Page 68 of 151 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2251

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Ewing grabbing all the Excalibur concepts (mutant magic, Coven Akkaba, Arakko/mage apocalypse) is so big brained of him. Betsy books highkey brought some of the strongest concepts to the line. That’s impact.

Honestly, the whole Betty/Apocalypse connection is tea. I think it might be one of my favorite partnerships of hers.
    Al has taken content from her books and is adding his brilliant flavors to feed us.

- He announces the return of mutant magic.
    - Then surprises us with the return of the External Gate.
    - Genesis is back with the Annihilation staff, which was created by Saturnyne. Betsy was just considering contacting her in BBCB #3. Interesting timing. Precog vibes.
    - Death. Genesis “freed” him from Sevalith. Odd, considering Betsy offered to take him with her in Knights but he was content in staying. Perhaps he felt forced to leave by his mother. His allegiance is a question mark because he sure seemed to enjoy his sparring dance with Betsy and made clear he was crushing on Storm.
    - Marianna Stern of Coven Akkaba. I fell off my chair when she appeared.
    - And now Apocalypse says he needs to gather forces. After assisting Betsy in her role which birthed an army of Betsy alternates and secured a mutant running Otherworld. After bringing omega Jamie Braddock back to good standing with his family. After installing another omega in Mercator.

Chef Al is cooking.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    That’s been one of my biggest complaints this era. She’s had no meaningful interactions with any of the the main veterans or A lister. Just brief exchanges that held no weight. IMO.

I do appreciate her relationship with Apocalypse.

Nightcrawler or Storm should have given their spot to Betsy. Unless they only allow QC members to do that but that was never established.

I know a lot of people say that she’s been heavily involved in the Krakoa era but I really don’t think she has.
    Betsy had Gambit and Rouge on her Excalibur team. They are definitely A list characters. These two characters often receive their own monthly comics, and frequently appear in media outside of the comics like cartoons and movies. They have both been leader of X-Men teams. They have both been mainstay members of the X-Men since the 90's. They are two of the most popular characters at Marvel, not just in the X-Men comics themselves. Their popularity isn't even just not even an opinion on my part. It's backed up by sales figures.

As far as being heavily involved in Krakoa, I have to disagree there also. The Mutant Magic story from Excalibur is being picked up on. The development that Apocalypse recieved in Excalibur is being picked up on in X-Men Red. Betsy's comics have dealt with one of the main subplots of Krakoa , which is how the mutants get along with foreign governments. The UK is one of the countries that apposes Krakoa, and Betsy has dealt with that political story even though she isn't on the QC.

I'd even argue that not being on the council has been good for Betsy. She can go on her own adventures without having her comic highjacked with to many political comics. And being on the Council didn't do jack for Nightcrawler or Shadowcat. There comics were canceled even faster than Betsy's.

Actually, I'm not even sure if it would be legal for Betsy to be on the QC. She may not be part of the actual British government, but it seems to me that there is some sort of overlap between being Captain Britain and UK. And she definitelly seems to answer to someone in otherworld. Roma or someone. I don't think that you can be a member of two different countries governments.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Agreed. One of my main complaints for Betsy in the Krakoan era is how little she's interacted with her friends and main X-Men characters. Frankly, as Captain Britain, she should be on the Quiet Council at the very least. If that's still a thing after Fall of X, I hope to see her there.
    Again, I don't think that Betsy can be so closely connected to the UK government and be part of Krakoa's government at the same time.

Could someone kindly explain how this would work? I would appreciate it.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Betsy had Gambit and Rouge on her Excalibur team. They are definitely A list characters. These two characters often receive their own monthly comics, and frequently appear in media outside of the comics like cartoons and movies. They have both been leader of X-Men teams. They have both been mainstay members of the X-Men since the 90's. They are two of the most popular characters at Marvel, not just in the X-Men comics themselves. Their popularity isn't even just not even an opinion on my part. It's backed up by sales figures.

As far as being heavily involved in Krakoa, I have to disagree there also. The Mutant Magic story from Excalibur is being picked up on. The development that Apocalypse recieved in Excalibur is being picked up on in X-Men Red. Betsy's comics have dealt with one of the main subplots of Krakoa , which is how the mutants get along with foreign governments. The UK is one of the countries that apposes Krakoa, and Betsy has dealt with that political story even though she isn't on the QC.

I'd even argue that not being on the council has been good for Betsy. She can go on her own adventures without having her comic highjacked with to many political comics. And being on the Council didn't do jack for Nightcrawler or Shadowcat. There comics were canceled even faster than Betsy's.

