Page 11 of 151 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah it was like 6 pages so we're probably not getting more, just perhaps a teaser image on XMM.
    First issue is listed with 36 pages, so there’s still 30 pages worth of content left for us to enjoy
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    First issue is listed with 36 pages, so there’s still 30 pages worth of content left for us to enjoy
    Gorgeous. I can't wait to see what Betsy and everyone are up to in just over two weeks.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

As I was investigating classic Psylocke connection to the mesmer class in Gw/gw2 I was able to delve into the mithology surrounding Psiche as goddess of the soul and the fact that she is very frequently depicted in association to butterflies or with butterfly’s wings. I wish any of you guys saw a Mesmer from Guild Wars 2 in action, violet butterflies, mirages and illusion shattering everywhere…it’s quite cool and there are a couple of moves Betsy could really use for herself.

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Beautiful visuals with the purple sword and butterflies. I never heard of them so I looked them up and I like the descriptions I found:
    "Mesmers are masters of illusion and control, subverting the enemy's Energy for their own use, and that of their allies."
    "...magical duelists who wield deception as a weapon. Using powerful illusions, clones, and phantasmal magic to ensure that their enemies can’t believe their own eyes, mesmers tip the balance of every fight in their favor."

The illusions of telepathy, right up her alley. I think Betsy is such a perfect fit for games and animation especially of the fantasy genre. The glowing purple of her psi signature and weapons are really pleasing to the eye.

Beautiful visuals with the purple sword and butterflies. I never heard of them so I looked them up and I like the descriptions I found:
    "Mesmers are masters of illusion and control, subverting the enemy's Energy for their own use, and that of their allies."
    "...magical duelists who wield deception as a weapon. Using powerful illusions, clones, and phantasmal magic to ensure that their enemies can’t believe their own eyes, mesmers tip the balance of every fight in their favor."

The illusions of telepathy, right up her alley. I think Betsy is such a perfect fit for games and animation especially of the fantasy genre. The glowing purple of her psi signature and weapons are really pleasing to the eye.
    This afternoon I was reading about Morgan le fay in marvel comics as I was rewatching “the mists of Avalon” (great movie bytheway) and it occurred to me how our comics-Morgana used to have purple hair as well but only just recently switched to Black, it’s a good thing Betsy won the hair color contest otherwise it would have been a bit confusing and if Betsy ever were to turn blonde somehow I would trow a tantrum.

This afternoon I was reading about Morgan le fay in marvel comics as I was rewatching “the mists of Avalon” (great movie bytheway) and it occurred to me how our comics-Morgana used to have purple hair as well but only just recently switched to Black, it’s a good thing Betsy won the hair color contest otherwise it would have been a bit confusing and if Betsy ever were to turn blonde somehow I would trow a tantrum.

I completely forgot that miss thing used to have purple hair. For that she must die before she decides to switch back.

I wonder what made her change it to black. And yeah Betsy needs to remain purple forever.

Kinda pumped for Morgan's comeback, tbh. TH has her flaws but I always felt she wrote the antagonistic characters (Apocalypse/Saturnyne/Morgan/etc.) fairly well. Betsy needs to cut her head off like she did with Merlyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Kinda pumped for Morgan's comeback, tbh. TH has her flaws but I always felt she wrote the antagonistic characters (Apocalypse/Saturnyne/Morgan/etc.) fairly well. Betsy needs to cut her head off like she did with Merlyn.
    Agreed. Morgan is a great villain for Betsy and Howard made me really dislike her, which I love.
    Some of my favorite moments in Excalibur were the back and forth between Betsy and Sat.

It’s Friday, fan-art time!

Such beautiful finds and that Todd Nauck, oof. I love how textured he made her butterfly. Thank you for posting!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

It’s Friday, fan-art time!

I'm obsessed with those 80s look covers J. Scott Campbell drew some years ago. He's probably in my top 3 pipeline dreams of artists who I wish did a (long) run on the X-Men. Sadly, I think he makes enough money selling original art and doing conventions to bother drawing interiors anymore.

BB:CB cover artist Erica D'Urso's original art for a con in Bologna this weekend. Love that determined look on her face.

Dammit, that’s a nice piece of fan-art, I knew I should have visited my sister this week-end …. She lives in Bologna,

I wish wolverine was wearing Bets first costume, would have been hilarious

Aw that's so cool your sister lives in Bologna, what looks like a beautiful city. It would have been neat if you met Erika and scored that art piece. It's times like this I wish I could bamf.

I wish wolverine was wearing Bets first costume, would have been hilarious

I'm obsessed with this costume swap! I like the pink claws and Logan's thicc thigh bands.

Aw that's so cool your sister lives in Bologna, what looks like a beautiful city. It would have been neat if you met Erika and scored that art piece. It's times like this I wish I could bamf.

I'm obsessed with this costume swap! I like the pink claws and Logan's thicc thigh bands.
    I’m in love with the concept of Betsy playing the part of a psionic wolverine, internalizing the focus of her tp-tk, with tk enhanced speed, resistsnce and healing, psionic construct claws and telepathic hound traking-senses