Page 83 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1292
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    I know Cantwell’s run was controversial but I really enjoyed it and how it has seemed to bring back Tony’s more nuanced personality instead of being a pale imitation of RDJ, its seemed to continue in Duggan’s run and editorial finally seems comfortable having Tony not have the same features as MCU Tony’s design such as hair style, facial hair, etc.
    Cosigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ha! This would be a fun pairing .
    Funny enough, Circuit Breaker did debut in the Transformers comics originally published by Marvel, so there would be precedent for setting her up with Tony. Given her rabid hatred of robots after the encounter with the Decepticons that left her paralyzed, I could see her going after Iron Man back in the days when everyone thought Iron Man was just Tony's high-tech bodyguard.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I remember it getting some flack for its portrayal of Patsy and making Tony wrong a lot, but I think by the end most had come around to enjoying it. It’s probably one of my favorite solo character runs in recent years, even if this Hellcat fan was not a fan of that pairing either.
    Pretty much, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I remember it getting some flack for its portrayal of Patsy and making Tony wrong a lot, but I think by the end most had come around to enjoying it. It’s probably one of my favorite solo character runs in recent years, even if this Hellcat fan was not a fan of that pairing either.
    I feel like Patsy's "check your privilege" rants went a little too far sometimes. It also made their romance somewhat harder to swallow when it kind of suddenly just happened.

Anyone that’s a fan of Tony’s should pick up and read the story in Marvel Voices: The Avengers #1 called Stark Reminder. It is a really good story about Tony’s addiction and him reaching out to someone else who’s in the same boat. Great stuff. It also got big points from me just by bringing in Henry Hellrung who is a character I’ve loved since his inception and wish they would bring him around more often.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 12-06-2023 at 11:33 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I feel like Patsy's "check your privilege" rants went a little too far sometimes.
    Me too. I felt the same way. Although I really loved the series and felt like it was such an amazing dive into Tony's pyschology. From his childhood to dealing with his addictions. I just think some people didn't get or understand how in depth the series was. I hope people realize how great a run it is eventually.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 12-07-2023 at 03:02 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The Makluan stuff made me want to vomit. The original rings were just circuitry the Mandarin yoinked out of a spaceship and modified heavily. Moreover, the current rings ARE NOT THE ORIGINALS. The Mandarin replaced them over the years, some because they became obsolete compared to newer rings HE INVENTED, and others because they were DESTROYED IN BATTLE. There is absolutely no reason why they would have Makulan souls in them. That's dumb as hell. It literally makes no more sense than saying that Doctor Octopus' tentacles have Makluan souls in them.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The Makluan stuff made me want to vomit. The original rings were just circuitry the Mandarin yoinked out of a spaceship and modified heavily. Moreover, the current rings ARE NOT THE ORIGINALS. The Mandarin replaced them over the years, some because they became obsolete compared to newer rings HE INVENTED, and others because they were DESTROYED IN BATTLE. There is absolutely no reason why they would have Makulan souls in them. That's dumb as hell. It literally makes no more sense than saying that Doctor Octopus' tentacles have Makluan souls in them.
    That's how it goes when a character has been gone for long time, they get distilled down to their (perceived) essence.

So, magic space rings it is!

Pretty clear it would going this way with how much Tony has been yammering about them corrupting RiRi.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Yeah I’m right there with. I didn’t care for the souls part. Was hoping Duggan was going in another direction.

I feel like Patsy's "check your privilege" rants went a little too far sometimes. It also made their romance somewhat harder to swallow when it kind of suddenly just happened.
    Yup. For characters that really should get along (both privileged socialites trying to make up for selfish pasts who have terrible choices in romantic partners and like to have fun) they instead made Patsy the vehicle for Tony to re-examine himself. It was too heavy handed initially, too the point where I struggled to see if she really liked him. And a lot of it doesn't work with Patsy cause she's similar to him in a lot of ways. Still I appreciated what he did with Hellcat overall, expanding her powers and tying her back to the mystical side of things I think works for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Yeah I’m right there with. I didn’t care for the souls part. Was hoping Duggan was going in another direction.
    It's like they don't get that Tem Borjigin/The Mandarin was supposed be an evil Tony Stark, not an evil Juggernaut or Silver Surfer. The Mandarin was a genius at reverse engineering technology, and expressed that genius via gadgets rather than power-armor. He had a castle full of high-tech booby-traps, robots, and ten ring-shaped gadgets, the first set of which he made via heavily modifying some circuitry from a warp-drive. I mean there is literally a picture of him dismantling the circuitry and modifying it in his origin. Key word here, gadgets, GADGETS, because he was a gadgeteer villain, not one of those "I'm a derp, but I found an all-powerful-item" guys like Juggernaut. And being an evil Tony Stark, he didn't settle for the originals, but started throwing away old rings and replacing them with newly invented, INVENTED, rings as early as the wedding of Reed Richards and Sue Storm.

What on earth makes them think that Tony Stark's evil mirror was a Juggernaut type? You'd think they would at least pause before running with something so nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Anyone that’s a fan of Tony’s should pick up and read the story in Marvel Voices: The Avengers #1 called Stark Reminder. It is a really good story about Tony’s addiction and him reaching out to someone else who’s in the same boat. Great stuff. It also got big points from me just by bringing in Henry Hellrung who is a character I’ve loved since his inception and wish they would bring him around more often.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I'll go back and check that out.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I wanna see Tony build the new armor already.

Come on you've been building this up for several issues, show us the Mysterium armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Come on you've been building this up for several issues, show us the Mysterium armor.
    Yes. Yes, indeed. "Chekhov's Gun" is one thing. This sounds like a case of "Chekhov's Armor."

Yup. For characters that really should get along (both privileged socialites trying to make up for selfish pasts who have terrible choices in romantic partners and like to have fun) they instead made Patsy the vehicle for Tony to re-examine himself. It was too heavy handed initially, too the point where I struggled to see if she really liked him. And a lot of it doesn't work with Patsy cause she's similar to him in a lot of ways. Still I appreciated what he did with Hellcat overall, expanding her powers and tying her back to the mystical side of things I think works for her.
    Also Patsy is pretty easygoing, chill, and nice but Cantwell sure liked writing her irritable and bitter .

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

idk i feel like once he built that armor no other armor should top it the way they are building it up
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy