Page 27 of 139 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I like Carol as the one true love, but Hal dating lots of different women is kinda important character trait.

Sure, him getting married could in theory lead to fresh new stories, but superhero comics are terrible at writing actual families. And GL franchise is very violatile so I doubt that it would work.

Honestly, I see Hal just retiring after he settles down with Carol.
    I get that on some level, but it feels like he's kind of run the course of a girlfriend of the month.

Or at least I'd rather see Carol appear more than get a new LI.

I know the one thing I don't want to see is the same old relationship drama between Hal and Carol. So, whether they're in a relationship, or just friends, or even if they bring in a new LI -- anything but another round of "Demanding Carol v. Screwup Hal." (that's as played out as "The Guardians are jerks") Honestly, after everything they've been through I'd prefer them in a "friends with benefits" scenario where they can be together when they're not doing other things and no pressure of commitment.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-08-2023 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I know the one thing I don't want to see is the same old relationship drama between Hal and Carol. So, whether they're in a relationship, or just friends, or even if they bring in a new LI -- anything but another round of "Demanding Carol v. Screwup Hal"
    Yep! Let Carol at least be a strong female character too!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yep! Let Carol at least be a strong female character too!
    Same as Mera or even Catwoman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Variant cover. They haven't released the main cover yet. I'm guessing they're saving it when the solicits come out in order to avoid potential spoilers.
    Interesting cover. I wonder who the kid is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I want them back together, they should have gotten married for real at the end of Johns’ run.
    The future scene of them getting married and having a kid would have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    The future scene of them getting married and having a kid would have been great.
    Personally, I like that as an endgame for Hal, but not for a long time. (if we ever get a future timeline story - sure. Otherwise, I don't need to see it)

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

1982 Gil Kane Pinup.

GilKaneGL.jpg

Incredible Member

I hope the new run focuses on the weirdness of being back on Earth. Not so much just the relationships but the fact that space is quiet and vast. How do you adjust to a small apartment and all that noise

It can also start to feel a little tiresome to see his life being so chaotic all the time. Giving him some "normal weirdness" for a while isn't a bad idea.

Adams was asked about a potential Hal/Diana team-up and he said that could be "fun".
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-10-2023 at 01:51 AM.

CBR has some art from the new series:
    https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-se...o-new-costume/
    So Carol's confirmed. And I guess John's "backup" is only a teaser in the first issue if I'm reading it correctly and won't be a regular feature.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    CBR has some art from the new series:
    https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-se...o-new-costume/
    So Carol's confirmed. And I guess John's "backup" is only a teaser in the first issue if I'm reading it correctly and won't be a regular feature.
    So it sounds like Hal, Kilowog, and Sinestro get basically stuck on Earth.

I'm guessing the drone designs mean we might get a story addressing the state of test pilots, or pilots in general, in a world where drones are becoming so ubiquitous.

I'm glad it looks like Carol will be a main character again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So it sounds like Hal, Kilowog, and Sinestro get basically stuck on Earth.
    I'm guessing the drone designs mean we might get a story addressing the state of test pilots, or pilots in general, in a world where drones are becoming so ubiquitous.
    I'm glad it looks like Carol will be a main character again.
    The Hal/Carol cover makes me worried about how their relationship will be depicted, though it does seem a bit tongue-in-cheek, so hopefully it won't be the same old drama.

Eh, I wouldn't worry about those drone fighters though - they crap out at 50,000 ft. I do wonder though if the thing is Ferris Air manufacturing drones as a metaphor for how she can't rely on pilots anymore...

Oh look - Kilowog ... again. Honestly, I'm tired of him and his one-note character. I hope they find something interesting to do with him. Will they mention how Sinestro murdered his entire people? Will Kilowog have fond memories of the time he lived on earth? I want to see him with Rocket Red...!
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-10-2023 at 09:27 AM.

I thought the Hal/Carol one was cute myself.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It's crazy how the minimal modern changes to the costume make it feel both contemporary and still retain the classic element, while going back to the original Silver Age outfit makes it look so out of place. Obviously there's a story reason for it but the main cover not using the concept art that made it look like a mix between the old costume and the current look, but going straight back to the original costume from 1959 just doesn't feel right. It's a great cover but nothing about it would feel even remotely "off" if Hal had the modern look on it.