Page 2 of 139 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hey - this gives me an excuse to post the version I did of this sequence! (based off someone's suggestion - I forgot who, apologies)
    Neat! Now I wish the actual scene had played out like that, haha.

Probably some of my favorite fan edits from this site.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hey - this gives me an excuse to post the version I did of this sequence! (based off someone's suggestion - I forgot who, apologies)
    I remember this! Still awesome !

I probably wouldn't be able to tell this is a fan made edit if I saw the artwork for the first time. Very impressive.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Same here. I'm actually hoping for animated movie that respects Hal.
    Oh, and a couple of appearances in video games too. Like Multiversus and hopefully another game from Netherealms.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Daaaaaamn this is good!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Oh, and a couple of appearances in video games too. Like Multiversus and hopefully another game from Netherealms.
    That would be nice. I'm hoping for a movie announcement once the new DCU stuff gets rolling. Oh, and of course I'm glad he has his own solo again.

Curious about the artist. Funny enough if it's supposed to be "back to the roots", I wouldn't mind a bit more cartoony looking art. This will never happen but I always thought someone like Greg Capullo doing a GL book would be so neat, or just someone you'd never associate with GL in the first place. An artist more known for doing "street" stories going 180 for something like GL could be really interesting to see. That's one of the aspects that made folks like George Perez and Neal Adams so good, they could adapt their style to any story or character and it never felt "off".

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

One of the cool things about the Morrison run is really the banter between Hal and his ring (or should we say "Pengowirr"?). They share an intimate bond, in the vein of the Doctor and his TARDIS, even though the ring often takes the piss out of Hal (but this is always playful). I'm hoping the Tamaki run will capitalize on that.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I really need 2023 to be the year of the Morrison run GL Omnibus.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Curious about the artist. Funny enough if it's supposed to be "back to the roots", I wouldn't mind a bit more cartoony looking art. This will never happen but I always thought someone like Greg Capullo doing a GL book would be so neat, or just someone you'd never associate with GL in the first place. An artist more known for doing "street" stories going 180 for something like GL could be really interesting to see. That's one of the aspects that made folks like George Perez and Neal Adams so good, they could adapt their style to any story or character and it never felt "off".
    If it wasn’t for the fact he’s busy on Action Comics I’d say Rafa Sandoval or Pepe Larraz.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    That would be nice. I'm hoping for a movie announcement once the new DCU stuff gets rolling. Oh, and of course I'm glad he has his own solo again.
    A movie announcement would be just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Viktor Bogdanovic has a very similar style to Capullo and I like his Hal
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

If we can't have Dan Mora I'd vote for Gleb Melnikov.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    If we can't have Dan Mora I'd vote for Gleb Melnikov.
    Yeah, Mora might be my fav artist right now, but he's going to be on the Shazam book.