Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1292
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I still don't get why in modern Marvel it's written with X-Men seemingly being the only ones to care about Sentinels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The other heroes think the Sentinels only target mutants. They don't seem to know about Days of Future Past where they'd destroyed the Avengers and Fantastic Four (only Franklin was left of the FF, while the Avengers were wiped out, all we ever see of them in that story is gravestones).
    Which, thanks to Orchis, is no longer the case. Tony found out earlier in Duggan's run by hacking into one of Feilong's Stark Sentinels that the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, and other nonmutant heroes were also on Orchis's list of targets for elimination. Hell, Uncanny Spider-Man #4 had a Stark Sentinel give a (presumably deliberate) false signal implicating the original Spider-Man as a mutant to turn the public against him when he spoke out against an impending lynch mob for a regular pizza delivery driver who was leaving something as a tribute for the X-Men's Treehouse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Sounds like Days of Future Past is actually going to happen on Earth 616
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    Sounds like Days of Future Past is actually going to happen on Earth 616
    Yes, it definitely sounds like that, especially since Orchis's true leadership's endgame is to clear the way for machine intelligences that hold all organic life in contempt, human and mutant alike, to achieve Dominion status, which would entail the assimilation of the entire planet into the Phalanx.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I do. And I liked it. Probably the best modernized revamp of Iron Man's rogues' gallery thus far. Was looking forward to a Season 3 that might have revolved around forming the Avengers, since most of the heroic guest characters that showed up would have been just about perfect for an Avengers team. Also, pretty solid characterization of Tony himself, even as a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Oh, I love this guys' videos (and this show) .

My only disappointment was they off-screened a lot of Iron Man villains with the Gene/Howard stuff and Tony needing to get saved a wee too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh, I love this guys' videos (and this show) .

My only disappointment was they off-screened a lot of Iron Man villains with the Gene/Howard stuff and Tony needing to get saved a wee too many times.
    Yeah, I can understand that, especially the latter part.

Rumiko died and was never mentioned again. There were no scenes of Stark mourning her past the issue in which she died. She has never even been mentioned, or even popped up in a thought-bubble since then. So in my fan-fic, the Mandarin resurrects her and gives her the means to avenge the fact that Stark didn't save her or even mourn her or even think about her one time. He remembers a shawarma place he glimpsed once longer than he remembered Rumiko.

It's likely the reason for this is that writers just weren't interested in telling stories about Stark mourning her, but in-story it makes Stark look horrible, like some kind of sociopath. And it hurts all of us Rumiko-shippers.

So in my alternate universe, Mandarin resurrects her, and she gets her revenge on Stark for failing to save her, and especially for not even thinking about her once after her death. He never even lit a candle at her grave for her on her birthday, so she lights him up.

Last edited by MichaelC; 12-19-2023 at 10:33 PM.

That's pretty dark!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's pretty dark!
    I like it though

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Rumiko died and was never mentioned again. There were no scenes of Stark mourning her past the issue in which she died. She has never even been mentioned, or even popped up in a thought-bubble since then. So in my fan-fic, the Mandarin resurrects her and gives her the means to avenge the fact that Stark didn't save her or even mourn her or even think about her one time. He remembers a shawarma place he glimpsed once longer than he remembered Rumiko.

It's likely the reason for this is that writers just weren't interested in telling stories about Stark mourning her, but in-story it makes Stark look horrible, like some kind of sociopath. And it hurts all of us Rumiko-shippers.

So in my alternate universe, Mandarin resurrects her, and she gets her revenge on Stark for failing to save her, and especially for not even thinking about her once after her death. He never even lit a candle at her grave for her on her birthday, so she lights him up.

That is a very interesting storyline to say the least. Although I never cared for Rumiko.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Some Iron Man POPS my brother bought me for Christmas. IMG_4334.jpg
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

More Iron Man POPS. IMG_4333.jpg

Last Iron Man POP. First appearance. IMG_4332.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yes, it definitely sounds like that, especially since Orchis's true leadership's endgame is to clear the way for machine intelligences that hold all organic life in contempt, human and mutant alike, to achieve Dominion status, which would entail the assimilation of the entire planet into the Phalanx.
    Wait, I'm confused... If Dominion status means the ultimate evolution of machines and artificial intelligence what was the actual goal of the Sinster clones?