Page 97 of 151 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2251
    Ultimate Member

Or being on different books could help them to grow apart. Though it shows sadly how unimportant Betsy is to Marvel right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Or being on different books could help them to grow apart. Though it shows sadly how unimportant Betsy is to Marvel right now.
    I think it's quite the opposite. Betsy and Rachel are now of the few characters confirmed being worked on and appearing post FoX. We can of course strongly rely on big characters like Logan, Jean, and Scott having homes but we don't know who is writing which characters or where they are appearing. Everything after December is a giant mystery but we know one thing - Steve Foxe is writing Betsy and Rachel. *cheers*
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

But is it in an ongoing or another mini and doesn't mean that everything will work out for them past that.

Yes Logan. We get it. You dont want them together.

Now lets get our detective skills going about news.

So we know the November solits will probably show the New X-Men team.

Foxe said that he can't give anymore news for a few months.

So possibly we wont find out until December? Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yes Logan. We get it. You dont want them together.

Now lets get our detective skills going about news.

So we know the November solits will probably show the New X-Men team.

Foxe said that he can't give anymore news for a few months.

So possibly we wont find out until December? Maybe?
    It seems like NYCC in mid October is the place for them to announce what's happening in January, because January solicits should be released the following week. Then in November we'll learn about New X-Men.

I'm so curious about what the line looks like after Fall of X. Whether more minis, the same amount of books, less books, etc.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It seems like NYCC in mid October is the place for them to announce what's happening in January, because January solicits should be released the following week. Then in November we'll learn about New X-Men.

I'm so curious about what the line looks like after Fall of X. Whether more minis, the same amount of books, less books, etc.
    Jonathan Hickman just mention on a recent interview on AIPT that Marvel will be announcing a number of his new books at NYCC (one of which I assume will be a new Ultimate something)... so that makes me hopeful we're going to get some juicy comics-related news out of it for once. Fingers crossed for the post-Fall of X line up being revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    From today's X-Men Monday:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/08/28/x-...xe-dark-x-men/

AIPT: Finally, it’s become something of an X-Men Monday tradition for you to tease X-projects on the distant horizon (Dark X-Men was teased in December 2022 and then again in March 2023). SO, for all the curious — and patient — Betsy Braddock and Rachel Summers fans hungry for information, what can you say about this juicy nugget from Gerry Duggan’s X page?

Steve: Gerry who? Sorry, I have no idea what this is referring to.

I kid, I kid, though Gerry did tease this PRETTY early compared to publishing plans. What I can say is that neither character appears in Dark X-Men, though I am writing both… and not in the same place. (They are NOT splitting up, so don’t start harassing me!)

I’d guess we have a few months still before I can say anything more concretely here — and a few X-surprises BEFORE then that no one’s going to guess, like my chance to finally write one of my lifetime favorites and a story involving a character I got asked about quite a bit last winter…

Well alright! "Not in the same place" is very interesting. Hoping we get some more news in the near future.

"They are NOT splitting up"

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Jonathan Hickman just mention on a recent interview on AIPT that Marvel will be announcing a number of his new books at NYCC (one of which I assume will be a new Ultimate something)... so that makes me hopeful we're going to get some juicy comics-related news out of it for once. Fingers crossed for the post-Fall of X line up being revealed!
    Very good point! I've been meaning to read that interview so thank you. I'm thinking Marvel will start releasing nuggets of information regarding the X-line's January status starting next month and drop some big announcements at the con. Then follow them up with the solicits and interviews, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Thank you.
    You're very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    So I'm gonna say it. I really don't care for the Rachel and Betsy relationship. I like both characters just not together. I think the problem is Rachel (and Magik too), I just don't see her as relationship types. This pairing seems more forced than a natural bonding.

Now this might be from my subconscious desire to see Besty with Alex.
    I don’t care for them as a couple either. It was cute at first, but it quickly became boring. As with everything from those horrid books, they’re a concept that could be interesting with a different writer, but I’m indifferent for now.

I'm don't like Betsy/Rachel either. I thought that their was a decent amount of set up for it. I think that some readers even predicted it from the start. It just didn't stick the landing, and they got boring as a couple fast. Marvel usually kills interesting new romance pairings quickly, but I don't think that Marvel will give up on Betsy/Rachel right away, seeing as all the work they put into it. But this is one of the few times that I wouldn't mind it if Marvel swept a new pairing under the rug fast.

It's kind of a shame in a way. Betsy is the leader of a Captain Britain corps that operates in multiple alternate realities. It would actually make sense for Betsy to have a partner from an alternate reality. It would fit the basic story premise of the Captain Britain corps. Maybe Rachel could be replaced with some other AU character.

Ultimate Member

I think that you have to wonder going forward how much Otherworld will affect the Xbooks. If not them the CB corps storyline will be dropped quickly enough. As for Rachel it could easily end after whatever Foxe is writing of them, as there's no minimum time for a pairing either.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I don’t care for them as a couple either. It was cute at first, but it quickly became boring. As with everything from those horrid books, they’re a concept that could be interesting with a different writer, but I’m indifferent for now.
    My dream is seeing betsy stepping back of the relationship to leave rachel free to pursue her true love, which is obviously shadowkat.

Betsy needs to be back with warren, but not before giving saturnine a one night stand to make her forget brian for good making betsy her new obsession…

Speaking of fanfics: chapter 7 of my little experiment. https://m.tapas.io/episode/2939505

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    My dream is seeing betsy stepping back of the relationship to leave rachel free to pursue her true love, which is obviously shadowkat.

Betsy needs to be back with warren, but not before giving saturnine a one night stand to make her forget brian for good making betsy her new obsession…

Speaking of fanfics: chapter 7 of my little experiment. https://m.tapas.io/episode/2939505
    I love all of our ideas. I would even go further and let Betsy and Saturnyne date for a while. But then back to Warren. They deserve to be together and make it clear that Warren loves Betsy for who she is and not only because of Kwannon's body.

Also, I love your story! Makes me wish we could have a TV show around the concept of Betsy's early days.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I love all of our ideas. I would even go further and let Betsy and Saturnyne date for a while. But then back to Warren. They deserve to be together and make it clear that Warren loves Betsy for who she is and not only because of Kwannon's body.

Also, I love your story! Makes me wish we could have a TV show around the concept of Betsy's early days.
    Well Saturnyne queerness was definitely coded in the final issues of excalibur. I said coded? The sapphic atmosphere between betsy and saturnyne was more than evident.

Thanks for the words. I having a lot of fun writing this stories. It appears being a betsy fan is so hard that we have to make our own stories up to survive the droughts.

Just thinking about Foxe writing her gets me excited. I'm so bummed we have to wait so long.

You all keep focusing on the Rachel and Betsy. Or her with Warren.

But Betsy has so many routes she can take now with all the stuff that was brought back in her world.

And I kind of like that they can both function and do their own thing.

People need their space and my head canon is that they were in their honey stage of the relationship in CB:BB.