Page 1 of 151 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain Appreciation 2023

Our Purple-Haired Maven. Our Starlight Sword Bearer. Our Protector of the Omniversal Magestrix. Our Captain Betsy Braddock.

May she prosper in 2023!

CAPTAIN BRITAIN

Real Name
    Elizabeth "Betsy" Braddock

Former Aliases: Lady Mandarin / Psylocke / Death VIII

Height: 5' 11" (both bodies)

Weight: 155 lbs.

Hair color
    Naturally Purple

Eyes: Naturally blue (European body)

First appearance: Captain Britain (1st series) #8 [Marvel UK]

First US appearance: New Mutants Annual #2

Known relatives:
    Sir James Braddock (father, deceased),
    Elizabeth Braddock (mother, deceased),
    Jamie Braddock / Monarch (brother),
    Brian Braddock / Captain Britain (twin brother),
    Meggan Puceanu Braddock / Gloriana (sister-in-law),
    Margaret Braddock (niece)

Profession: Adventurer, Ambassador; Former Assassin, Charter Pilot, and Supermodel

Group affiliation: Knights of X, Captain Britain Corps, X-Men, Excalibur, Exiles, X-Force, X-Treme Sanctions Executive, Horsemen of Apocalypse, Agent of STRIKE, RCX

Powers: Telepathy and Telekinesis (also whatever perks bearing the Captain Britain suit or the Starlight Sword give her)

Can a moderater change it to 2023. Im very sorry. its 2 am I forgot to change the copy and paste.

Launching the first female solo of the Krakoan era, Betsy is charging into 2023 doing things her way. She intends to serve the people and no one else, representing mutantkind in the 616 and across the multiverse. It's up to her to deal with the current mutant-hating government of Britain and rectify the nation's relations with Krakoa. She has her girlfriend by her side, the full support of her family, and the mutant nation behind her.
    (You're too cute for the typo.)

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Preview pages we were blessed with for issue #1.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It's kinda funny Krakoa has a Captain Britain and a Captain Krakoa. It's like America having Captain America but also like Captain Egypt for some reason

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It's kinda funny Krakoa has a Captain Britain and a Captain Krakoa. It's like America having Captain America but also like Captain Egypt for some reason
    That sort-of happened when the Avengers had both Captain America and a Captain Britain on the roster at the same time. Not that the Avengers are America-specific....but it is where they are usually based, and where most of their members are from.

Happy New Year to Betsy and her fans !

(Seeing all those other looks kind of reinforces my belief that her Captain Britain armor isn't her best costume...)

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to Betsy and her fans !

(Seeing all those other looks kind of reinforces my belief that her Captain Britain armor isn't her best costume...)
    Are you really gonna do this in every thread? Ha! You know how to keep yourself busy ;-) Not sure why though, whahaha

Happy 2023 for you as well Frontier. Hope it brings you great times.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Your comment made me think of something.

A poster last year threw out Brian's name as a possibility when we were guessing who Captain Krakoa on the FCBD cover was. Now that we know the initial premise of Betsy's book, that becomes a very interesting suggestion. Britain's government doesn't want a mutant as Captain Britain and Betsy has thrown her middle finger up high at them in response. What if something drastic happens where, for example, mutants are officially exiled from Britain and deported to Krakoa? Or even locked away in prison camps like has happened before, or both. Brian would leave the country with his family (which could explain his expression on the D'Urso variant) and then what if as a big FU to Britain, Krakoa makes him Captain Krakoa? It seems like this CK is going to be on a new unity squad and what better example of unity between mutants and humans than that? The various fanbases would be up in arms and the chaos alone would be amazing. Thoughts?

Happy New Year Frontier and everyone!
    Last edited by JB; 01-01-2023 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Are you really gonna do this in every thread? Ha! You know how to keep yourself busy ;-) Not sure why though, whahaha

Happy 2023 for you as well Frontier. Hope it brings you great times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Your comment made me think of something.

A poster last year threw out Brian's name as a possibility when we were guessing who Captain Krakoa on the FCBD cover was. Now that we know the initial premise of Betsy's book, that becomes a very interesting suggestion. Britain's government doesn't want a mutant as Captain Britain and Betsy has thrown her middle finger up high at them in response. What if something drastic happens where, for example, mutants are officially exiled from Britain and deported to Krakoa? Or even locked away in prison camps like has happened before, or both. Brian would leave the country with his family (which could explain his expression on the D'Urso variant) and then what if as a big FU to Britain, Krakoa makes him Captain Krakoa? It seems like this CK is going to be on a new unity squad and what better example of unity between mutants and humans than that? The various fanbases would be up in arms and the chaos alone would be amazing. Thoughts?

Happy New Year Frontier and everyone!
    Same to you all and the rest of the board .

I'm not sure if Marvel would go that far with their fictional UK though. I mean, I know we're in a franchise not known for trusting in humans or human governments/nations but...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Same to you all and the rest of the board .

I'm not sure if Marvel would go that far with their fictional UK though. I mean, I know we're in a franchise not known for trusting in humans or human governments/nations but...
    They kind of hinted at the possibility of things becoming dire for mutants there:
    https://thumbs-us-east-1.myalbum.io/...1b409ea0af.jpg
    https://thumbs-us-east-1.myalbum.io/...c14ce65edf.jpg

This was a reality created by Jamie based on Betsy's thoughts and feelings, and she's been known to have precog abilities. But I should say the "magically-controlled government" as the ones influencing them at the moment are mutant-hating jerks.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Captain America's gone against his country before but it is kinda weird to have a Captain Britain with such divided loyalties to another country

Captain America's gone against his country before but it is kinda weird to have a Captain Britain with such divided loyalties to another country
    We'll see how it plays out. Knowing the country is being influenced by villains, Betsy won't stop until they're defeated and then we'll see where she goes from there. I'm hoping she'll then be not so tied to the role and more of a free bird. In the meantime I wanna see her slay some big magical creatures.

I don't want Betsy to be on the X-Men Vote as an option BUT I do want her to be volunteered by Scott or Jean or just put themselves on the team like Iceman and Magik did.