Page 93 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2251
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Damn I wish we got more RB Silva Betsy ��

Curious to see how Salvador Larroca would draw her as well as Jerome Opena.
    RB Silva's Captain Britain during the X of Swords event was perfection, that Excalibur issue is so lush. He teased several months ago that he has an X-project coming up and I just can't wait to see more of his gorgeous renditions of X-characters.

Larroca's Betsy on X-Treme X-Men, in both her Asian body and in her original body in that great flashback sequence at the start of the book, was also superb. I would love to see him draw her in her Captain Britain look.

Back when Claremont was planning to bring Betsy back in her original body and reveal her as Elias Bogan's pet telepath, Salva redesigned her look - they ended up never using this design which I can't say I particularly cared for, unless Betsy was planning for a night at the local S&M club:

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    RB Silva's Captain Britain during the X of Swords event was perfection, that Excalibur issue is so lush. He teased several months ago that he has an X-project coming up and I just can't wait to see more of his gorgeous renditions of X-characters.

Larroca's Betsy on X-Treme X-Men, in both her Asian body and in her original body in that great flashback sequence at the start of the book, was also superb. I would love to see him draw her in her Captain Britain look.

Back when Claremont was planning to bring Betsy back in her original body and reveal her as Elias Bogan's pet telepath, Salva redesigned her look - they ended up never using this design which I can't say I particularly cared for, unless Betsy was planning for a night at the local S&M club:

I like the way he drew British Betsy the few times we saw it, but I never cared for that costume you posted. Very generic and very ugly.

One thing that's always confused me though is that Claremont wasn't allowed to resurrect Betsy because of Marvel's dead is dead policy at the time. Well did Claremont not know about this before he killed her off? When he killed her off, wouldn't he have let editorial know that he's doing this because he plans on reviving her in her British body, because then they would have told him that's not going to happen and surely Claremont would have thought against killing her off then?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I like the way he drew British Betsy the few times we saw it, but I never cared for that costume you posted. Very generic and very ugly.

One thing that's always confused me though is that Claremont wasn't allowed to resurrect Betsy because of Marvel's dead is dead policy at the time. Well did Claremont not know about this before he killed her off? When he killed her off, wouldn't he have let editorial know that he's doing this because he plans on reviving her in her British body, because then they would have told him that's not going to happen and surely Claremont would have thought against killing her off then?
    At the time when Claremont planned to undo it all, yes. He had the go ahead to kill her & resurrect her later on, then editorial changes sometime into his volume from Quesada started the "Dead stay dead!" era.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    At the time when Claremont planned to undo it all, yes. He had the go ahead to kill her & resurrect her later on, then editorial changes sometime into his volume from Quesada started the "Dead stay dead!" era.
    Oh ok, that's annoying that because of editorial change CC couldn't bring her back as early as he wanted to. And I'm assuming in UXM, he must have had permission to bring her back but not in her British body.

More proof that Quesada was a hack.

glad this didn't happen. he drew her exactly the same as asian psylocke so it wouldn't have meant anything. if he were going to bring the old white psylocke back there should have been more of a difference between the two bodies, like lighter hair or wavy hair.

Yeah I didn't particularly like it either but would def like to see how Larroca would depict her now. I remain salty about the whole ordeal with her blocked X-Treme return.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Understood and that makes sense as you've been taking a break. Sentiments towards Betsy's recent run are mixed here so it makes for fun conversation. We all don't agree on everything but there were some moments that got a thumbs up from a lot of us.

One was the return of Betsy's butterfly in a big way in Excalibur #25. Now she has it all the time and in the last issue of her solo we saw the return of her mini butterflies as well.

Then there was the moment that made my heart explode into a million of its own butterflies and that was the return of her psychic knife in issue #2 of her solo.

I'm not sure if this was in answer to fans wanting it back or if it was planned to return at this time all along, but it was a glorious moment. So at the moment both she and Kwannon have the butterfly and we'll see if Betsy's psychic knife will continue to be used when next we see her.
    I love those moments as well and it hurts to notice that they are only that special because we had those quintessential aspects of betsy taken away from us for so long because of Tini’s or editorial nonsense decisions to move betsy alway from those power signatures.

And for those who actually enjoy my fan series: here is chapter 6: https://m.tapas.io/episode/2934655

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    I love those moments as well and it hurts to notice that they are only that special because we had those quintessential aspects of betsy taken away from us for so long because of Tini’s or editorial nonsense decisions to move betsy alway from those power signatures.

And for those who actually enjoy my fan series: here is chapter 6: https://m.tapas.io/episode/2934655
    Tom, nooooo. Another great issue. I liked how you set the story within the established continuity of the Hellfire Club supporting the rise of Jim Jaspers. Betsy stumbling upon the club's plans for Jean was spooky. Great to see Warren and Emma too. Betsy and Tom are so hot.

Did anyone else see the Chris Hasan post? Did I miss a X-men Monday??

Incredible Member

I just saw it and I confess reading about a project was rather frustrating. i was expecting her to be incorporated in immortal or xmen red

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Tom, nooooo. Another great issue. I liked how you set the story within the established continuity of the Hellfire Club supporting the rise of Jim Jaspers. Betsy stumbling upon the club's plans for Jean was spooky. Great to see Warren and Emma too. Betsy and Tom are so hot.

It ties with the canon hellfire club involvement with steve lang sentinels program which culminated in jean’s rise as phoenix, to their posterior involvement with us government project wideawake and to to their canon support to jasper to take as prime minister. Note that back then, they were still advocating to him to take leadership of the party not the PM position.

@ChrisAHassan:
    https://twitter.com/ChrisAHassan/sta...62500819411171

"I gotchu, Betsy Braddock and Rachel Summers fans. #XMenMonday"

This is not a drill.

And it doesn't mean they won't show up in Immortal or Red or another book. In fact we may get a quick appearance that works as set up to whatever this project this.

What Duggan's juicy nugget is he talking about?

Here’s what we know. Gerry Duggan answered a fan question about Rachel, pointing to Steve Foxe. Foxe reposted Duggan’s tweet when asked about Betsy and Rachel. Then when asked about Betsy by a certain fan, we got Foxe’s interesting response.

The next X-Men Monday is an interview with Steve Foxe.

Hassan's response when thanked for his teaser post. (Sorry, I don't know how to make these smaller)

Betsy and Rachel fans on Monday morning, hopefully.