Page 52 of 139 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    Goddamn Xermanico is good
    Yeah at least it's clear the art side of the book will be top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    Goddamn Xermanico is good
    It's a solid creative team....I think Jeremy Adams is underrated. Though he could disappoint, I think there is a strong chance his we do better than expected on the title.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I always find it a bit weird that writer had to rush to conclusions when his run was over 30 issues long. Many writers don't get even half of that.
    I think that's usually just when they don't get a lot of notice that they're leaving.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I always find it a bit weird that writer had to rush to conclusions when his run was over 30 issues long. Many writers don't get even half of that.
    It was a sudden thing.

He didn't even realize he was getting cancelled until just very recently when they announced the writer change. So he effectively had everything he was working on cut short right in the middle with no time to prepare.

Incredible Member

Double post, please remove.
    Last edited by Batgrayson; 04-05-2023 at 09:57 PM.

Incredible Member

As other said, he didn't know he was being removed from the book until a few months ago, I think it was on december.

These final issue were written after he got the news, besides, the series was dragged into War for Earth 3 and Dark Crisis tie-ins, and the first story arc had to be Wally's redemption after HiC, those are already 10 issues, a third of his run; so he only had like around 10 issues where he could do what he wanted before getting the bad news.

Probably the first half of One Minute War, the one with a slower pace, was ready at the time, but we could say the final third of his run was done after knowing his run was axed

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    As other said, he didn't know he was being removed from the book until a few months ago, I think it was on december.

These final issue were written after he got the news, besides, the series was dragged into War for Earth 3 and Dark Crisis tie-ins, and the first story arc had to be Wally's redemption after HiC, those are already 10 issues, a third of his run; so he only had like around 10 issues where he could do what he wanted before getting the bad news.

Probably the first half of One Minute War, the one with a slower pace, was ready at the time, but we could say the final third of his run was done after knowing his run was axed

Editorial always mucks up the writer's ideas for a book . Same thing happened to Tom King in Batman. We'll never know his true plans for Batman.
    I do hope that Williamson is able to bring Hal back to the top once again. I feel that many people have forgotten what Kyle has done .
    And Hal & John are really the top guys for GL .
    So I'm looking forward to the new GL title, and really hope that it's very good and that Adams be left alone to tell his story without interruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post

Oh yeah the Dark Crisis tie-in was pretty long, at 4 issues between issues 783-786. All that was...... damn ten issues ago, not that long ago actually. And the Earth-3 tie-in was pretty much wastes of paper considering how that story turned out.

At most hopefully the only crossovers we can expect is probably one with John's title which is less disruptive at least than a tie-in to an event.

Huh looks like Adams really wants to bring Razor and Aya into the comics

https://twitter.com/hiddenhush/statu...162212866?s=46

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Dang, I never thought about itb efore but he's someone who could actually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I understand that Hal had to push a plane to its limits to work out the bugs - to create situations for the plane to fail so they understand what to fix/improve and prevent fatal errors from occurring once it goes into production, etc ... but I still hope we don't see Hal crash again. (and seeing Carol frustrated with Hal is so cliche by now)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-06-2023 at 07:59 AM.

I only just noticed the plane is literally green.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Razor I’m indifferent towards, I liked him in the show but he’s always felt like a character who has a set arc and then he should be done. I would like to see Aya. If Adams wants to bring them in he basically is going to have to retell their stories in the comics because I don’t think you could just loosely canonize the events of the show.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Razor I’m indifferent towards, I liked him in the show but he’s always felt like a character who has a set arc and then he should be done. I would like to see Aya. If Adams wants to bring them in he basically is going to have to retell their stories in the comics because I don’t think you could just loosely canonize the events of the show.
    It would also mean bringing the Red Lanterns back.

I liked Razor and Aya on the show because of their storyline. I have no idea what they might do in a comic, but I wouldn't want them as supporting cast. Maybe Adams has a particular story in mind to introduce them. In general though, I wouldn't mind staying away from Red Lanterns for awhile and I've never been a big fan of the "hot, naive robot girl" trope. I'd rather the writer bring in an already existing female character.