Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Ouch! I imagine that was not a good look for her during that period. Especially since she put him in the coma. Civil War 2 in general was such a bleh event.
    It was an atrocity, much like Civil War was for Tony, characterization-wise. The only difference is that the original Civil War had Marvel doing a great deal of work afterwards to rehab Tony (no substance abuse or alcoholism puns intended) as a character so he'd still be viable as a hero despite all the moral lines crossed in that event, whereas Civil War II showed that either Marvel hadn't learned its lesson at all from the first one, or that it had learned all the wrong lessons from the first one. Hell, say what you will about how the original Civil War went (and ultimately ended), at least there was an attempt at a greater point about American society and culture after the trauma and horror of 9/11, beyond merely smashing action figures together.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I've been in situations like that. I wasn't a member on here at the time but during the Avengers vs X-Men event I was firmly on the X-Men side regardless how "villainous" they tried to make Cyclops.

That sucks. So how is Tony's relationship with Carol presently? Are they friends again?
    Close enough, yeah. Could be something for MacKay to dive into when he kicks off his Avengers run.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Close enough, yeah. Could be something for MacKay to dive into when he kicks off his Avengers run.
    I always think it's kind of weird seeing heroes be friends again after a big war. I thought the same with Tony and Steve after the first Civil War or Steve and Scott after AvX...or Scott and Logan after Schism and everything after it. I mean I'm glad but it's always kind of strange after they go to war against one another. I need to read some of these books to see Tony and Carol's dynamic past Civil War 2.

I always think it's kind of weird seeing heroes be friends again after a big war. I thought the same with Tony and Steve after the first Civil War or Steve and Scott after AvX...or Scott and Logan after Schism and everything after it. I mean I'm glad but it's always kind of strange after they go to war against one another. I need to read some of these books to see Tony and Carol's dynamic past Civil War 2.
    Superheroes . . . they are simultaneously a much more fractious and much more forgiving lot than most of us in the real world.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They really tried hard to justify what Carol did to make her look less bad to varying degrees of effectiveness .
    Just another example of Bendis being incapable of depicting Carol as nothing than a fascist caricature.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Just another example of Bendis being incapable of depicting Carol as nothing than a fascist caricature.
    It comes with the territory of Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Late to the party, I know. But, here's My Top (3) Three choices:

• Bethany Cabe

• Janet Van Dyne

Cabe looks a lot like Mary Jane there. At least more recent appearances give her a different hairstyle (she regularly wore a braid in Slott's run). As for Janet, she's so good he dated her twice, lol. I guess the first time didn't work out as she was just rebounding after breaking up with Hank? The second go, Slott's Iron Man run, seemed to be going well, only for Cantwell to unceremoniously end it in his first issue. Nadia owes him a few words for that, when Tony appeared in an issue of Unstoppable Wasp she warned him not to hurt her.

I wonder if Duggan’s going to bring in Carol at all, considering their relationship regarding alcoholism and substance abuse.
    Makes sense if she does. Not only is Carol his alcoholics anonymous sponsor, she's also Rhodey's girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There was a lot of hullaballo about whether Tony was an AI clone or the real Tony after he came back. Basically I think his body got remolded but it was completely the same mind and soul.
    Yeah, not unlike the X-Men on Krakoa, it's a new body, with his mind and soul restored.

Yikes! So this sounds like a real complicated mess. I know for a time he was a AI and even piloted the Iron Man suit. Wasn't that the case during Secret Empire? When did he get his body back and what happened to his coma body? Is it the same body?
    The AI was just based on his brain engrams, like how Vision was based on Wonder Man, and debuted in Bendis's Iron Man run after Civil War II. It was otherwise the same technology as Friday (who started out as a similar holographic AI but became a synthezoid in Slott's run thanks to Jocasta). Normally AI Tony served as Riri's AI like Friday (before Slott), Motherboard (in Slott's run) and BOSS (Cantwell and Duggan's runs) do for Tony. During Secret Empire, Tony had the AI pilot an Iron Man suit. Shortly after, Riri's armour was destroyed by Thanos in Infinity Countdown's Champions tie-in. But by then Tony had his AI duplicate back with him, and he was destroyed near the end of Slott's Iron Man. Riri then installed a new AI based on her dead best friend Natalie in her new, current, armour.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

"We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Here are 2 series previews that Tony is involved in for those interested.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/02/03/ma...across-time-2/
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/02/03/ma...et-invasion-4/
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-07-2023 at 02:25 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Yes, indeed. Thanks, by the way. I was thinking about Iron Man today, and the song from Armored Adventures began playing in my head. "In a dangerous world, he does all he can. He's Iron Man!"

Is there some twist coming with Maria Hill? Because if not, they should just have her join the Red Skull and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Is there some twist coming with Maria Hill? Because if not, they should just have her join the Red Skull and be done with it.
    Well, Al Ewing did once depict a version of her in one of the Secret Wars tie-in miniseries that went full-on Judge Dredd, and considering that Judge Dredd was a critique, not necessarily an endorsement, of increasing authoritarianism in 1980s British (and also American) politics and law enforcement . . .

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Just finished WAT, and I loved it. Of course it’s by Alan Davis, who is giving me Neal Adams energy.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Any chance that Maria is a skrull, and she's using the pretext that she's helping humanity to murder traitors? From what I've seen, admittedly just from previews, it looks like she has only murdered those skrulls attempting to honestly immigrate to earth and assimilate into human society.

Just finished WAT, and I loved it. Of course it’s by Alan Davis, who is giving me Neal Adams energy.
    Yeah it started off really good. A throwback story. Alan Davis is doing what he does. Can’t wait to read tomorrows issue.