Page 102 of 139 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2080

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Hmmmh looking it into, what we do have of the Gold Lantern is they draw specifically from the emotion of happiness and joy and only need one Gold Lantern at a time. And they are another fusion thing, wielding the entire emotional spectrum or whatever by combining all the energy into the golden light of happiness.

There's a lot of mystery and later lies about what the Golden Lantern is and the happy energy, but Bendis to my knowledge never really delved into any of these answers to a clear degree. So the Gold Lantern as a concept was left incredibly vague and under-baked. Hell there's even an implication that they could actually be the united Green Lantern Corps and Sinestro Corps but again its all vague with nothing confirmed.

Meanwhile the Ultraviolet Corps does have stuff specified about it. Its lead by Umbrax a sentient black sun at the center of the Invisible Spectrum, able to create its own universe and corps. The Invisible Spectrum's color is a dull purple and draws from repressed emotions like hate, shame and resentment which is how Umbrax is able to control you, so unlike the rest of the Emotional Spectrum you are absolutely dominated by the Invisible Spectrum similar to the Black Lanterns.

And their uniform is a homage to Sinestro's classic purple outfit.

Oh, wow, I did not know all of that! The pics are great too and help to conceptualize things. Thank you again.

The White Lantern is also comprised of all of the emotional spectrums too, right? Like Will, Hope, Fear, Love , Rage and Compassion?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Fantastic Member

Also worth noting neither Gold or ultra violet have ever appeared or I think even been mentioned in GL comics. They are mostly connected to specific writers, Scott Snyder for the ultra and Bendis for Gold. My gut is they are likely to be about as impactful as the anti-GLC from Wolfman's GL run. Though not as well written.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    Also worth noting neither Gold or ultra violet have ever appeared or I think even been mentioned in GL comics. They are mostly connected to specific writers, Scott Snyder for the ultra and Bendis for Gold. My gut is they are likely to be about as impactful as the anti-GLC from Wolfman's GL run. Though not as well written.
    Ah, I have only heard of them and was not sure in how many books they did appear or their impact on the GLC.

Like I know DC created a New Red Lantern who is from the 1940's (?) and has a missing daughter Ruby (ala Jade the daughter of 1940's GL Alan Scott).
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I haven't enjoyed Hal's adventures this much since Venditti was on HJ and the GL Corps. This guy is my new favorite writer at DC. The joy and sense of adventure he puts into these stories is what DC needs more of these days.

Even though it can come off as over the top at times, I like Hal's playful innocence in this series. He is cocky and may or may not have a sad reason for why he seems overly cocky at times, but you don't get any bad vibes about him. His confidence doesn't rub you the wrong way, at least I don't think it does, which is something some writers tend to do with him sometimes that irritates me a lot.

Hm... so, as per the solits, a hero will fall in #2 of the JLA/Godzilla/Kong series. Looks like I'll be waiting to see who that is before I decide to pick up the series.

At least we'll get some badass covers I guess.

Last edited by Johnny; 08-19-2023 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    Did GL books have any year of the villain tie-ins? I think Sinestro appeared in Deathstroke and had his own one-shot as ultraviolet.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Did GL books have any year of the villain tie-ins? I think Sinestro appeared in Deathstroke and had his own one-shot as ultraviolet.
    I don't think so...pretty sure all the GL stuff was in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think so...pretty sure all the GL stuff was in space.
    Funny - that just makes me think, "Deathstroke ... in spaaaaaaaace!!" (I'm surprised nobody's ever thrown him into a sci-fi space thing for a time)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    At least we'll get some badass covers I guess.

I just don't get the existence of this book. But yeah the cover is truly beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I just don't get the existence of this book. But yeah the cover is truly beautiful
    It's like bashing your toys together when you were a kid. (man, I had some epic Shogun Warriors v. Mecha Godzilla v. Boba Fett battles when I was a kid )

never mind.
    Last edited by Timber Wolf-By-Night; 08-19-2023 at 11:17 PM.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

By Dan Mora.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    By Dan Mora.
    I'd love to see Mora draw more GL .