Page 35 of 139 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Jeff Spokes, the artist of that large Dawn of DC promotional image posted some singles in his Insta and among them was one of Hal. What's interesting is that in the published version, Hal has the green shoulders. (the logo in the final also has a more dimensional circle around it rather than a simple line, but that's neither here nor there) It's also interesting that his mask has the little points on it, resembling the floating mask in the "Green Arrow" cover - which caused many to conjecture was a reference to Parallax.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-24-2023 at 03:12 PM.

Some of the design choices in that promo poster are odd in general. The artist drew John Stewart with white gloves, he has Aquaman with a beard again even though other Dawn of DC promo art had him clean shaven, he had Wally's costume resemble Barry's New-52 costume with all the lines, while when you zoom in on other characters with masks, they seem to have pointy masks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Some of the design choices in that promo poster are odd in general. The artist drew John Stewart with white gloves, he has Aquaman with a beard again even though other Dawn of DC promo art had him clean shaven, he had Wally's costume resemble Barry's New-52 costume with all the lines, while when you zoom in on other characters with masks, they seem to have pointy masks too
    But with Hal, we see that there was a version that's more accurate - and fully colored, then changed. Who knows why it was altered or if any of the others were also altered to be incorrect? (it would be funny if he changed it to be the new black shoulders, but someone dropped the ball and just neglected to update it)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Jeff Spokes, the artist of that large Dawn of DC promotional image posted some singles in his Insta and among them was one of Hal. What's interesting is that in the published version, Hal has the green shoulders. (the logo in the final also has a more dimensional circle around it rather than a simple line, but that's neither here nor there) It's also interesting that his mask has the little points on it, resembling the floating mask in the "Green Arrow" cover - which caused many to conjecture was a reference to Parallax.
    I guess Hal looks younger here.

Very James Dean alike.

Astonishing Member

About the SS video game, what do you guys think of the chances of Hal making an appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    About the SS video game, what do you guys think of the chances of Hal making an appearance?
    Zero and you don’t want him to. He would be Brainiac’s brainwashed slave just like the rest of the League.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah aside from a reference or name drop, I don't see or want him to be anywhere near that game. I do wish he would show up in Multiversus, though that seems unlikely too.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-26-2023 at 05:45 AM.

I think he's name-dropped in the plot leaks, though none of that has been confirmed yet.

I’m sure he’ll be mentioned or some Codex entries will establish he exists, but if he’s lucky he’s off in space fighting Sinestro at the time of the game.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Astonishing Member

Yeah aside from a reference or name drop, I don't see or want him to be anywhere near that game. I do wish he would show up in Multiversus, though that seems unlikely too.
    Multiversus would be nice.

Or maybe Injustce 3?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Or maybe Injustce 3?
    Sounds nice though I'm not sure what's going on there in terms of development.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Cute.
    Air Jordan!