With how many GLs likely die in space or some other planet, you'd think they'd have some kind of protocol for that kind of thing - especially someone with a family. It certainly shouldn't on Hal to bring Abin home. Just another aspect of the GLC that writers never bothered exploring.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    With how many GLs likely die in space or some other planet, you'd think they'd have some kind of protocol for that kind of thing - especially someone with a family. It certainly shouldn't on Hal to bring Abin home. Just another aspect of the GLC that writers never bothered exploring.
    I think GL's that died are taken care of Morro in the crypts of Oa.