Page 8 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I’m thinking about it very hard….and chanting….

Hey by the way how did the idea about Betsy’s psionic emitting real light start? Is there a particular issue where this was mentioned, I remember a relatively recent one with Storm, Monet, Rachel and Asian Betsy but I’ looking for any older mention of this phenomenon as a distinctive characteristic….
    I also always think of that X-Treme issue where Beast tells her that when she uses her power she glows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Oh she looks good. Date night maybe?

I’m hoping Dazzler wins so that Betsy puts herself on the team like Iceman did when Firestar joined.

This is what our Betsy Braddock should like if they wanna give her armor IMO

3ED6BCF4-E2D6-46A4-907B-4CC6C3D71A97.jpg

So pretty. The purple/pink combo will always suit her so well.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I don't like Betsy being in a relationship with Rachel. Angel and Betsy were the best couple ever.

Remender at least gave them a good send-off.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    This is what our Betsy Braddock should like if they wanna give her armor IMO

3ED6BCF4-E2D6-46A4-907B-4CC6C3D71A97.jpg
    Dauterman never disappoints that’s for sure, still I think some tweaks are required if she’s going to be the iconic Captain Britain

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    I don't like Betsy being in a relationship with Rachel. Angel and Betsy were the best couple ever.
    Why do you feel this way? Angel always felt to me more like an “accessory” than an actual partner
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Why do you feel this way? Angel always felt to me more like an “accessory” than an actual partner
    From my point of view, I always enjoyed Warren and Betsy as a couple because it felt like they were in a position to understand each other. Both had had their bodies and lives manipulated and transformed and both felt like they had a dark side that they kept in check. Their relationship felt layered and interesting, no more so than in Uncanny X-Force.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    From my point of view, I always enjoyed Warren and Betsy as a couple because it felt like they were in a position to understand each other. Both had had their bodies and lives manipulated and transformed and both felt like they had a dark side that they kept in check. Their relationship felt layered and interesting, no more so than in Uncanny X-Force.
    This description sounds perfect for crimson dawn Asian Psylocke and 90’s archangel but so much has changed since then ….I dunno ….at least to me it felt like a once in a lifetime “astronomic alignment” but to be honest I was never a fun of the race swapping or the edgy edginess that befall both Warren & Betsy so Maybe I’m not the right person to pass judgement on this pairing.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Hard same. Warren and Betsy always felt natural to me.

This description sounds perfect for crimson dawn Asian Psylocke and 90’s archangel but so much has changed since then ….I dunno ….at least to me it felt like a once in a lifetime “astronomic alignment” but to be honest I was never a fun of the race swapping or the edgy edginess that befall both Warren & Betsy so Maybe I’m not the right person to pass judgement on this pairing.
    I also wasn't (and still am not) a fan of either of the body changes they went through. Even before the extreme! new edgy personae they seemed like a good fit though: both scions of incredible wealth, with family ties to the Hellfire club, both with powers that weren't naturally offensive so they had to be tactical in fights. I don't know, when they got together it seemed like an obvious match. I wish we'd at least see them interact now that they are both back in their original bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    I also wasn't (and still am not) a fan of either of the body changes they went through. Even before the extreme! new edgy personae they seemed like a good fit though: both scions of incredible wealth, with family ties to the Hellfire club, both with powers that weren't naturally offensive so they had to be tactical in fights. I don't know, when they got together it seemed like an obvious match. I wish we'd at least see them interact now that they are both back in their original bodies.
    And like Betsy, early Silver Age Warren was also an action junkie, who wasn't afraid to train himself in the use of firearms if it meant protecting innocents.

A match made in Heaven, whether or not it clicked with the readers and the creators. Although I miss them terribly, I wouldn't like it if the writers hurried to make them an item again; the early Nicieza issues, when the attraction was slowly building, was when the romance was at its sweetest.

One of my favourite Betsy issues is Uncanny X-Men #213, where she fends off Sabretooth and becomes an X-Man. I've just read the 'rematch' issue, Uncanny X-Men #328, for the first time, where Sabretooth takes her down pretty decisively and she's saved using the Crimson Dawn. Does Betsy get the chance to get her own back? If not, I think we're due another fight issue...
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

^She battles a hologram of his in the Danger Room at least twice, once during the Revolution era and another time during Reload, but the real deal, nope, never.

She also seemed very tense around Sabretooth in Bunn's Uncanny run, but was reluctant to create drama due to his personality being under the influence of Wanda's spell.
    Last edited by Selene; 02-03-2023 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    ^She battles a hologram of his in the Danger Room at least twice, once during the Revolution era and another time during Reload, but the real deal, nope, never.

She also seemed very tense around Sabretooth in Bunn's Uncanny run, but was reluctant to create drama due to his personality being under the influence of Wanda's spell.
    I was on the edge of my seat reading that run waiting for it to happen. For her to sense his inversion was wearing off and she'd take his head off. Alas it did not happen.

Uncanny X-Men #328 still haunts me.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I was on the edge of my seat reading that run waiting for it to happen. For her to sense his inversion was wearing off and she'd take his head off. Alas it did not happen.

Uncanny X-Men #328 still haunts me.
    We'd have also gotten Psylocke as Captain Britain, with Rachel at her side (not romantically involved though), much earlier, if they'd let Bunn go through with his plans.

This look grows on me more and more, it combines just the right touch of patriotic and snazzy.
    EHGhCb9WwAMxr_I.jpg

And yeah, UXM #328 was very solid, despite Betsy getting the shaft at the end.