Page 2 of 151 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

What are fans hoping to see for and from Betsy this year, in the solo and beyond?

For me I'd like to see more creative use of her powers, particularly with her TK. I'd also like to see some displays of strength if her CB powers grant it.

With her supposedly rubbing elbows with the wider MU, I'd like to see her grow in reputation and prominence. That article said she's a good person for the Avengers to know so I'd like to see her holding court with them and other heroes, working with them and representing mutantkind.

Much more integration with mutantkind. If Charles turns his "multiversal" vision into action, I'd like Otherworld to be the hub where Betsy is always a mainstay presence. If for example a team is created in another book to rescue mutants across realities, they gain access through her and Rachel and Fort Krakoa can serve as a landing point for the rescued. I want her role to mean more than just words and have it shown as the reason why this vision can be accomplished. As for her solo, like Captain Marvel has Spider-Woman and Hazmat appearing regularly, I'd like to see more mutant regular supporting characters since there are so many not being used right now. Wisdom is a great start and now that she’s doing media, can we get Sofia for PR please?

And in pure greediness, I either want her on the X-Men (not part of the vote, agreeing with CGAR) while still maintaining her solo adventures. OR she leads her own team that consists of Krakoans. She can handle double/triple duty.
    Last edited by JB; 01-03-2023 at 04:22 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

1. A better costume
    2. More interaction with Kwannon
    3. Clearly defined powers
    4. Not being exclusive to Tini Howard

Not being exclusive to TH would be a dream in 2023.
    Interactions w/ Captain America and Captain Marvel because I want those artists and writers to get a chance with her
    I want her to be on the main X-Men team (Self-appointed like Magik and Iceman did last year)
    HFG outfit with her and Rachel
    Cameos in X-Men Red and Immortal so we can have her writtern by Ewing and Gillen
    An adventure with Logan
    A new uniform thats a bit sexier
    Some damn good variants
    Last edited by CGAR; 01-03-2023 at 08:51 AM.

1. New Costume
    2. Better showing of skills and powers
    3. New Hellfire Gala fit
    4. A new appearance in one of the Marvel mobile games (Future Revolution or CB skin for Marvel Super War)
    5. Not being exclusive to Tini (Cmon Torunn Gronbekk, give the doll a chance!)
    6. Leading a new team post FoX
    7. A nice collection of Pride variants in June

Yeah, I also think she needs a new costume. The current CB armor just doesn't feel very Betsy.

I remember that one suit she had after getting her body back that was pretty good but was fairly short-lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I also think she needs a new costume. The current CB armor just doesn't feel very Betsy.

I remember that one suit she had after getting her body back that was pretty good but was fairly short-lived.
    Right? Brian gets spandex and Betsy, the actual warrior gets a clunky armor... Love it.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Betsy in armor is not the problem. If done right, it'd be a fitting homage to her Outback and Lady Mandarin looks. The CB uniform is just too clunky, it doesn't feel sleek or as sophisticated as it could.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Betsy in armor is not the problem. If done right, it'd be a fitting homage to her Outback and Lady Mandarin looks. The CB uniform is just too clunky, it doesn't feel sleek or as sophisticated as it could.
    Or should. It's the 21st century. She should have something less clunky
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

I was going to try to put the Captain Britain colors on her outback uniform or mandarin armor (because I like how the boob line is visible don’t get mad at me) but without the head armor/ face mask and hoodie BUT I did not have the proper skillls ��

Ooh I would love to see the colors on her Outback look especially.

There's a full page ad for Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain at the end of Scarlet Witch #1's physical copy. How nice!

Happy New Year to the most interesting Captain Britain and all of her fans! I'm super keen for that new book in 2023!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    What are fans hoping to see for and from Betsy this year, in the solo and beyond?
    I would like Betsy to return to the main X-men teams and go back to her 90s personality. Intimidating, sexy, fearless, morally ambiguous, thrill seeker. It would be cool to have a precog moment as well. Updated 2023 version of the armor or pink costume. Forming a close bond with Kwannon. Flirtation with Cyclops and drama with Emma (and no relationship with Rachel). A girl's trip moment with Storm, Dazzler & Rogue.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

For me I'd like to see more creative use of her powers, particularly with her TK. I'd also like to see some displays of strength if her CB powers grant it.

With her supposedly rubbing elbows with the wider MU, I'd like to see her grow in reputation and prominence. That article said she's a good person for the Avengers to know so I'd like to see her holding court with them and other heroes, working with them and representing mutantkind.

Much more integration with mutantkind. If Charles turns his "multiversal" vision into action, I'd like Otherworld to be the hub where Betsy is always a mainstay presence. If for example a team is created in another book to rescue mutants across realities, they gain access through her and Rachel and Fort Krakoa can serve as a landing point for the rescued. I want her role to mean more than just words and have it shown as the reason why this vision can be accomplished. As for her solo, like Captain Marvel has Spider-Woman and Hazmat appearing regularly, I'd like to see more mutant regular supporting characters since there are so many not being used right now. Wisdom is a great start and now that she’s doing media, can we get Sofia for PR please?

And in pure greediness, I either want her on the X-Men (not part of the vote, agreeing with CGAR) while still maintaining her solo adventures. OR she leads her own team that consists of Krakoans. She can handle double/triple duty.
    All this for me. The latter especially... I would really love for Betsy to join the main X-Men team.

Also, a new writer please. No other main X-character comes to mind as being written almost exclusively by a single writer from the start of the Krakoan era - I'm really keen for other creators to get into the Otherworld/Captain Britain sandboxes, which I love, so here's hoping for some new blood after Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain inevitably concludes.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    I would like Betsy to return to the main X-men teams and go back to her 90s personality. Intimidating, sexy, fearless, morally ambiguous, thrill seeker. It would be cool to have a precog moment as well. Updated 2023 version of the armor or pink costume. Forming a close bond with Kwannon. Flirtation with Cyclops and drama with Emma (and no relationship with Rachel). A girl's trip moment with Storm, Dazzler & Rogue.
    So you want no character development since '96?? I get feeling nostalgic but this feels just regressive. She's far more than a 90`s ninja sexpot.

As for the question, I truly hope for a more deep and fuller characterization of Betsy's role as Captain Britain (in terms of Krakoa, UK, and the Otherworld ), a more nuanced dive into her relationship with Rachel and Kwannon, and her becoming a more prominent figure in the MU outside of the X-books.