Page 62 of 151 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That's essentially how I read it as well. It'll depend on which writer wants to take her on and when.

With FoX being mostly minis, things are set to change in a big way again by the end of the year so hopefully she'll be included, Rachel too!
    It sounds like a combination of BB:CB ending and Fall of X and what comes next already being locked down that prevented Betts from showing up after her book concludes. I will find it a bit weird if she and Rachel don't appear at all during "mutantkind's darkest hour" but I guess we'll have to take whatever they want to give us.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    It sounds like a combination of BB:CB ending and Fall of X and what comes next already being locked down that prevented Betts from showing up after her book concludes. I will find it a bit weird if she and Rachel don't appear at all during "mutantkind's darkest hour" but I guess we'll have to take whatever they want to give us.
    Yeah that makes sense as I'm sure they were finalizing Fall of X quite some time ago. Hopefully we're treated to at least some quick appearances.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I mean it's not any weirder than Rogue not appearing in Inferno, Wanda not appearing in Judgement Day and Jean not appearing in Sins of Sinister. We just have to accept that that's how stories seem to be written nowadays. The plot comes first. The actual characters are made to fit it even if it's ham-fisted(see anything about Moira). It has been a theme in the entire Krakoa era so far and it's my biggest pet peeve about it.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Ultimate Member

Betsy sure can rock the pink! And, apparently, the mic.
    Well back during her time dating Warren she sang st one of his restaurants..

Rebirth of the bare shoulders.

Betsy in Valentino, dahhhling!

https://theluxurycloset.com/women/va...ress-s-p452247

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Omg I love it! Great find. That just raised my love of that image to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    That BBCC was bound to fail was to be expected, but the Senior Editor having no plan B for Betsy is just baffling. Terrible handling of the character his entire era.
    That is so sad. Because if not they don't have any concrete plans for her, it means she won't be playing a big part in whatever is coming in January. I never liked the CB mantle for her, this kind of patriotic identity is so limiting and stripped away all I loved for Betsy.

She's just generic. The way Tini makes her cool is dressing her up and "dumbing down" the characters around her. Not a fan! I'm sorry to de sour but she's my favorite comic book character for so long and now she's fading away.

Guess I'll have to settle down with Kwannon for the near future.

Really a bad handling on their part on what could haved worked wonders for her and Kwannon.

At least I really like the art in her solo.

Hoping someone who loves the character has an amazing idea for her and she comes back in a role that is less divise for her fanbase.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 05-29-2023 at 03:55 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

So much for “Great Plans” for Betsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    So much for “Great Plans” for Betsy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psigal View Post
    I will keep the message of Marvel on Betsy's story in this Krakoa as simple as possible.

The thing that you think is problematic in the past like the body swap...etc, has actually made the popular Betsy today(both in asian body and british body) and the 'final product' is Disassembled Betsy before Krakoa. Without them, and to 'correct' Betsy to meet the modern 'standard' for diversity, LGBTQ, feminism or whatever idealogy, Tini's Betsy is exactly what you will receive and thats why she is doing a great job in Marvel's eyes and keep hiring her.

What Marvel and Tini have done to Betsy in this Krakoa era is to strip all elements the made Betsy succeed in the past to let her fail. And then they will give her back of what she original is so she will rise again(as Psylocke).

And for storywise, Betsy is making the mistake most western young generation is making and it will be revealed in the story. Believe it or not is up to you.
    The plan is for her to 'fail'(without the past you are no longer who you are). And they are going to 'fix' her after CB:BB. Don't trust the lies of Marvel, Betsy is the most planned and important character in this Krakoa era, wahahaha!
    Last edited by Psigal; 05-29-2023 at 11:50 PM.

Mighty Member

I hate they used the title “Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain. If you’re going to commit, commit hard. They never went and did “Carol Danvers: Captain Marvel”. No it was just Captain Marvel. When I see Captain Marvel I think superhero. It’s weird to have her name in the title because Betsy is the only current CB. Differentiating between the two (or 27 Spider-men) or the 2 Captain Americas that are both currently active and using the mantle makes sense.

There was definitely a miss here. She should have appeared across the entire line of X-books and more involved in the council. There was so much that could have been done with her and spotlighted her in the correct way. She would have gotten a solo issue with Immortal if she was on the council.

I still don’t “hear Betsy” in any of Tini’s writing. This is an improvement over Excalibur and KoX, but it’s still not landing for me. I see the mutant magic thing as a failure and they should have leaned in hard with MI:13 and espionage, because it made Brian more interesting than just being a superhero.

Hopefully something happens at the Gala that will throw her into a more leadership role during FoX

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I hate they used the title “Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain. If you’re going to commit, commit hard. They never went and did “Carol Danvers: Captain Marvel”. No it was just Captain Marvel. When I see Captain Marvel I think superhero. It’s weird to have her name in the title because Betsy is the only current CB. Differentiating between the two (or 27 Spider-men) or the 2 Captain Americas that are both currently active and using the mantle makes sense.

There was definitely a miss here. She should have appeared across the entire line of X-books and more involved in the council. There was so much that could have been done with her and spotlighted her in the correct way. She would have gotten a solo issue with Immortal if she was on the council.

I still don’t “hear Betsy” in any of Tini’s writing. This is an improvement over Excalibur and KoX, but it’s still not landing for me. I see the mutant magic thing as a failure and they should have leaned in hard with MI:13 and espionage, because it made Brian more interesting than just being a superhero.

Hopefully something happens at the Gala that will throw her into a more leadership role during FoX
    Marvel wants Betsy to fail as Captain Britain. They want to 'break' her dream so she can go back to her reality!

Do Betsy's fans still can't get one of the most important message in her story in this Krakoa era?
    Last edited by Psigal; 05-30-2023 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post

From Jordan's answer it sounds like there are no plans for her during Fall of X. There doesn't seem to be another writer in the current X-office that strongly wants to write her and if that's indeed the case that's a major hurdle to overcome. I think it's up to the fandom to keep telling the X-office that we want more of her and I have some ideas but let's see how BB:CB ends. I actually think they put her name on the title because her role as CB is meant to have a specific ending and if they keep Kwannon as Psylocke, which they probably will, Betsy may just go by her real name rather than a new codename.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

From Jordan's answer it sounds like there are no plans for her during Fall of X. There doesn't seem to be another writer in the current X-office that strongly wants to write her and if that's indeed the case that's a major hurdle to overcome. I think it's up to the fandom to keep telling the X-office that we want more of her and I have some ideas but let's see how BB:CB ends. I actually think they put her name on the title because her role as CB is meant to have a specific ending and if they keep Kwannon as Psylocke, which they probably will, Betsy may just go by her real name rather than a new codename.
    I always thought they put her name on the book because frankly Captain Britain has never been a strong seller. Neither is Betsy obviously, but I think they wanted readers and retailers to make the connection to the mutant world rather than the Captain Britain world. I don't think it ended up making much difference though.

I always thought they put her name on the book because frankly Captain Britain has never been a strong seller. Neither is Betsy obviously, but I think they wanted readers and retailers to make the connection to the mutant world rather than the Captain Britain world. I don't think it ended up making much difference though.
    Very good point. The last CB solo was when, 1986? It’s definitely been a hot minute so it makes sense to connect the book to mutantdom.

Ultimate Member

So then Marvel broke Betsy so they could fix her rather than just never break her in the first place, if she had never been CB then her reality could have been whatever they wanted it to be.