Page 49 of 139 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest I just feel bad for the new boyfriend. Dude is doomed on several levels .
    Adams even laughed at someone asking if Hal’s new competitor is meant to be equivalent to the current Spidey bullshit with Paul lol
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Oh yeah, I can't see this getting anywhere near as bad as the mess that is ASM.

Astonishing Member

Wasn't Carol previously married?

Astonishing Member

I think Gli was his name. Can't remember what happened to him.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

You think Hal and Carol would have an open relationship at this point, where they don't have an issue being away long periods of time and are okay with the other having relations with other people

Which would prolly be a good mentality for some heroes and their significant others to adopt

Wonder if the Green Lantern book being Earth-based is related to the upcoming Lanterns TV show being Earth-based too. Considering those things are usually planned really far ahead and James Gunn only come on board late last year, I imagine it's mostly coincidental that happened to fit the planned direction of the cinematic slate.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I think Gli was his name. Can't remember what happened to him.
    They divorced not long after Hal came back in Rebirth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Wonder if the Green Lantern book being Earth-based is related to the upcoming Lanterns TV show being Earth-based too. Considering those things are usually planned really far ahead and James Gunn only come on board late last year, I imagine it's mostly coincidental that happened to fit the planned direction of the cinematic slate.
    I think it's just coincidental timing because they wanted to go for a back-to-basics approach while for the TV show I think it's just a budget thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What is this from?

The Brad Meltzer run I think? Though I could be wrong.

Poor Bruce just got re-traumatized. Was putting him in a gun really necessary, Hal??

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Poor Bruce just got re-traumatized. Was putting him in a gun really necessary, Hal??
    Why is this just dawning on me now...

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

No no no; you see it's not Batman using a gun, it's a gun using Batman.

It's one of those things that one can forgive in a comic book, but it's silly in live-action. It's all just willpower, so it's not like Batman as a bullet travels any faster than Batman in a bubble or any other construct. In my head-canon, the constructs are a subconscious visualization of how a GL wants to make something happen in the heat of the moment, (a boxing glove or freight train to knock someone out, a bed or teddy bear if you're breaking someone's fall, etc.) but it's silly to spend time on it. Same with attacks - a gun isn't any more powerful than ... a bigger gun, or a missile. It's still the GL's willpower. For instance, in the movie, the whole "using a catapult to launch a fuel truck at Parallax then shooting the truck to blow up" is silly because it's a waste of time, and shouldn't the ring be more powerful than a fuel truck exploding anyway??

Astonishing Member

In Robot Chicken, Bats rode a green sailboat.