Actually, I'm not even sure if it would be legal for Betsy to be on the QC. She may not be part of the actual British government, but it seems to me that there is some sort of overlap between being Captain Britain and UK. And she definitelly seems to answer to someone in otherworld. Roma or someone. I don't think that you can be a member of two different countries governments.

Again, I don't think that Betsy can be so closely connected to the UK government and be part of Krakoa's government at the same time.

Could someone kindly explain how this would work? I would appreciate it.
    Captain Britain is not a government agent though. Brian Braddock might have been at some stage when he was working for MI13, but Betsy has no affiliation to the British government and is in fact openly ostracised by it. Captain Britain's connection is more to the magic intrinsic in the British isles anyway rather than any government body.

Captain Britain is not a government agent though. Brian Braddock might have been at some stage when he was working for MI13, but Betsy has no affiliation to the British government and is in fact openly ostracised by it. Captain Britain's connection is more to the magic intrinsic in the British isles anyway rather than any government body.
    Indeed. Captain Britain's role is to protect said magic though I understand why readers compare the title to Captain America. Captain Carter in her reality is more of that government/super-soldier role.

With the British government compromised by Coven Akkaba she's more focused on being the people's Captain rather than the country's.

I do agree with a lot of what you posted though, Thievery. At first I would have liked for her to be on the Quiet Council but then I realized the summer table, the heroes, were more in the background while the focus was on the villains and questionable members. We didn't see much substantial interaction between Jean, Ororo, and Kurt despite being great friends. Colossus joined over a year ago and I think the most recent issue of Immortal is the most we've see him and Ororo talk to each other. So I don't think Betsy missed out.

When thinking about all of the Krakoan era X-Books outside of the core titles, Excalibur brought in some of the most lasting elements as it ushered in X of Swords which opened the door for the Arakkii's arrival. I'm pretty thrilled that all of that is being revisited now by, imo, the best current X-writer.

One thing I'd really like to see is Betsy spying on the Quiet Council for the British government or some S.H.I.E.L.D. agents (Psi Division?) or Avengers she might trust, not out of duty to the crown, etc., etc., but because she genuinely believes that this Krakoa theatre of the absurd is contrary to what the X-Men stand for.

But that's something Psylocke might have done before 2018-2019, and backdating to any previous characterisation is considered casus belli for the comic gatekeepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    One thing I'd really like to see is Betsy spying on the Quiet Council for the British government or some S.H.I.E.L.D. agents (Psi Division?) or Avengers she might trust, not out of duty to the crown, etc., etc., but because she genuinely believes that this Krakoa theatre of the absurd is contrary to what the X-Men stand for.
    I could definitely see her having some similar thinking to her Humphries UXF era where she wasn’t siding with Logan or Scott and doing her own thing. Krakoa is clicking down so she could want to keep her distance and observe. I would kind of love to see Betsy expanding S.T.R.I.K.E. beyond the psi-division. Bring in some other UK mutants to operate as field handlers and cover more ground. Get the telepaths to act as her own personal cerebro so they can find and rescue mutants across the pond. Maybe even send them to Braddock Academy to get that old school feel back.

Ewing grabbing all the Excalibur concepts (mutant magic, Coven Akkaba, Arakko/mage apocalypse) is so big brained of him. Betsy books highkey brought some of the strongest concepts to the line. That’s impact.

Honestly, the whole Betty/Apocalypse connection is tea. I think it might be one of my favorite partnerships of hers.
    Which is why i really wanted them to relaunch Excalibur or Captain Britain with Al Ewing as a writer.

Those story beats need space but it looks like editorial is cramming it all in one arc.

He would do so good with these high concept ideas but le sigh Marvel aint having it.

They'd rather have him write Venom and Avengers Inc.
    Last edited by CGAR; 07-05-2023 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Yeah sure they had deep interactions in Excalibur. I guess you havent been keeping up with the Gambit and Rogue threads.

All Rogue did was worry about Betsy; now thats Rachels job.

Gambit threw a card here and there and was grumpy most of the time.

Lack of deep interactions has been a major complaint across the line though in this era. Some feel the family vibe is missing and I agree in some cases. That's why I mentioned the QC because Jean and Storm barely had moments together and they're like sisters. The fact that we haven't seen Jean and Storm hanging out on Arakko at all is wild.
    I thought there was some good stuff between Betsy and Jubilee when the latter was stuck in that tree, and I loved everything about her interactions with her brother, Apocalypse, and Saturnyne. But yeah overall there hasn't been a lot of deep character interactions among the very popular X-characters.

