Page 55 of 87 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Lots of good stuff on the Stark side in Ultimate Invasion 2, but not in the way u thiiiiink
    What happened?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Lots of good stuff on the Stark side in Ultimate Invasion 2, but not in the way u thiiiiink
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    What happened?
    spoilers:
    Howard Stark is Iron Man and Obadiah Stane is War Machine. Stane dies, though. Shame, since he and Howard were pretty much mirroring Rhodey and Tony in most continuities.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I see what you did there.

spoilers:
    Howard Stark is Iron Man and Obadiah Stane is War Machine. Stane dies, though. Shame, since he and Howard were pretty much mirroring Rhodey and Tony in most continuities.
    end of spoilers
    Seems like it was building off the MCU a little.

Hey can anyone tell me what happened to the extrembiote armor in the Carnage Reigns? Did Tony collect it?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member

The thing that makes no sense to me...After Stane and the Armor Wars...wouldn't Tony realize he should have had his tech secured and the rights not tied to the company?
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    The thing that makes no sense to me...After Stane and the Armor Wars...wouldn't Tony realize he should have had his tech secured and the rights not tied to the company?
    Yes and he would have more than one contingency plan in place.

Hey can anyone tell me what happened to the extrembiote armor in the Carnage Reigns? Did Tony collect it?
    I think it was destroyed, or so it would appear, though as Kasady's consciousness was bonded to and controlling it, there was of course the hint that even after getting thoroughly worked over by Tony in the Dragonslayer Armor, Kasady wasn't all the way dead, which would mean the Extrembiote wasn't completely destroyed, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yes and he would have more than one contingency plan in place.
    Points. Granted, shouldn't there be a way for Tony to prove that Feilong is a murderer who killed an innocent human, thus seriously contradicting his whole "defender of humanity" B.S., to eliminate the failsafe keeping Stark Unlimited from falling into his hands in the first place?

Feilong isn't stupid. He's made any evidence into a Cassandra Truth. Nobody would believe Tony even if he presented such proof!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

My point is Tony would have had more contingency plans than the one he had. The one he had would have just been a stop gap to another one. Tony always has plans upon plans. I really didn’t like how Duggan made it look like Tony would just place it all on the one guy that was killed. By putting all his eggs in one basket if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Feilong isn't stupid. He's made any evidence into a Cassandra Truth. Nobody would believe Tony even if he presented such proof!
    As in the prophetess cursed by the gods to never be believed, then blamed when her prophecies of doom came true? Yeah, sadly, you might be right there, given how successfully Feilong and Orchis have poisoned the well of public sentiment against mutants.

My point is Tony would have had more contingency plans than the one he had. The one he had would have just been a stop gap to another one. Tony always has plans upon plans. I really didn’t like how Duggan made it look like Tony would just place it all on the one guy that was killed. By putting all his eggs in one basket if you will.
    True enough, yeah.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Did anyone read I am Iron Man # 5? Had a pretty big crazy retcon that I found very interesting but fitting given the past several years with Tony..

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Did anyone read I am Iron Man # 5? Had a pretty big crazy retcon that I found very interesting but fitting given the past several years with Tony..
    Would you mind posting spoilers? I’m not going to be able to read it for a while.

Yeah, Stark comes across as a straight-up savage in that one, a real Man of Iron. No wonder he fights an heir of Genghis Khan routinely.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Would you mind posting spoilers? I’m not going to be able to read it for a while.
    spoilers:
    Tony apparently dies in battle fairly often and has a system for making clones to make himself back. What happens is that the clones fight each other with the winner being the "real" Tony Stark. Tony tracks them by investigating events that he doesn't remember. I also feel like the comic was implying the clones were imprisoned somewhere as the setting of the comic was the Cube Prison and the prisoners respected Iron Man for making the prison more humane. At the end of the story the Tony we were following dies saying there's still something he doesn't remember implying there's still another clone out there.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Tony apparently dies in battle fairly often and has a system for making clones to make himself back. What happens is that the clones fight each other with the winner being the "real" Tony Stark. Tony tracks them by investigating events that he doesn't remember. I also feel like the comic was implying the clones were imprisoned somewhere as the setting of the comic was the Cube Prison and the prisoners respected Iron Man for making the prison more humane. At the end of the story the Tony we were following dies saying there's still something he doesn't remember implying there's still another clone out there.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks a lot! It’s greatly appreciated.