Page 40 of 151 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    I would go for glory hunters, but bandwagon works fine as well.

And careful with the "terrible take", "wow, just wow" exclamations, people. You despise everything about pre-2018 Psylocke, we frigging get it. But don't come here and throw similar euphemisms, when the current creators undid 33+ years of character development just so they could bring a messy retcon back to the forefront and present it as a solution.
    Thats kind of the other thing that has rubbed me the wrong way about this take.

Its as if TH basically had the mind set that Betsy was having another midlife crisis and just reset her back to 80s Betsy just because thats what she wanted and disregarded ALL the growth and story beats that she had gone through.

It just doesnt jive.

But anyways I hope we get some news on whats happening with the Braddocks during FoX.

Her old body is ASIAN and it wasnt hers why would you want her to go back to that drama?

She was literally doing great in the short disassembled era she doesnt have to be asian.
    Last edited by CGAR; 04-10-2023 at 10:27 AM.

Ultimate Member

The body was supposed to be a mix of the Asian and English body. Isn't the body that Kwannon is in now the 1 that Jamie made 4 Betsy, so then it would be hers and I never saw Betsy in the Asian body as a terrible thing as long as they didn't mock it or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The body was supposed to be a mix of the Asian and English body. Isn't the body that Kwannon is in now the 1 that Jamie made 4 Betsy, so then it would be hers and I never saw Betsy in the Asian body as a terrible thing as long as they didn't mock it or something along those lines.
    They never did anything of worth other than oversexualizing her... They could have worked in racism, body dismorphya... But no...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Ultimate Member

They did some on that they just didn't focus the books that she was in on the topic, and I highly doubt that it'll happen but maybe put a post CB Betsy with Maddie on Dark...

LoganAlpha, can you try and focus here, please? They could transplant her brain into the body of the Silver Surfer, and it still wouldn't matter, because we, as fans of the character and of her journey, are denied (1) her title and competences and (2) the essence of the kind of person she morphed into though her life experiences, on some pretext that is complete hogwash.
    Last edited by Selene; 04-10-2023 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Thats kind of the other thing that has rubbed me the wrong way about this take.

Its as if TH basically had the mind set that Betsy was having another midlife crisis and just reset her back to 80s Betsy just because thats what she wanted and disregarded ALL the growth and story beats that she had gone through.

It just doesnt jive.

But anyways I hope we get some news on whats happening with the Braddocks during FoX.

Her old body is ASIAN and it wasnt hers why would you want her to go back to that drama?

She was literally doing great in the short disassembled era she doesnt have to be asian.
    Thankfully she's past that crisis vibe and has so far dominated her foes in her book and confidently led. She handled a super-soldier or as psycwave so eloquently put it, beat her ass. It's certainly not perfect but I'm glad she's showing such strength and kinda laughing at Morgan along the way.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Yall AITP is doing questions for FoX.

Inquire about Betsy if you can.

I think it would apply in the FoX section right at top.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/04/10/x-...ons-fall-of-x/

In a respectful manner.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Sent a question on Betts now

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Thankfully she's past that crisis vibe and has so far dominated her foes in her book and confidently led. She handled a super-soldier or as psycwave so eloquently put it, beat her ass. It's certainly not perfect but I'm glad she's showing such strength and kinda laughing at Morgan along the way.
    Then again some of that is to be expected given that it's her book. The rest of the Marvel U will be different. Betsy won't get her due until she sets off alone 2 a new book and writer.

Yall AITP is doing questions for FoX.

Inquire about Betsy if you can.

I think it would apply in the FoX section right at top.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/04/10/x-...ons-fall-of-x/

In a respectful manner.
    Done! Thanks so much for sharing
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Yeah thats never gonna happen because CB.

Also that would be such a lame retcon to get rid of everything post HoXPoX.

Betsy just needs a better writer and this is gonna be controversial but imo itÂ’s kind of sad that the male writers have written Betsy better than LW and TH.

I'm all for the female perspective and gaze BUT they needed to let some of old school Betsy shine through.

The biggest thing is the execution of CB was not done correctly and they should have given us more time with them as individuals post Mystery in Madripoor instead of giving us those months without them.

I am hoping that they go back to their OG Revanche and Psylocke personas.

Like I've said many times before if Elektra can have ninja skills and Kate Pryde can now also be ninja status with a blue suit then so can Betsy.

Don't forget to email the officex@marvel.com

Also I'm tired of this so called "Kwannon" fans on twitter talking about Betsy like if shes a body snatcher or she has no personality.

Im like bsih you never spoke of Kwannon before HoXpOx; you damn bandwagon fan.

All of this, especially the bold. I’m all for representation for fictional and creative talent, but the creative talent must be talented. I’m not going to support something by default, just because author and the main character are both queer women. My controversial opinion is that Betsy does not need to be limited to any particular demographic of writer.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 04-10-2023 at 07:58 PM.

I am hoping that they go back to their OG Revanche and Psylocke personas.
    “Stop trying to make Revanche happen! It’s not going to happen!” —Regina George

Sorry, just a little joke lol. But seriously, in the best case scenario, can’t they both be Psylocke? Like how Peter and Miles are both Spider-Man? Why would one have to give up the title?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    “Stop trying to make Revanche happen! It’s not going to happen!” —Regina George

Sorry, just a little joke lol. But seriously, in the best case scenario, can’t they both be Psylocke? Like how Peter and Miles are both Spider-Man? Why would one have to give up the title?
    I have thought about this as well, I’d rather have 2 psylockes than 1 psylocke and 1 revanche…..I just don’t understand why q-anon gets to keep Betsy namesake if all she cares about is being herself again
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

make Betsy and Kwannon a power couple who only fight side by side and they're collectively called "Psylocke"

Last edited by PoP; 04-11-2023 at 12:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    make Betsy and Kwannon a power couple who only fight side by side and they're collectively called "Psylocke"

I love your avatar PoP! Is it from fan art?