Page 74 of 139 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2080
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    What's ASM?
    Amazing Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man.
    Oooooooooooooohhhh. Okay! Thank you for the explanation!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by twobit View Post
    Didn’t we see this before in the Geoff Johns run…Carol was engaged/Married when Hal came back…he turned down working for her and rejoined the Air Force got another GF…Carol gets divorced/breaks up with Gil…they start getting close after Blackest Night and he and Carol are a couple after War of Green Lanterns and are together after the 1st Lantern Storyline…then Carol breaks up with him after she started to have feelings for Kyle…which last a New York Minute…finally at the end of Hal last full solo series he and Carol reunite…until Grant Morrison screws it up, and ever since then Hal has been on the back burner until Dark Crisis.

Now we are doing it again except while Hal has been saving the multiverse…Carol moved on and Hal wants Carol back and his old job..sound about right. Wash…rinse…repeat.
    Yeah this is definitely a retread of the beginning of Geoff John's run after GL: Rebirth but I suspect the similarities end at the set up as Adams will dive into who Hal is as a person outside the GL uniform

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think the difference now is their relationship will be more heavily accentuated on since the current run takes place entirely on Earth. Also I don't believe there's been a situation where Hal has willingly given up to be with Carol because he saw she's got a good thing going for her. Of course for all we know this may not be what actually ends up happening and Carol could be the one putting Hal in his place by making him realize this time it won't work, but if Adams wants to make him as likeable as he says he does, then I think Hal should be the one to do that since heroes make sacrifices and it would show that he isn't some selfish go-getter but he has a heart and knows when it's time to do the right thing for his loved ones. Hal fans of course already know that about him but Adams said he wants to give him a really good characterization that makes it abundantly clear that his heart is in the right place. So I'm going by that, in the end I could be totally off the mark but I hope I'm somewhere close.
    Given the focus of this run is about who Hal is and how feels Earth (and Carol) has moved on without him I think that she is definitely going to maintain her distance from him. Carol has always had an easier time moving on b/c she knows who she is and what she wants out of life. Hal is definitely struggling with who he is outside the uniform. I think as he works on himself and grows as a person during Adam's run that Carol will inevitably be drawn to him again. I suspect the unnamed boyfriend won't last long and will be more of a plot device to incentivize Hal to look past his relationship with her and see how he can build an identity and roots here on earth. After all, Jeremy Adams has said in an interview that Hal sees Carol as home but if she is unavailable he has to look inward and see what else connects him to earth/coast city or if he can build new connections here. I do think eventually they will get back together but it will be a slow burn over many issues. Hal and Carol are an iconic DC couple that has been on the backburner for so long so it would be nice to see the again while DC seems to be in a phase of embracing longtime couples and having them grow on page.

Astonishing Member

By Mike Deodato.

This is really cool.

So, everyone is just drawing Hal with his hair parted to the other side now? It's odd how consistent that's become since the relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So, everyone is just drawing Hal with his hair parted to the other side now? It's odd how consistent that's become since the relaunch.
    I am more stuck on the change on the suit. Whereas the green part used to go down and cover his backside and his modest parts, it now stops like where the belt is. And the symbol seems drawn different too. Still getting used to those

GL #1 debuted at #8 in the sales chart for May 2023.

Been some signs that the icv2 sales charts are not reliable at all, but since this is all we got I thought I would share.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Been some signs that the icv2 sales charts are not reliable at all, but since this is all we got I thought I would share.
    "Sales Rankings (Units and Dollars) Based on Comic Store POS Data"

I know what POS means in this context, but my first thought was ... something else

In terms of DC, it sold #3, with only Batman and Titans #1 ranking higher. Good start - let's hope Hal keeps it goin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

I'll still take it as a good thing .

Billy's Hal poster in the new Shazam issue.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Billy's Hal poster in the new Shazam issue.

