Page 42 of 151 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Yeah she may have died as we haven't seen her since.

But there may be other blondes we haven't seen yet. I'm also really curious about her male variants.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Her creator has spoken.

I would wholeheartedly trust Claremont to write the story where Betsy graciously sets down the CB mantle (after several parades have been thrown for her) and reclaims the Psylocke name. I agree with Grayson in that it's been lazy how the x-office hasn't addressed Kwannon continuing to wear the costume and using the codename.

That would indeed be the most logical, safe and elegant choice for a good in depth look as Betsy reclaims her mantle. He would surely be respectful to Kwannon as she chooses her new identity.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Butterfly sightings in today's Storm and the Brotherhood. Not exactly Braddock family but maybe we can call them distant, 1000 years in the future, cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I love how the butterfly psionic manifestation is ingrained into Betsy dna, her powers tk&tp
    It's literally in her DNA to manifest the butterfly signature. Thank you, Ewing.

Love Ewing's crumbles. This is the second.

Imagine Betsy chilling with a warrior culture but also having the inner circle of Storm and Sunspot.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Love Ewing's crumbles. This is the second.
    He’s itching the write the doll! They need to go ahead and let him pull up to Otherworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    My headcanon is that Betsy asks Kwannon to take the name so she can reclaim the identity everyone associates with her body, but I'd prefer they both be called Psylocke or Kwannon go by Revanche. Marvel clearly just wants to keep Hot Japanese Ninja = Psylocke for IP purposes.
    I get why they have her go by Psylocke but its so inconsistent bc within the books, characters and she herself will refer to her as Kwannon. It works for me and I wish that had stuck as her codename but I dont think Marvel had faith in that. i refuse to call her Psylocke. That is and always will be Betsy Braddock to me

I hope Al Ewing wants to write her as much as we think he wants to writer her lol

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I was hoping he'd have her pop up in xtreme but he didnt ;(
    Marvel would never allow that.

why? its stories from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    why? its stories from the past.
    That’s the logical answer, but for whatever reason I don’t think they want anyone else writing Betsy while Tini does, even if it is in flashback form and doesn’t contradict her writing at all.

Tini robbed Betsy?

I dont mad at the Cap Brit thing. in fact i liked that.

Also i think Kwannon deserve to have the Psylocke monicker. Because even if she didnt kill Kwannon or do the body swap. she lived in her body, have sex in her body and etc. and that weirdly something.
    Kwannon even "forgave" Betsy for the thing that happened between them. think of Kwannon like a "Japanese cousin"

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Tini robbed Betsy?

Also i think Kwannon deserve to have the Psylocke monicker. Because even if she didnt kill Kwannon or do the body swap. she lived in her body, have sex in her body and etc. and that weirdly something.
    Kwannon even "forgave" Betsy for the thing that happened between them. think of Kwannon like a "Japanese cousin"
    She doesnt have a real connection to the name Psylocke though so her going by that in story was always puzzling. She does have a connection to Kwannon so it feels so much more natural when she refers to herself as such. Its a bit confusing bc they treat Kwannon almost like its her first name even though I beleive Fallen Angels revealed that was a codename as well. I feel she kinda deserves an origin mini

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I get why they have her go by Psylocke but its so inconsistent bc within the books, characters and she herself will refer to her as Kwannon. It works for me and I wish that had stuck as her codename but I dont think Marvel had faith in that. i refuse to call her Psylocke. That is and always will be Betsy Braddock to me
    Yeah I only call her Kwannon as well and you're right, I believe that is only a codename.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Tini robbed Betsy?

"Deserve" is a strong word considering we still don't know much about her past as an assassin nor what she was doing while in Betsy's body.

Super hot take but I think Kwannon would make for a brilliant villain, having easily infiltrated the X-Men due to their trust in her because she looks like their friend and teammate. Marvel would never be so brave but I think there's a colossal story to tell there as so much of her is still a mystery.