Page 68 of 139 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2080

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Just saw you guys posted in on YouTube as well. Thanks for doing that!

You are very welcome!
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Waid had an AMA over on League of Comics Geeks and he said that Hal Jordan is one character he would like to do more with. I posted the link to the AMA over in the DC news thread.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Have you seen these images?

Green Lantern #2 preview

https://twitter.com/Sinestros_Myte/s...CzocSu_IYuAAAA

Hal actually owns a helmet?! (looks like Hal and Kil are both going to enjoy an ice cold sody-pop)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Waid had an AMA over on League of Comics Geeks and he said that Hal Jordan is one character he would like to do more with. I posted the link to the AMA over in the DC news thread.
    That's cool. Waid's JLA: Year One and Flash and GL: Brave and the Bold minis were some of the earliest comics I read that made me a Hal fan. I always thought he wrote the character really well. He was brash but likable and funny. There was also some sadness to the character that came out that made him pretty sympathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hal actually owns a helmet?! (looks like Hal and Kil are both going to enjoy an ice cold sody-pop)
    Does that mean Hal has a bike. Wait, of course he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    That's cool. Waid's JLA: Year One and Flash and GL: Brave and the Bold minis were some of the earliest comics I read that made me a Hal fan. I always thought he wrote the character really well. He was brash but likable and funny. There was also some sadness to the character that came out that made him pretty sympathetic.
    Didn't Waid also write the Hal/Kara "She's only seventeen.... seventeen.... seventeen" issue of "Brave & the Bold"? That ... wasn't great. While I liked those series, I don't think his depiction of Hal was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Have you seen these images?

Green Lantern #2 preview

https://twitter.com/Sinestros_Myte/s...CzocSu_IYuAAAA

Looking good!
    Didn't Waid also write the Hal/Kara "She's only seventeen.... seventeen.... seventeen" issue of "Brave & the Bold"? That ... wasn't great. While I liked those series, I don't think his depiction of Hal was the best.
    The rest of the run and Hal's use in it was still pretty solid in my opinion.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Green Lantern and The Silver Surfer by Cully Hamner

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

By Bernard Chang

Mark Waid said there will be a new World’s Finest book announced soon that’s a dream job for him and also that he’s working with Samnee on something.
    I have a feeling that it might be a WF: Flash/GL starring Barry and Hal. It would certainly be right in his wheel house, I’m just not sure he’d be willing to do another “Flash” run, but it sure would be cool.

On a side note, in his new ongoing Hal is looking exactly like his Silver Age/WF self.

Some covers for Knight Terrors GL#2.

BANNED

That was a different series from like a decade later. I'm not sure we can use that one example to invalidate the otherwise excellent character work he did. Besides, as I recall that was more just Hal having an uncomfortable thought. He didn't try anything with her and in fact rebuffed her when she tried to kiss him. It's an awkward moment that I think was intended to be humorous.

It appears that, in-universe wise, Martin Jordan died in 1996, which likely means that Hal was born between around 1986 and 1990.

So Hal is a millennial in the current continuity? Ain't that something. lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Mark Waid said there will be a new World’s Finest book announced soon that’s a dream job for him and also that he’s working with Samnee on something.
    I have a feeling that it might be a WF: Flash/GL starring Barry and Hal. It would certainly be right in his wheel house, I’m just not sure he’d be willing to do another “Flash” run, but it sure would be cool.

On a side note, in his new ongoing Hal is looking exactly like his Silver Age/WF self.
    God, I would love that. It'd be a nice way to get Barry in a regular series while keeping Wally as the lead of the Flash.