Page 67 of 151 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2251

The look on my face when I learn cupcakes are in the vicinity.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Does anyone have any cool images of Betsy with little butterfly psychic energy floating around her

If anyone didn't notice, she has the bi flag colors on her cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    If anyone didn't notice, she has the bi flag colors on her cape.
    Yes indeed! The colors really work with her hair too.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

She also looks a bit tipsy, perhaps she just got back from the London Pride

Ia hate how little she's interacted with so many of the veteran X-characters this era. Has she even had scenes with Storm, Wolverine or Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ia hate how little she's interacted with so many of the veteran X-characters this era. Has she even had scenes with Storm, Wolverine or Jean
    A little bit with Wolverine in XoS when she tells him to piss off after he suggests Brian sleep with Saturnyne. He later cheers her on during her match and Storm is intently watching, but nothing substantial. When it was just a small group of sword-bearers left against the demon horde, my heart hurt because she wasn't there fighting back to back with Logan, Storm, and her brother.

I can't think of anything with Jean aside from both being at the baseball game in X-Terminators. She had a few scenes with Emma in Excalibur but I think Rogue and Gambit are the only veterans she's really spent time with.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That’s been one of my biggest complaints this era. She’s had no meaningful interactions with any of the the main veterans or A lister. Just brief exchanges that held no weight. IMO.

I do appreciate her relationship with Apocalypse.

Nightcrawler or Storm should have given their spot to Betsy. Unless they only allow QC members to do that but that was never established.

I know a lot of people say that she’s been heavily involved in the Krakoa era but I really don’t think she has.
    Last edited by CGAR; 07-03-2023 at 11:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    That’s been one of my biggest complaints this era. She’s had no meaningful interactions with any of the the main veterans or A lister. Just brief exchanges that held no weight. IMO.

Nightcrawler or Storm should have given their spot to Betsy. Unless they only allow QC members to do that but that was never established.

I know a lot of people say that she’s been heavily involved in the Krakoa era but I really don’t think she has.
    Agreed. One of my main complaints for Betsy in the Krakoan era is how little she's interacted with her friends and main X-Men characters. Frankly, as Captain Britain, she should be on the Quiet Council at the very least. If that's still a thing after Fall of X, I hope to see her there.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

She hasnt. Otherworld and Britain feel so removed from the main books, X of Swords aside. The stories told with Betsy have largely been irrelevant

Hopefully she'll be weaved into what's happening in X-Men Red as all the flashing signs are indicating: The return of A, the Amenthi horde, Death, Otherworld, mutant magic, and especially Marianna Stern and Coven Akkaba.

Idk. I kinda like that she’s got her own thing going aside from just sitting around on the island. It would def be dope to see her hang with Kurt or Logan for a panel or three but I don’t know if I feel her stories are irrelevant. Just focused on her.

Though I’ll definitely eat all PsyStorm crumbs in X-Men Red if it happens. My girls.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 07-04-2023 at 01:47 PM.

Ultimate Member

Betsy needs a fresh start and a clean slate going forward, without the CB title for starters...

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Idk. I kinda like that she’s got her own thing going aside from just sitting around on the island. It would def be dope to see her hang with Kurt or Logan for a panel or three but I don’t know if I feel her stories are irrelevant. Just focused on her.

Though I’ll definitely eat all PsyStorm crumbs in X-Men Red if it happens. My girls.
    We're on the same wavelength because I feel the same way. I might feel differently if Krakoa was being built out in a big way but for the most part the focus has been on inner politics and the island getting attacked every couple of months. So I'm okay with Betsy in the meantime strengthening bonds with her family and newly resurrected old friends, and getting a fresh taste of what it was like when the public had a lot of love for her. I've read the charity ball scene in BBCB #4 so many times at this point.

Otherworld wasn't being used and the Corps had been destroyed so I'm good with her maintaining control of the realm even if we don't always see it (similar to Magik running Limbo for so long). When I think about other characters I love like Rictor, Polaris, and Jubilee, it's hard to imagine them doing anything other than just hanging around the island. With Betsy I know she's traversing the multiverse, answering distress calls, and meeting people from all realities.

She'll eventually rejoin the X-Men and I'll love every moment of it. Then one day she'll be off the team again but she'll have an entire world (and the UK) as a backdrop that can be mined by future writers. And of course the ideal situation would be for her world and Krakoa to mix and blend more.

Ewing grabbing all the Excalibur concepts (mutant magic, Coven Akkaba, Arakko/mage apocalypse) is so big brained of him. Betsy books highkey brought some of the strongest concepts to the line. That’s impact.

Honestly, the whole Betty/Apocalypse connection is tea. I think it might be one of my favorite partnerships of hers.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 07-04-2023 at 06:56 PM.