Page 140 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2251

Yeah its intriguing. I think one of the solits from previous issues made shed more light. Lets research.

Spinning out from RISE OF THE POWERS OF X, discover…who are the DEAD X-MEN?!
    the upcoming series will “revisit the key moments in realities’ past that paved the way to Krakoa as a team of fallen mutants are sent through history by Professor X on a desperate mission to reverse Krakoa’s fate!”
    Explaining the new series, Foxe said: “DEAD X-MEN is one of the most complex stories I’ve worked on at Marvel, but also one of purest: a small group of mutants who have to accomplish the impossible, which is the premise that made me fall in love with the X-Men in the first place. I’ve been working closely with Kieron [GIlen] and Jordan [White] to make sure that the mission these unexpected X-Men undertake has real repercussions for the line—and the very existence of Krakoa as we know it. I’m also stoked Marvel was up for the challenge of assembling such a big art team. There’s a reason you’ll see so many talented creators credited on the book, and I can’t wait for readers to discover the secret behind DEAD X-MEN.”
    it also seems like MAYBE Im guessing here. Each key moment reality will have a different artist?
    Last edited by CGAR; 12-08-2023 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah its intriguing. I think one of the solits from previous issues made shed more light. Lets research.

it also seems like MAYBE Im guessing here. Each key moment reality will have a different artist?
    Yeah it seems like the different artists will represent different key moments or eras. Since this is connecting with Gillen's Rise, I think we have a clue in the last Immortal X-Men when Sinister tells Xavier about Dominion. The upcoming series will “revisit the key moments in realities’ past that paved the way to Krakoa as a team of fallen mutants are sent through history by Professor X on a desperate mission to reverse Krakoa’s fate!”

Charles must be sending them to change things in order to stop the Dominion. Perhaps Rachel's time travel "sight" shows him what needs to change and she's the inter-dimensional transport to get them to where they need to be.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

OMG the Disassembled suit is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    OMG the Disassembled suit is back!
    I think JDW hit us with a Fantomex style misdirect when he said in a recent XMM interview that he didn't think people were interested in seeing the Disassembled version. He knew this was coming LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    omfg did YOU SEEEEEE

Yas! No more CB!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    What's the theory?

And yeah he has said in interviews that he was writing them in separate projects:

Foxe: Yeah. So, Betsy and Rachel. I can say because Gerry already said it, I am writing both of them in upcoming projects. Not the same project but I'm not splitting them up so no one... sapphics calm down, they're fine. (Laughter)...
    And as for Rachel... Rachel is already a very key part of a different project and you're going to see both around the same time. That's about all I can say for now.

This could be alt reality Betsy that the Dead X-Men are meeting then?
    I'm starting to think that's the case. And Foxe previously mentioned he had a project where Betsy's role was expanded... but how big can it be if she's only appearing from the second to last issue? I'm convinced Foxe's Betsy project is a separate one and this Dead X-Men one is just a cameo, most likely an alternate reality one.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm starting to think that's the case. And Foxe previously mentioned he had a project where Betsy's role was expanded... but how big can it be if she's only appearing from the second to last issue? I'm convinced Foxe's Betsy project is a separate one and this Dead X-Men one is just a cameo, most likely an alternate reality one.
    Good point, I forgot this series is 4 issues instead of 5. He said he expanded her role "fivefold."

If it is an alternate reality Betsy and knowing how Foxe likes to play with continuity, it would be cool if it was...

I think JDW hit us with a Fantomex style misdirect when he said in a recent XMM interview that he didn't think people were interested in seeing the Disassembled version. He knew this was coming LOL
    I love it! I wasnt sold on it when it was originally unveiled by Dodson but the UXM artists, especially Asmrar made it work. It was too shortlived so Im glad its getting a second life. Hopefully beyond this issue/series

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I love it! I wasnt sold on it when it was originally unveiled by Dodson but the UXM artists, especially Asmrar made it work. It was too shortlived so Im glad its getting a second life. Hopefully beyond this issue/series
    Agreed, Silva's was my favorite rendition of it. I like how the shoulders jut out a little here, I don't think they did previously?

Agreed, Silva's was my favorite rendition of it. I like how the shoulders jut out a little here, I don't think they did previously?
    Nope. I admit that is the very detail that don't convince me. I liked the older shoulder shape, more sexy IMHO.
    Not to say this new rendering isn't awesome: it works! I just prefer the older shoulders, if I can choose.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Nope. I admit that is the very detail that don't convince me. I liked the older shoulder shape, more sexy IMHO.
    Not to say this new rendering isn't awesome: it works! I just prefer the older shoulders, if I can choose.
    Thanks for confirming, I wasn't sure if it had been drawn with the shoulders like that at one point. It's giving a little fashionista vibe.

Hopefully, this isn’t the end of her Captain Britain tenure.

Then again, hope is a mistake.

I think we know its not and I think we've all come up with a pretty good theory that its a Betsy Braddock from an important X-Men era.

Also I am PRETTY sure that Steve Foxe stated he would continue the CB arc but I cannot find the quote.

And realistically it would be a lot to undo because a lot of the CB Corps are her now.

If you guys could choose between those two, what would it be?

A) Disassembled suit in Captain Britain colors (red, white and blue)

B) Captain Britain suit in Psylocke colors (Purple, pink and black)

With the idea that she would still be Captain Britain in either look.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    If you guys could choose between those two, what would it be?

A) Disassembled suit in Captain Britain colors (red, white and blue)

B) Captain Britain suit in Psylocke colors (Purple, pink and black)

With the idea that she would still be Captain Britain in either look.
    It's a tough call for me because I like the sleekness of the Disassembled look but I love her in purple/pink/black. Does anyone have handy her CB costume with any of the Psylocke colors?

A fan recently did these, Disassembled recolored: