Page 37 of 151 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm anxious to hear where Betsy (and Rachel) will end up through Fall of X but I'm not terribly worried. JDW is a fan of the characters' and the Excalibur corner of things and has continuously pushed books with Betsy as the lead in recent years. I'm fairly confident she will have a place in the things to come... I just need to know what that place is ASAP LOL
    You're absolutely right and I appreciate that positive stance! And yes we need to know what's going on with Betsy without further delay. Seeing her front and center in the intro of that video clip is making me crazy.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

I fully support her being a Captain Britain, but the execution of her story being a capable superhero was very bad. What I like about her story in this Krakoan Era were the build up through the X of Swords event, being in the body of Queen Betsy as she was with Warren for a time, also her interaction with Kwannon in their side mission because I also like her. I'm one of those fans that find her relationship with Rachel very forced, though I liked her better with Cluster because of the technicality of her being a part of Fantomex. And so, I feel that the need of a new writer is very timing, imho.

I just dont think they fully committed to the Captain Britain angle and I ONLY say this because she was NOT elevated in universe and she was NEVER on promotional art for Marvel.

I'm thinking maybe there is some BTS stuff we are not aware but who knows honestly.

They just not do it right.

Especially now with them being fine Kitty is a white girl ninja with a blue uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I just dont think they fully committed to the Captain Britain angle and I ONLY say this because she was NOT elevated in universe and she was NEVER on promotional art for Marvel.
    Showing us without telling us that she is a very low priority for Marvel.

4th year in this maelstrom, and there's still people determining standards of significance for a character on the basis of trivial promo material and PR by editors, instead of actual appearances in comic book issues.

Do you need examples? Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Photon and Captain Marvel

Im not understanding what not clicking for you.

Promotion is important because not everyone reads comics or goes into comic stores.

Also she's appeared mostly in series that don't sell well.

So im not really understanding your stance.

How many variants has Kwannnlocke got in the last 3 years compared to Betsy.
    Last edited by CGAR; 04-05-2023 at 08:04 AM.

^And at the end of the day, people pay to read comics, and Betsy won't get new writers through cameos in promo vids and variants. Deadpool gets a stupendous amount of variants and promotion, largely thanks to the coming film, and is currently a shadow of what he used to be. I'd rather focus on the important things, such as the fact that Betsy was practically irrelevant to the only event she was solicited to to have a serious role in -and it's already been 2 years since that time- and that Brian is treated like a joke. So if you don't understand, that makes two of us.

And I'm dropping it here, because there's no point in recycling the same discussions and getting frustrated with each other.

Ultimate Member

I could see Marvel sending Betsy, not as CB, 2 a new book and just let the next writer have a fresh start with her, so no Rschel or Otherworld or Strike involvement. The promo art has her as CB mostly because that's who she is now, I wouldn't count that as proof that she'll still be CB wherever she ends up.

I'm willing to give them a little more time to see if Betsy has a significant role in everything coming up. As has been mentioned in a few different threads, many of the books have felt like they've been in a holding pattern due to the "detour" they decided to take from Hickman's endgame and things have felt stagnant. Example: Colossus is still being controlled by his brother. With things getting back on track as we head into Fall of X, I sincerely hope she will have more involvement than she has.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    ^And at the end of the day, people pay to read comics, and Betsy won't get new writers through cameos in promo vids and variants. Deadpool gets a stupendous amount of variants and promotion, largely thanks to the coming film, and is currently a shadow of what he used to be. I'd rather focus on the important things, such as the fact that Betsy was practically irrelevant to the only event she was solicited to to have a serious role in -and it's already been 2 years since that time- and that Brian is treated like a joke. So if you don't understand, that makes two of us.

And I'm dropping it here, because there's no point in recycling the same discussions and getting frustrated with each other.
    Real talk? They stopped caring for Betts when the body swap was reversed.
    Otherwise, they'd have done something already regarding the fact that Tini Howard is not the right writer for her.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Writers stopped caring when she became CB.

I think lots of writers would have continued with Disassembled Betsy.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Real talk? They stopped caring for Betts when the body swap was reversed.
    Otherwise, they'd have done something already regarding the fact that Tini Howard is not the right writer for her.
    I would agree that the origins of the problem have to be traced back to that abysmal Mystery in Madripoor mini, but Betsy was still Psylocke in Disassembled and she had a fair amount of exposure (for an event that was modelled after Onslaught or Secret Wars II, in that it was more oriented toward action scenes and less so toward character development).

It's Leah Williams and the writers that followed suit that ended up sabotaging the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    I would agree that the origins of the problem have to be traced back to that abysmal Mystery in Madripoor mini, but Betsy was still Psylocke in Disassembled and she had a fair amount of exposure (for an event that was modelled after Onslaught or Secret Wars II, in that it was more oriented toward action scenes and less so toward character development).

It's Leah Williams and the writers that followed suit that ended up sabotaging the character.
    True! I have to agree.
    Betsy was left in a great place and Leah created something that wasn't there to begin with.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

That’s the second time this year that an artist has made this costume look not terrible. Progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    That’s the second time this year that an artist has made this costume look not terrible. Progress.
    One of the things I dislike the most about the current costume is the short gloves, the loincloth arrow and the red line on the legs sides, I keep thinking about traffic signs and gardening chores
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”