Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34748081828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1292

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I wanna see Tony build the new armor already.

Come on you've been building this up for several issues, show us the Mysterium armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yes. Yes, indeed. "Chekhov's Gun" is one thing. This sounds like a case of "Chekhov's Armor."
    Agreed! Let’s be done with it now! It’s time for Tony to present it.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 12-08-2023 at 02:16 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    idk i feel like once he built that armor no other armor should top it the way they are building it up
    Oh definitely, like the hard-light armor at the end of the Slott run.

Still I wanna see the new look. We usually get some good visuals out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    That's how it goes when a character has been gone for long time, they get distilled down to their (perceived) essence.

So, magic space rings it is!

Pretty clear it would going this way with how much Tony has been yammering about them corrupting RiRi.
    Yeah, some depictions seemed to want to depict them as magic rocks, and not tech :/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Anyone that’s a fan of Tony’s should pick up and read the story in Marvel Voices: The Avengers #1 called Stark Reminder. It is a really good story about Tony’s addiction and him reaching out to someone else who’s in the same boat. Great stuff. It also got big points from me just by bringing in Henry Hellrung who is a character I’ve loved since his inception and wish they would bring him around more often.
    Yeah, seeing Henry Hellrung again was a very pleasant surprise.

How The Mandarin's fight with Punisher should have ended:

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yeah, seeing Henry Hellrung again was a very pleasant surprise.
    Henry shows up? Ain’t I have to check that out. I just reread The Order, still holds up so well today.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

This is the sort of thing you would never see from Chip Zdarsky. I hate that Zdarsky is allowed to write Stark so often.
    hopefully Mr. Stark is supportive of social equity and resists the anti-DEI antagonism rife in today's USA.

The Illuminati doing Dragon's Den?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Henry shows up? Ain’t I have to check that out. I just reread The Order, still holds up so well today.
    I recently reread The Order and you are correct. It definitely still holds up. Just brilliant stuff by Fraction.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Rumour: Tony is officially joining the X-Men, leading his own team! Iron Man and the X-Men by Dan Slott.
    https://boards.4channel.org/co/thread/141129941
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Rumour: Tony is officially joining the X-Men, leading his own team! Iron Man and the X-Men by Dan Slott.
    Hell F@#king Yeah!!!!!! Sign me up!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Hell F@#king Yeah!!!!!! Sign me up!
    Interesting if that turns out to be accurate, though I would definitely not be averse to more nonmutant heroes showing solidarity with the X-Men, or mutants in general, given how the current situation with Orchis once again exposes the hard reality that it wouldn't take all that much, just one bad day, one catastrophic incident involving superheroes or superhumans, to turn the general public against anyone and everyone with powers, regardless of where those powers come from. Hell, Days of Future Past was the first to show Sentinels targeting nonmutant superheroes, as the cold logic of their A.I. wouldn't see a meaningful difference between mutants and other superhumans, and Civil War roughly 25 years later showed that without a vast mutant population on which to focus the public's ire and fear, their (and the government's) attention would turn to regulating and controlling the superhero community at large after that "one catastrophic incident," as I said before.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Interesting if that turns out to be accurate, though I would definitely not be averse to more nonmutant heroes showing solidarity with the X-Men, or mutants in general, given how the current situation with Orchis once again exposes the hard reality that it wouldn't take all that much, just one bad day, one catastrophic incident involving superheroes or superhumans, to turn the general public against anyone and everyone with powers, regardless of where those powers come from. Hell, Days of Future Past was the first to show Sentinels targeting nonmutant superheroes, as the cold logic of their A.I. wouldn't see a meaningful difference between mutants and other superhumans, and Civil War roughly 25 years later showed that without a vast mutant population on which to focus the public's ire and fear, their (and the government's) attention would turn to regulating and controlling the superhero community at large after that "one catastrophic incident," as I said before.
    I still don't get why in modern Marvel it's written with X-Men seemingly being the only ones to care about Sentinels.

The other heroes think the Sentinels only target mutants. They don't seem to know about Days of Future Past where they'd destroyed the Avengers and Fantastic Four (only Franklin was left of the FF, while the Avengers were wiped out, all we ever see of them in that story is gravestones).