I'd be funny if Betsy hears about the collapse of the QC and she's like "yeah I know, been spying on it and saw it coming."

I'm totally down for more S.T.R.I.K.E. action and building it out further with Betsy at the helm. Keep her booked and busy as she widens her sphere of influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Lack of deep interactions has been a major complaint across the line though in this era. Some feel the family vibe is missing and I agree in some cases. That's why I mentioned the QC because Jean and Storm barely had moments together and they're like sisters. The fact that we haven't seen Jean and Storm hanging out on Arakko at all is wild.
    I thought there was some good stuff between Betsy and Jubilee when the latter was stuck in that tree, and I loved everything about her interactions with her brother, Apocalypse, and Saturnyne. But yeah overall there hasn't been a lot of deep character interactions among the very popular X-characters.

I'd be funny if Betsy hears about the collapse of the QC and she's like "yeah I know, been spying on it and saw it coming."

I'm totally down for more S.T.R.I.K.E. action and building it out further with Betsy at the helm. Keep her booked and busy as she widens her sphere of influence.
    Would be cool to see a STRIKE vs ORCHIS mini or one-shot in FoX.

Would be cool to see a STRIKE vs ORCHIS mini or one-shot in FoX.
    An intel gathering espionage mission against Orchis would be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Al has taken content from her books and is adding his brilliant flavors to feed us.

- He announces the return of mutant magic.
    - Then surprises us with the return of the External Gate.
    - Genesis is back with the Annihilation staff, which was created by Saturnyne. Betsy was just considering contacting her in BBCB #3. Interesting timing. Precog vibes.
    - Death. Genesis “freed” him from Sevalith. Odd, considering Betsy offered to take him with her in Knights but he was content in staying. Perhaps he felt forced to leave by his mother. His allegiance is a question mark because he sure seemed to enjoy his sparring dance with Betsy and made clear he was crushing on Storm.
    - Marianna Stern of Coven Akkaba. I fell off my chair when she appeared.
    - And now Apocalypse says he needs to gather forces. After assisting Betsy in her role which birthed an army of Betsy alternates and secured a mutant running Otherworld. After bringing omega Jamie Braddock back to good standing with his family. After installing another omega in Mercator.

Chef Al is cooking.
    Intriguing indeed. I hope your hint is right. But ff Al is taking all these elements from Tini's books and does not include Betsy in the story it will be proof IMO that writers are not that interested in her in the CB role. Then I hope it's proof that Marvel needs to come up with something new and more close to her Psylocke role.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Did y’all see this Santos commission? Queen looks GOOD.
    I really like the way he draws the armor.

Did y’all see this Santos commission? Queen looks GOOD.
    I really like the way he draws the armor.

I love it so much especially their expressions. I want to see them on an adventure together, back to back battling baddies like the power twins they are.

Thank you for your answer. I really do appreciate it.

Thank you as well, Jbenito.

I thought Betsy was being ostracized by the British citizens for being a mutant and a citizen from another country, especially because that country was Krakoa. For some reason I thought that the government was part of that. But if I remember correctly, just going off the top of my head, I do believe that Betsy did meet with some member of the royal family, and not as a member of the government. But, I could be wrong and have this confused with a different comic that I read.

I've seen some fans suggest that they would like to see Betsy working as a spy as part of S.T.R.I.K.E or S.H.I.E.L.D. That's an interesting idea, but that would make her an agent from a foreign country in the eyes of Krakoa's government.

Yeah sure they had deep interactions in Excalibur. I guess you havent been keeping up with the Gambit and Rogue threads.

All Rogue did was worry about Betsy; now thats Rachels job.

Gambit threw a card here and there and was grumpy most of the time.
    I've been keeping up with the Gambit and Rouge threads, thanks.

If you are referring to the negative response that Rouge received from some readers, or the especially negative response that Gambit received from a lot of readers when they were part of Excalibur, I can point out that I was one of the readers that defended their time in Excalibur on this forum.

If you are referring to the negative response that the Rouge & Gambit miniseries is receiving I can tell you that the hate for that comic is justified. I'm a fan of both Rouge and Gambit, and this latest comic does nothing but pi$$ me off. The comic is terrible. Unless you are a diehard fan of the characters than I strongly recommend that you avoid reading it.