Neat reference to this classic Gil Kane cover (GL v2 166).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing96 View Post
    Yeah this is definitely a retread of the beginning of Geoff John's run after GL: Rebirth but I suspect the similarities end at the set up as Adams will dive into who Hal is as a person outside the GL uniform

Given the focus of this run is about who Hal is and how feels Earth (and Carol) has moved on without him I think that she is definitely going to maintain her distance from him. Carol has always had an easier time moving on b/c she knows who she is and what she wants out of life. Hal is definitely struggling with who he is outside the uniform. I think as he works on himself and grows as a person during Adam's run that Carol will inevitably be drawn to him again. I suspect the unnamed boyfriend won't last long and will be more of a plot device to incentivize Hal to look past his relationship with her and see how he can build an identity and roots here on earth. After all, Jeremy Adams has said in an interview that Hal sees Carol as home but if she is unavailable he has to look inward and see what else connects him to earth/coast city or if he can build new connections here. I do think eventually they will get back together but it will be a slow burn over many issues. Hal and Carol are an iconic DC couple that has been on the backburner for so long so it would be nice to see the again while DC seems to be in a phase of embracing longtime couples and having them grow on page.
    I have a dislike for Carol when it comes to Hal. I know she is his Lois but for me when I was a kid, Carol was the love interest constantly nagging Hal and urging him to stop being GL repeatedly which I hated. So much so despite all the issues I preferred Hal with Arisia, during the Green Lantern Corps era, didn't read the toxic Action comic stuffs til recently. Now I find Arisia one of DC's hottest female characters, which is a plus but my favorite thing about her was that she wasn't constantly telling Hal to grow up stop being a GL and be responsible, since for the meta reason a book about responsible Hal working a 9 to 5 I would never buy. I know that one time the worst time it was the Predator making her do it, but the Predator was just a part of her, plus she had done it many times before that, that is what I always think about with Carol. Arisia respected and looked up to Hal as a great GL and since I felt the same way I preferred watching her with him than Carol, not accepting him for who he is version.

^^I also liked Arisia for all the reasons mentioned above. She didn't bring all this conflict for Hal between his life and his duties. When they brought her back after Rebirth, I was hoping at some point it would be revealed that they were still friends with benefits and had settled into a mature, balanced yet casual relationship. Unfortunately, I think the whole "aging herself up" storyline puts a sour note on them ever being together again. (or maybe more time, and a couple more universal reboots need to pass)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    ^^I also liked Arisia for all the reasons mentioned above. She didn't bring all this conflict for Hal between his life and his duties. When they brought her back after Rebirth, I was hoping at some point it would be revealed that they were still friends with benefits and had settled into a mature, balanced yet casual relationship. Unfortunately, I think the whole "aging herself up" storyline puts a sour note on them ever being together again. (or maybe more time, and a couple more universal reboots need to pass)
    They did kiss again when she came back...

https://comic-watch.com/news/intervi...h-jeremy-adams

Adams: "...What I’m doing now is allowing me to find my voice for Hal and build that character into someone everyone will love, and then I can broaden it out. I do want to touch on that stuff, but if I jump into it, I really feel like people won’t be invested. But, if I make it clear who this character is and why we should root for him, as well as understand where he’s at emotionally, then when we start doing those bigger things, people will be able to go along with the bigger swings I hope to take.

Just like with Wally, this is a way for me to get acclimated to the book. I get to adjust to the voice I want to tell this story in, and it just happens that my desire for a back-to-basics approach lined up with editorial’s own desires lined up and fit into the same asylum. I had a pitch, like, a year ago about Green Lanterns being quarantined on Earth. So when they said ‘Hey, we want to do an Earth centric Hal Jordan book’, I was like ‘Great!’, since I already had the pitch ready.

There are a bunch of different things at play, but overall it’ll be easier for me. These are people’s favorite characters, and I take that responsibility of writing them very seriously. I want to be known as a caretaker to these heroes, and not like, a ‘Kill ‘Em All’ kind of guy."

If only some other Big Two writers and editors had the same mindset about the characters.