Page 13 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh yeah, he's her AA sponsor. She would probably want to have some words with him about this.
    Yep. That’s why Tony called her in Slott’s run as he had slipped up and drank. Virtually.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-03-2023 at 02:36 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Yeah. That’s one of the plethora of reasons I dropped Aaron’s Avengers. I am so looking forward to Mackey and Villa’s Avengers it’s not even funny.
    MacKay’s Tony was pretty fun in his Black Cat, so I’m not really worried it’s gonna be bad for us.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    MacKay’s Tony was pretty fun in his Black Cat, so I’m not really worried it’s gonna be bad for us.
    Yeah. I liked his Black Cat appearances and Iron Cat was a really fun mini series. So like you said he’s got a good feel for Tony.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Hello Iron Man thread! I had a question for you guys. After the Civil War 2 event Tony went into a coma, but then I heard he came back as a clone or something and the real Tony Stark died? Is this still true in today's comic? Is this a clone of Tony or is the real Tony back? I'm confused and not sure where to read this follow up story.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Hello Iron Man thread! I had a question for you guys. After the Civil War 2 event Tony went into a coma, but then I heard he came back as a clone or something and the real Tony Stark died? Is this still true in today's comic? Is this a clone of Tony or is the real Tony back? I'm confused and not sure where to read this follow up story.
    There was a lot of hullaballo about whether Tony was an AI clone or the real Tony after he came back. Basically I think his body got remolded but it was completely the same mind and soul.

There was a lot of hullaballo about whether Tony was an AI clone or the real Tony after he came back. Basically I think his body got remolded but it was completely the same mind and soul.
    I see. That's not confusing at all but this is comics lol. Thanks for the explanation. So that doesn't make Carol his murderer...right?

It's complicated because he was also established as having been experimenting on his genetics for years, to the point that he was effectively a new person.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It's complicated because he was also established as having been experimenting on his genetics for years, to the point that he was effectively a new person.
    Yikes! So this sounds like a real complicated mess. I know for a time he was a AI and even piloted the Iron Man suit. Wasn't that the case during Secret Empire? When did he get his body back and what happened to his coma body? Is it the same body?

I see. That's not confusing at all but this is comics lol. Thanks for the explanation. So that doesn't make Carol his murderer...right?
    They really tried hard to justify what Carol did to make her look less bad to varying degrees of effectiveness .

They really tried hard to justify what Carol did to make her look less bad to varying degrees of effectiveness .
    Oh, then it's one of those situations. That must be weird, they are both in the Avengers team. But that's true for all hero vs hero situations.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Oh, then it's one of those situations. That must be weird, they are both in the Avengers team. But that's true for all hero vs hero situations.
    Doesn't help that Jason Aaron in his Avengers run wrote Carol as completely unapologetic for nearly killing Tony, and is excessively confrontational with him to the point of beating him up for any perceived insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Doesn't help that Jason Aaron in his Avengers run wrote Carol as completely unapologetic for nearly killing Tony, and is excessively confrontational with him to the point of beating him up for any perceived insults.
    Ouch! I imagine that was not a good look for her during that period. Especially since she put him in the coma. Civil War 2 in general was such a bleh event.

Ouch! I imagine that was not a good look for her during that period. Especially since she put him in the coma. Civil War 2 in general was such a bleh event.
    It's almost universally panned now but it's weird to look back on what the forum was like back then and people discussing it in real time as it devolved and people trying to defend their faves or the mess that was the plot.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Its a common issue for Carol sadly. Like it also happened in the Avengers Assemble cartoon, Carol frequently suffers from Girlboss writing where writers take her surly traits too far and write her as a raging violent jackass cause they view it as "empowering".

It's almost universally panned now but it's weird to look back on what the forum was like back then and people discussing it in real time as it devolved and people trying to defend their faves or the mess that was the plot.
    I've been in situations like that. I wasn't a member on here at the time but during the Avengers vs X-Men event I was firmly on the X-Men side regardless how "villainous" they tried to make Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its a common issue for Carol sadly. Like it also happened in the Avengers Assemble cartoon, Carol frequently suffers from Girlboss writing where writers take her surly traits too far and write her as a raging violent jackass cause they view it as "empowering".
    That sucks. So how is Tony's relationship with Carol presently? Are they friends again?