Page 5 of 139 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Well, I have been rewatching Gundam 00, and one of the characters, Lockon Stratos (both brothers), reminds me of Hal.

Although both brothers have Hal beat in the hair department.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Or they'd go the other way with it and she'd be completely naked. You know - to establish her feminine dominance or somesuch.
    Like Dr Manhattan. Or moe like Void of Wildcats.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Wonder what an Earth One Sapphire would look like.
    The thing about the Earth One GL setting is that the other Corps prolly wouldn't work in that setting.

The green light is simply a power source the Guardians created and in volume 2 when the yellow lanterns are introduced they are simply a much stronger improved variant created by the last Guardian.

No emotional spectrum, nor fear requirement, they are basically just power sources anybody could use as long as they have strong will. Vol 2 even shows the GL's able to switch for the yellow ring with no issue and even ends with the remaining GL's and yellow lanterns working together because as Sinestro says there's no functional difference.

Prolly would have to explain why it has specific effects the green and yellow light don't have.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The thing about the Earth One GL setting is that the other Corps prolly wouldn't work in that setting.

The green light is simply a power source the Guardians created and in volume 2 when the yellow lanterns are introduced they are simply a much stronger improved variant created by the last Guardian.

No emotional spectrum, nor fear requirement, they are basically just power sources anybody could use as long as they have strong will. Vol 2 even shows the GL's able to switch for the yellow ring with no issue and even ends with the remaining GL's and yellow lanterns working together because as Sinestro says there's no functional difference.

Prolly would have to explain why it has specific effects the green and yellow light don't have.
    Maybe a Sapphire power source not connected to the emotionwl spectrum could work. Kind of like during the Silver Age.

This made me wish that there was a volume 3 of Esrth One.

Last edited by Johnny; 01-10-2023 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I liked the Alan and Hal/Spectre moment in Johns' JSA run.

Astonishing Member

Panels like that help my arguments about GL Legacy post crisis, from Alan to Hal.

Astonishing Member

Is this from Day of Judgement?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    One of the cool things about the Morrison run is really the banter between Hal and his ring (or should we say "Pengowirr"?). They share an intimate bond, in the vein of the Doctor and his TARDIS, even though the ring often takes the piss out of Hal (but this is always playful). I'm hoping the Tamaki run will capitalize on that.
    Yeah. The sentient power ring sounds interesting.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was she wearing a jacket before? I thought it was just like a typical Lantern suit only in purple and with the Sapphire mask.

They don't need heels but I think she should still have thigh-high boots...
    No heels? Where would the fun be in that? You just KNOW Alan Davis would draw Sapphire with heels!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    No heels? Where would the fun be in that? You just KNOW Alan Davis would draw Sapphire with heels!
    Star Sapphire is one character who would be fine in heels - her feet rarely touch the ground unless she's striking a pose and have we ever seen her running? I don't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Star Sapphire is one character who would be fine in heels - her feet rarely touch the ground unless she's striking a pose and have we ever seen her running? I don't think so...
    Plus those boots are to die for .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Plus those boots are to die for .
    When she was a villain I think those boots did that.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

I've been thinking about the music for a Green Lantern movie, and while the GL mythos should have a sci-fi/space opera OST, I think it would be interesting to give the human Lanterns more unique and personal themes. For Hal I'd love to hear something Western inspired, weird I know. But Hal is an older character, he feels like someone from another era and I think they should lean into that. He's a test pilot, an astronaut, a stick jockey; he has a wonderful adventurous spirit to him; and to me, he is a science hero, pushing the boundaries and frontiers of humanity.

I want Hal's theme to capture the wandering cowboy, lone (space) ranger vibe that he has. Something that captures his adventurous soul, something kind of romantic and yearning. Immediately, what comes to mind is Hans Zimmer's work on The Lone Ranger; in particular, his Home motif that appears in several tracks (around 0:43 here; the Silver motif following it is just as sublime) as well as given full life in a long piece.

Last edited by StarSpangledMan; 01-12-2023 at 08:37 PM.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

And the full Home track: