Page 44 of 151 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kwannon View Post
    How do you not know me when you hung out in my body for 30 years, lol. In any case, everyone knows you aren’t Betsy because she would never say that. In fact, Betsy’s right here with me having ice cream on my front porch and she says you may be projecting, dear.

You mean Marvel’s butterfly effect.

Love,
    Psylocke
    “Dear Q-anon Any complaints related to your body usage you may direct to your boyfriend matsuo which was responsible for the swap”
    “Still don’t know you”
    Ktnxbye
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-13-2023 at 11:46 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

ok lets hold on here because Kwannon was in Betsy's body but people always forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    ok lets hold on here because Kwannon was in Betsy's body but people always forget that.
    Exactly, it was a body swap operated on an amnesiac Betsy fresh out of the siege
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I'm genuinely curious to get a glimpse of Kwannon and what she was doing in Betsy's body before she arrived at the mansion. Would Marvel be bold enough to do it? Probably not, but I think it'd be super interesting cause it's been a one-sided thing for so long.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    “Dear Q-anon Any complaints related to your body usage you may direct to your boyfriend matsuo which was responsible for the swap”
    “Still don’t know you”
    Ktnxbye
    I mean, I guess I could… but he’s dead. I think I’d feel kind of self-conscious yelling at a dead person, lol.

In any case, I have no complaints. And yes yes, I was put in Betsy’s body against my will, just like she was in mine. I’m scanning the above posts for who seems to have forgotten that and I don’t see anyone so I guess y’all just wanted to send out a brief reminder, I get it. Honestly though, not sure who needs another reminder that there was a body swap (“swap” implies an exchange, meaning it happened to both of us).

This is your weekly reminder: There was a body swap. Body swap. Body swap.

Body swap.

Love,
    Q-Anne-on, formerly the best Hand ninja you ever saw
    Last edited by Kwannon; 04-13-2023 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm genuinely curious to get a glimpse of Kwannon and what she was doing in Betsy's body before she arrived at the mansion. Would Marvel be bold enough to do it? Probably not, but I think it'd be super interesting cause it's been a one-sided thing for so long.
    Oh dear, I had to work out reallyyy hard in that body to get it to ninja level. And just when I got it perfect, it goes and dies on me. If marvel did that mini, every issue would just be me working out, eating kale, cursing at random Hand goons, and yelling, “Ugh, FML.”

Love,
    Kwannon

From a lovely thread being put together showcasing Betsy's telepathy on twitter: https://twitter.com/PurplehairedNi1/...10600217067525

"Smoothes Karma's pain while also absorbing the pain from Sunder that was powerful enough to completely overwhelm Karma and her psychic defenses. She also states that she can hold his pain as long as necessary"

Another fan elsewhere mentioned how Betsy decided to stay at the mansion to train in her telepathic abilities. But that Jean wasn't alive at the time and Xavier was in space so she trained herself for a time.

Losing one's eyesight and pride can be a great motivator. Betsy tried to take the Slaymaster head-on with psychoblasts, as she did Sabretooth much later, before the Onslaught saga began; I'd like to think that the need to sharpen her gifts came up both out of her interest in honing herself to perfection and out of survival.

Mighty Member

From a lovely thread being put together showcasing Betsy's telepathy on twitter: https://twitter.com/PurplehairedNi1/...10600217067525

"Smoothes Karma's pain while also absorbing the pain from Sunder that was powerful enough to completely overwhelm Karma and her psychic defenses. She also states that she can hold his pain as long as necessary"

Another fan elsewhere mentioned how Betsy decided to stay at the mansion to train in her telepathic abilities. But that Jean wasn't alive at the time and Xavier was in space so she trained herself for a time.
    Let’s look at that… Betsy took a “part” of her powers to soothe Karmawhile taking on all of Sunder’s pain and held him there for Moira. Like it was nothing. Like. It. Was. Nothing.

I’ll say it a million times. Betsy and Kwannon need a mini together. Team up on a mission that involves the HAND, Mandarin and Spiral. Show flashbacks to body swap and see how Kwannon coped and trained in Betsy’s body as Revanche.. end it with Betsy taking back the Psylocke name and Kwannon going back to Revanche or a new code name. A great writer can weave that all in in 5-6 issues.

Instead we’re getting “War College” and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Was just reading the Captain Marvel thread. With that series coming to an end what would you all think of Kelly Thompson writing Betsy Braddock.
    That would be fine by me. She’s a good writer and I like the way she wrote Betts in Mr and Mrs. X #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Let’s look at that… Betsy took a “part” of her powers to soothe Karmawhile taking on all of Sunder’s pain and held him there for Moira. Like it was nothing. Like. It. Was. Nothing.
    It’s such a shame that JDW and his beloved character assassin would rather pretend she is totally basic and useless without Kwannon’s body.

^They would also rather pretend "Psylocke" is no longer a racist caricature, all while keeping the "exotic ninja chick" theme, because she is an "original Asian character". The endless stream of nonsense this board was inundated with a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    ^They would also rather pretend "Psylocke" is no longer a racist caricature, all while keeping the "exotic ninja chick" theme, because she is an "original Asian character". The endless stream of nonsense this board was inundated with a couple of years ago.
    *Yawn*

“Get a new insult. It’s been years.” -Betsy Braddock

Love,
    Psylocke

Incredible Member

What bugs me is the sidelining of psylocke after she joined marauders. She was far more relevant in captain marvel then she has been in the x-titles. I hope she is not just wall paper in uncanny avengers

Thats a good thread. I didn't know Betsy could do any of that stuff like i know cause you read power descriptions and stuff but By the time i was reading it was more totality of physic knife and though we've seen things more recently to showcase her versatility i never really noticed how little we see in betsy's application of it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thats a good thread. I didn't know Betsy could do any of that stuff like i know cause you read power descriptions and stuff but By the time i was reading it was more totality of physic knife and though we've seen things more recently to showcase her versatility i never really noticed how little we see in betsy's application of it.
    Yeah it's great to be reminded of such moments when there's decades of stories, and that account does a great job with their posts. I'm glad we're starting to see some of Betsy's precog roots in her book with her sensing her variants in danger and even with Carter. I feel like she should be one of the most versatile in her powers seeing how she mostly trained herself.