Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So you want no character development since '96?? I get feeling nostalgic but this feels just regressive. She's far more than a 90`s ninja sexpot.
    I came here to respond to that comment and I see you did it for me, gracias!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Tbh it sounds like a lot of the plot issues would go away if Betsy just went by Captain Krakoa instead right? The mantles open and frankly it's more accurate

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    I would like Betsy to return to the main X-men teams and go back to her 90s personality. Intimidating, sexy, fearless, morally ambiguous, thrill seeker. It would be cool to have a precog moment as well. Updated 2023 version of the armor or pink costume. Forming a close bond with Kwannon. Flirtation with Cyclops and drama with Emma (and no relationship with Rachel). A girl's trip moment with Storm, Dazzler & Rogue.
    I like how these “bring back what I love about the character” rants always have a healthy amount of “that means when she was straight” in them.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Can't wait for the book to come out so looking forward
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Tbh it sounds like a lot of the plot issues would go away if Betsy just went by Captain Krakoa instead right? The mantles open and frankly it's more accurate
    I love her stubbornness in wanting to stick it to them for telling her she can't be CB because she's a mutant. If it were the government itself saying it then maybe she'd walk away but she knows it's being coerced by magical madmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    Can't wait for the book to come out so looking forward
    Same here. One more month and a half!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    1. A better costume
    2. More interaction with Kwannon
    3. Clearly defined powers
    4. Not being exclusive to Tini Howard
    Yes! All of this! Plus:

1. More interactions with Logan, Ororo, Alison and Kurt.
    2. Appearing in XTAS 97!
    3. Drawn more by Dautermann
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I love her stubbornness in wanting to stick it to them for telling her she can't be CB because she's a mutant. If it were the government itself saying it then maybe she'd walk away but she knows it's being coerced by magical madmen.

Same here. One more month and a half!
    Obviously there's magic bullshit involved but "someone who doesn't live in Britain shouldn't be Captain Britain" makes sense

Obviously there's magic bullshit involved but "someone who doesn't live in Britain shouldn't be Captain Britain" makes sense
    But she does live in Britain. LOL! She lived in the Lighthouse and she'll be living at Braddock Manor at the start of the series. She technically hasn't lived on Krakoa yet, or rather just for a brief time before they rebuilt the Lighthouse. Their stated issue is that she's also a citizen of the mutant nation and can't be trusted.
    Sidenote: Brian lived in Otherworld for a time as its king and thankfully he didn't change his name to Captain Otherworld.

...he literally has done exactly that

...he literally has done exactly that
    Now you're just being funny but it's cute. I do hope though that Brian has an active role in what's happening in Britain rather than only being Arthur's head knight. I get the feeling the powers that be are going to try to pit him against his sister but I don't see him budging in his support. Jamie though...

So I'm curious about what the Betsy fans think about something. Would you all like to see Betsy back on a wet work team like X-Force? She had a major role in Remender's run and honestly I loved everything about that role for her. To be fair I loved that entire run and every character involved so I'm biased. Would any Betsy fan's like to see her get into so morally gray area again or is that best left in the past?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    So I'm curious about what the Betsy fans think about something. Would you all like to see Betsy back on a wet work team like X-Force? She had a major role in Remender's run and honestly I loved everything about that role for her. To be fair I loved that entire run and every character involved so I'm biased. Would any Betsy fan's like to see her get into so morally gray area again or is that best left in the past?
    I loved her in that role and I think it was a natural progression of her character as per Claremont's original take - someone willing to take the hard decisions, not afraid to get her hands dirty, clever and morally ambiguous. The Elizabeth Braddock who was ready to kill Alex Summers at the start of the Mutant Massacre and who coerced her friends to go through the Siege Perilous and the Elizabeth Braddock who was part of a kill squad but was also willing to go against her teammates to protect Evan Sabahnur = I see the same character, in different contexts and certainly looking much different, but in a way that's still very much consistent with who she is.

I wouldn’t necessarily be opposed to it because I loved that for her, but not for a good long while. Like Uncanny, I view her as the same person with her executing Merlyn in front of Roma and Saturnyne. I like how her story is moving her from her past - Morgan Le Fey calling her a sinister thief that lives in the shadows, opposite of her brother, and Doom saying her being CB is just her trying to make up for being a cold killer. But her being defiant and saying “nah, I’ll publicly address the people and live out in the open light once again." She’ll still shank a bitch though.

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

I miss Betsy's time at the hands of good writers such as Remender. The poignant ending of the Dark Angel Saga where they had twins with Warren in simulation was so touching and at the same time, heartbreaking. Instead of Howard whose story is forced IMHO and the relationship with Rachel is very fanfic material and inorganic.
    Last edited by mattsarchamp; 01-09-2023 at 06:04 AM.

A happy belated New Year to all! Got to fulfill one of my New Year's resolutions by catching COVID for the first time two days ago.
    I would like that, but in a more low-key fashion; as in if she served a regular X-Men squad full-time and she agreed to help out a black ops team from time to time and on specific terms, but not in the open. Akin to the Schism era, when she was officially on Cyclops' side, but continued serving Wolverine's X-Force, then later on, when she was co-starring in Adjectiveless and in Spurrier's X-Force.