Page 72 of 139 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2080
    Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Love it.

As far as Hal and Carol themselves, I think in this run Hal will eventually realize that it's a mistake to reinsert himself into Carol's life out of nowhere and risk ruining everything she currently has going for her professionally and personally. So he will let her go in the end, quit Ferris Air and either go back to the stars or find another job and a different potential love interest that I believe Adams hinted at during some of his interviews. He did say he wanted Hal to be likable and make the right choices in the end and being a hero is about sacrifices so that's what I very much expect Hal to do in regards to Carol. They wanted to reestablish him always going after her again, until he realizes this isn't about him, it's about her and how that's the correct choice to make.

I think few things will make Hal feel more likable than being aware he has a real chance to get back with Carol, but deciding otherwise since her being in a stable relationship and having a real chance to truly move on with her life would prove more important to him than the chaos he always brings to her. I very much expect some Raimi's Spider-Man 1 type ending, just without the "my gift and my curse" theme since Hal hardly sees his superheroics as a curse.
    Was just thinking of Johnny's excellent post here and even Hal's song of choice seems apt.

You can't always get what you want
    But if you try sometime you'll find
    You get what you need

Adams has said Johns was always very supportive after he learned he was going to do GL, but he was also intimidated when he learned he had to include Sinestro in the book since he was worried that after Johns' work on him he wouldn't do the character justice. He echoed similar sentiments for why he never used Reverse-Flash in his Flash run, after what Waid and Johns had previously done with the character.
    I think Williamson put the Reverse-Flashes to bed a bit in his run. As much as I love Thawne and Hunter, we could use a break from them.

Hm... Adams said he "had to" include Sinestro? As in DC told him to? Did he convey any other edicts from DC? I know it was their idea to put Hal on earth and give him a retro looking suit to convey a "back to basics" approach. Was the quarantine/Hal quitting a DC thing as well?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hm... Adams said he "had to" include Sinestro? As in DC told him to? Did he convey any other edicts from DC? I know it was their idea to put Hal on earth and give him a retro looking suit to convey a "back to basics" approach. Was the quarantine/Hal quitting a DC thing as well?
    The "quarantine" was his idea. And yeah the "back to basics" Earth approach to go along with Dawn of DC and Sinestro's presence was all editorial, but Adams was the one who came up with the reasons for why Hal is back on Earth and why Sinestro is there too.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-26-2023 at 04:53 PM.

This makes me want a 2D GL cartoon in this style.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This makes me want a 2D GL cartoon in this style.
    I wouldn't mind - except that the Guardians look like jerks again, which is the opposite of what I'd want.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Was just thinking of Johnny's excellent post here and even Hal's song of choice seems apt.

Certainly seems appropriate. Both within the context of the story and now that we know it's canonically part of Hal's music taste.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I wouldn't mind - except that the Guardians look like jerks again, which is the opposite of what I'd want.
    Appa Ali Apsa just waiting to lecture Hal .

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The irony is that the guy who wrote this would be be fired for trying to unionize with the other DC creators.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The irony is that the guy who wrote this would be be fired for trying to unionize with the other DC creators.
    That's pretty believable and sad...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Appa Ali Apsa just waiting to lecture Hal .
    Poor Old Timer, such a nice guy until The Road Back...

Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    Poor Old Timer, such a nice guy until The Road Back...
    If not for that storyline, he probably would've done everything Ganthet ended up doing. It actually makes sense that the Guardian who found his "humanity" traveling with Hal and Ollie came back to earth to give the ring to a human (Kyle) and to be the one who shepherds the Blue Lanterns, etc. It would've been such a great legacy to "Hard Traveling Heroes", but alas...

Morrison did a short story about Hank Hallmark in Pride one-shot. It is basically about E-36 versions of Hal and Barry, even has Hallmark going Parallax. But since it is Morrison it is actually a fun story and nobody gets character assassinated.