Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I don't think Tony can be held 100% responsible for a situational armor he used to try to help people getting used for a purpose it was never intended to...although I guess if the armor was that powerful he would've been better off destroying it.
    Tony didn’t want to destroy it because it was a living creature if I remember correctly.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Hey wanted to hear your thoughts on this topic. Do you think Tony is partly responsible for this Carnage Reigns event? With Tony inventing the extrembiote armor back in King in Black and Cletus absconding with it in Extreme Carnage and then utilizing it in Carnage Reigns? All opinions welcomed on this, but I know you being a huge Spider-Man fan and having read it can give a better perspective on it.
    Well, I don't think Tony can be held 100% responsible for a situational armor he used to try to help people getting used for a purpose it was never intended to...although I guess if the armor was that powerful he would've been better off destroying it.
    Tony didn’t want to destroy it because it was a living creature if I remember correctly.
    I would generally agree with Frontier on this. He's about as responsible for what went down in Carnage Reigns as he was for Armor Wars or even the current situation with Feilong and the "Stark Sentinels," which is to say, only partially. To me, it reads as another case of him meaning well, but not necessarily putting up all the necessary and adequate safeguards to keep his tech from falling into the wrong hands.

That said, Armor Wars happened because someone (I think Spymaster) stole his Iron Man schematics and put them on the black market, and with regard to the Feilong/Stark Sentinels situation, it could be somewhat argued that Tony betting the security of his remaining tethers to Stark Unlimited on a single person that Feilong then murdered and set up to look like a suicide was a case of him not taking enough precautions. Then again, considering how utterly shady Feilong is and has been, I wouldn't put it past him to have an inside person or two at Stark Unlimited who helped facilitate his takeover because they cared more about keeping Stark Unlimited profitable than keeping it out of the genocide business.

All in all, even if Tony would most likely be kicking himself for years to come, metaphorically speaking, he's not necessarily responsible for bad guys hijacking his tech and company to do bad things with them. He might need better or more thorough precautions and countermeasures to prevent that hijacking from happening again, but even in a fictional universe like this, everybody makes their own choices, for good or ill.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Since we’re talking about Carnage Reigns. What does everyone think about Tony mentoring Miles? They were on the Avengers together. Miles was on Tony’s side in Civil War II. Tony even built better web shooters for Miles to use. Miles even told Tony about The Assessor and Tony went after he because of what he did to Miles and last, but not least he saves Miles life and gives him a brand new better version of the Iron Spider armor. So what’s the verdict? Also how did you guys feel about Tony’s mentorship of Peter? What’s your thoughts on how that went and ended?
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-06-2023 at 01:52 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Since we’re talking about Carnage Reigns. What does everyone think about Tony mentoring Miles? They were on the Avengers together. Miles was on Tony’s side in Civil War II. Tony even built better web shooters for Miles to use. Miles even told Tony about The Assessor and Tony went after he because of what he did to Miles and last, but not least he saves Miles life and gives him a brand new better version of the Iron Spider armor. So what’s the verdict? Also how did you guys feel about Tony’s mentorship of Peter? What’s your thoughts on how that went and ended?
    Peter Parker shouldn't need a mentor. I get what they were going for, but it never felt very Spider-Man even if it informed a lot about their characters in the MCU.

There's a reason NWH felt like a soft reboot by taking away all the trappings of the previous stuff (including the Iron Man tech).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Peter Parker shouldn't need a mentor. I get what they were going for, but it never felt very Spider-Man even if it informed a lot about their characters in the MCU.

There's a reason NWH felt like a soft reboot by taking away all the trappings of the previous stuff (including the Iron Man tech).
    I think the mentorship between Tony and Peter in the comics would have gone over much better if Civil War hadn't put Tony in the role of the bad guy, not to mention the personal fallout of Civil War for Peter, culminating in the atrocity that was (and is) One More Day, put me in a sour mood for a good while. Of course, in retrospect, we could just conclude that damn near all of the principal characters of Civil War made poor choices, even Captain America himself. That said, I do appreciate Tony trying to do a better job with Miles and not repeat some of his worse judgment calls with Peter, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think the mentorship between Tony and Peter in the comics would have gone over much better if Civil War hadn't put Tony in the role of the bad guy, not to mention the personal fallout of Civil War for Peter, culminating in the atrocity that was (and is) One More Day, put me in a sour mood for a good while. Of course, in retrospect, we could just conclude that damn near all of the principal characters of Civil War made poor choices, even Captain America himself. That said, I do appreciate Tony trying to do a better job with Miles and not repeat some of his worse judgment calls with Peter, though.
    I personally feel "mentor" isn't the right word. Friend, co-worker, fellow science geek, something along those lines.

The only people that didn't make stupid decisions during Civil War were the New Warriors, Namor, and Wolverine. It's not the 'Warriros fault that the universe suddenly stopped playing by the normal rules.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I personally feel "mentor" isn't the right word. Friend, co-worker, fellow science geek, something along those lines.
    Awhile back, Science Bros. seemed quite popular...

All that man does is look for replacement dads, tho. Norman, Tony, Ezekiel, JJJ.

Tony mentoring Peter was sweet, if short-lived. Civil war remains a wrench in Tony's and Peter's trust, maybe an insurmountable one. Tony badly burned Peter. I don't think Peter quite holds a grunge--if anything, he knows Tony's no better off (see Fraction's lovely team up issue. #8, i think?)

So yeah, Miles is the big do-over for Tony. The second chance to help out a kid in need

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    All that man does is look for replacement dads, tho. Norman, Tony, Ezekiel, JJJ.

Tony mentoring Peter was sweet, if short-lived. Civil war remains a wrench in Tony's and Peter's trust, maybe an insurmountable one. Tony badly burned Peter. I don't think Peter quite holds a grunge--if anything, he knows Tony's no better off (see Fraction's lovely team up issue. #8, i think?)

So yeah, Miles is the big do-over for Tony. The second chance to help out a kid in need
    I think Peter and Tony burned each other, but you’re right hence this being Tony’s opportunity to have a better relationship with Miles and it’s off to a phenomenal start.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-07-2023 at 01:14 PM.

Norman as a "father figure" is kind of a recent invention, and I don't think he viewed JJJ as that much of a father figure.

Tony doesn't even remember Civil War.

Norman as a "father figure" is kind of a recent invention, and I don't think he viewed JJJ as that much of a father figure.

Tony doesn't even remember Civil War.
    Semi-recent, I'd say. Circa clone saga, maybe? He's definitely all-in on the concept of courting Peter as a harry replacement around when Jenkins and Millar do their Norman stories

He sure doesn't! I love the way Fraction played out that story

He sure doesn't! I love the way Fraction played out that story
    Seconded! Almost everyone got what they wanted. In was genius!

wait really tony doesnt remember civil war for what purpose?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    wait really tony doesnt remember civil war for what purpose?
    He made a back up disc of his mind and it went right up until Civil War. So when his mind got rebooted it only had memories up until that point. Also he erased his mind so Osborn didn’t get his hands on the registration list with everyone’s identities on it.