Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post
    Since ‘The Long Halloween’ took place in the early days of Batman’s career, could they posit that the other Tomorrowverse films take place years later, thus making Barbara closer to Batgirl-appropriate age?
    Yeah, the Tomorrowverse jumps around a lot timeline wise so it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post
    Since ‘The Long Halloween’ took place in the early days of Batman’s career, could they posit that the other Tomorrowverse films take place years later, thus making Barbara closer to Batgirl-appropriate age?
    I mean they already have supergirl in the legion of superheroes movie and we already have the JL form in beware my power. So it's possible the next Batman movie might be a time skip given we see Batman and Superman talk to each other

I'm curious what she would do given how they focused so much Damian was focused on. I mean maybe her brother. After all this is his first animated appearances. Unless he was there to be there

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Ron Salas Sketch.

Batgirl.jpg

Did anyone else know about the YA with Babs as Oracle? I thought she had one has Oracle

4C9CB79F-74BD-4A0D-9831-C0854220D006.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Did anyone else know about the YA with Babs as Oracle? I thought she had one has Oracle

4C9CB79F-74BD-4A0D-9831-C0854220D006.jpg
    Yeah, I read it. I thought it was okay.

Is it just me? I feel like at times Babs has been more sidelined than most of her other bat members. Like her appearances in animation is more of look there she is than it's been in a while. I'm nit saying she doesn't show up or play a role. It just feels like the number of times she appears it feels less and less.

Astonishing Member

Is it just me? I feel like at times Babs has been more sidelined than most of her other bat members. Like her appearances in animation is more of look there she is than it's been in a while. I'm nit saying she doesn't show up or play a role. It just feels like the number of times she appears it feels less and less.
    I don't think Barbara is especially relegated. I mean, the other Batfamily characters with more prominence will be Dick and Damian. And Dick's relevance in animation is often related to Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't think Barbara is especially relegated. I mean, the other Batfamily characters with more prominence will be Dick and Damian. And Dick's relevance in animation is often related to Titans.
    I kind of feel that's also for elsewhere comics because all of her elsewhere stories that we know of has her with batfam. And the ones where she is on her own no one really talks about.

Sure we can say the same for dick but he has at least one where there aren't the titans. New order. So it's weird they haven't given her something.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-31-2023 at 08:16 AM.

I feel like she has it better than most of the family, but that might be me.

How does she have it better ?

How does she have it better ?
    Her as Batgirl is more likely to be adapted than anyone not named Nightwing or Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Her as Batgirl is more likely to be adapted than anyone not named Nightwing or Robin.
    True but her roles have felt less and less unlikely Dick and Damian.

True but her roles have felt less and less unlikely Dick and Damian.
    She was pretty significant in DC Super Hero Girls and Batman vs TMNT at least.

Okay, so I know they've been playing the long game since the Bruce Timm days

But is Alysia(and DC by proxy) insinuating that Barbara isn't straight?

At least it seems to insinuate that Alysia here knows or at least senses that Barbara isn't straight, and her saying if she wanted to talk to her about anything and is good at coming out stories.
    It definitely seems like it. I know for some characters they drop hints before revealing stuff about characters at times, but this seems to be about as on the nose as you can get. At least I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Okay, so I know they've been playing the long game since the Bruce Timm days

But is Alysia(and DC by proxy) insinuating that Barbara isn't straight?

At least it seems to insinuate that Alysia here knows or at least senses that Barbara isn't straight, and her saying if she wanted to talk to her about anything and is good at coming out stories.
    It definitely seems like it. I know for some characters they drop hints before revealing stuff about characters at times, but this seems to be about as on the nose as you can get. At least I think so.
    I think the implication is that she thinks Batgirl is Barbara?