Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    New Era Thor August

IMMORTAL THOR by Al Ewing and Martín Cóccolo Leaks
    Where is the reference to Amora?

This immortal Thor thing, maybe it will be a nice justification for Lorelei's unknown and never explained resurrection for the sake of it, even if it was explained more or less by Busiek using his avengers run reference but never followed by anyone after the Defenders series of 2001.

Al Ewing likes referencing other books in his works and in general he's a continuity nut so I think we can see Amora and his sons in this new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Al Ewing likes referencing other books in his works and in general he's a continuity nut so I think we can see Amora and his sons in this new series.
    Yeah, hope to see them (iric can be back from death if the immortal thing it is like Hulk or The Krakoa Era of the X-men?), also Lorelei and Sigurd, personally I have the idea or maybe it is like this that Lorelei's past and grudge against her older sister it is because, she feel so jealous of her because Amora have had the chance to have a childhood and adolescence and know better her mother and father and Lorelei have to deal with the trauma of the death of her parents being just a little girl.

Ewing digs deep. Amora could have a lucky break and have a revelant role on this run. However, mind you than he also can go in unexpected direction with the characters.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I hope for It, It would be a dream come true, also something unexpected like to make Lorelei queen of Asgard and have Sif and Sigurd as support, for not to make Loki or her older sister not to manipulate her as they pleased or Lorelei herself uncontrolled to a point that threatens the 10 realms?

An amazing new pic I found.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    An amazing new pic I found.

awesome pic

8 bits

Cool stuff.

Thoughts on the idea that Vanaheim becomes ruled by Balder and Karnilla and Amora becomes the Runes protector!?

Quote Originally Posted by Sif View Post
    Cool stuff.

Thoughts on the idea that Vanaheim becomes ruled by Balder and Karnilla and Amora becomes the Runes protector!?
    well, Thor comics don't do enough with the political side of things. usually don't even mention the rulers of other realms unless they're at war with Asgard.

Perhaps the execution was not good, but since war of the realms, that is not the case, Loki is clearly the ruler and King o Jotunheim, and Balder and Karnilla also got plots around the Runes and Hel, so it would be development from that.

Perhaps the execution was not good, but since war of the realms, that is not the case, Loki is clearly the ruler and King o Jotunheim, and Balder and Karnilla also got plots around the Runes and Hel, so it would be development from that.
    Personally I would like instead of Amora becoming ruler of something, see her with her son Alvi after the death of her first one on Strange Academy, this can be a better development for her while with Lorelei and Sigurd, things can go for another route, also who knows but after Amora banishes Sylvie Lushton to some unknown place in the end of Illuminati series from 2016, she could be turned into the young ruler of that realm after fighting, getting stronger, adquire more experience and using the same willpower she used to learn fast the power that Loki gave her this will be shocking for everyone.

In my view Amora needs something challenging as the runes, so she can be more nuanced, her son could be the catalyst for rejection of what was her perception of her future.

In my view Amora needs something challenging as the runes, so she can be more nuanced, her son could be the catalyst for rejection of what was her perception of her future.
    It is possible, but she has so much power that if she decided to take it all out, no one could with her, she has total control of it and does not let her emotions go beyond rage when facing mortals, if she did, she would leave a river of corpses in her path (she's a goddess of love not death).

Sometime I would like to see the story of her teenage life as a disciple of Karnilla and her knowledge of runes and everything related to magic before Karnilla decided to expel her from her kingdom for being too rebellious and ambitious, in many character biographies from Marvel is said to have been, but I've never seen that story.

In the Strange Academy special of the Death of Doctor Strange, Amora recognized that at that point in her life she did not expect to be a mother and that she was not made for that life, so she decided to stay away from them and have them stay with her father, even because she considered herself a problem and a danger to them even though she loved them with all her heart, her son Alvi's attitude towards her is normal and Amora has no arguments to justify it because she knows he's right, but if he has problems she won't hesitate for a second to help.

Amora doesn't need to be a villain, she is almost an anti-heroine and few writers seem to realize that, she is as complex or more than Loki, even her sister Lorelei is like that too.

Well, the most interesting alternate Amora was in Thor: the Reigning where Amora is queen of Asgard and mother to Magni Thor's son.

that Amora was absolutely a maternal figure who cared more about the greater good than her own personal self-interest... but this is in large part because her personal self-interest had been exhausted. This version of Amora had had marrying Thor as her greatest ambition in life. Welp, you got it, now what? the answer to "now what?" was seemingly "raise Thor's children."

From a politics standpoint, Amora was Queen of Asgard. But Thor marrying a woman from Vanaheim wasn't universally liked since, in-universe, a lot of people thought he should marry SIF. I don't remember much beyond people thinking he should have married Sif. I don't remember anyone going to Vanaheim or saying much about it.

Completely agreed, after all for what I see, Amora is the less villanous woman of all female Marvel villains everyone believes she is, returning her to the 60 or 70s it would be a huge mistake unless you really justify it with a good storyline to look really natural and not forced, something that actually it's hard to see regarding her.