Page 9 of 87 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Interesting CBR article: https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-work-al...ventor-marvel/

I think it gets to the heart of Stark's core fear, which is that the people he loves will die, and it will be because he didn't invent enough, fight enough, sacrifice enough.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    You're welcome. Glad you like it.

God, I love seeing this page. Layton is the artist I think of when we’re talking about Tony.

So am I the only one who’s super impressed that the Alex Ross design lasted into this volume? Like, I get it. Getting a new armor has become a huge staple in Tony’s evolution, but look at how long the Model 4 lasted before getting a new armor?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    God, I love seeing this page. Layton is the artist I think of when we’re talking about Tony.

So am I the only one who’s super impressed that the Alex Ross design lasted into this volume? Like, I get it. Getting a new armor has become a huge staple in Tony’s evolution, but look at how long the Model 4 lasted before getting a new armor?
    I love this Layton pic as you do. I actually have it as a print and got it autographed by Layton. I'm also surprised the Model 70 has lasted into another series. Most writers want to start out with their own version. Although I am glad it stuck around as I like the aesthetics and functionality of it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Hot Toys dropping another great Tony figure.
    https://bleedingcool.com/collectible...vi-2-0-figure/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Interesting CBR article: https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-work-al...ventor-marvel/

I think it gets to the heart of Stark's core fear, which is that the people he loves will die, and it will be because he didn't invent enough, fight enough, sacrifice enough.

Having read that article myself, I would definitely concur with your assessment.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Bumped into this while looking for stuff on the internet

From Big Bad Toy Store

tumblr_74b06ebb8d3f3fb0d33a9212eb4400ea_705781f1_1280.jpg An inside look at the Mark 70 created by Alex Ross.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm curious, what do Iron Man fans think of the whole thing about Tony being adopted and him finding his birth mom?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm curious, what do Iron Man fans think of the whole thing about Tony being adopted and him finding his birth mom?
    It's not very popular. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Bumped into this while looking for stuff on the internet

From Big Bad Toy Store

This is nice!

I would say that 90-95% of Tony fans hate it.

I'm just waiting for the reveal that The Mandarin was behind the whole thing to frak with Tony's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

I'm just waiting for the reveal that The Mandarin was behind the whole thing to frak with Tony's head.
    I think even assuming there's 5% of people who like it is a stretch. Maybe disinterested .

I guess people were more okay with introducing Arno than the adoption angle.

Nobody, from what I've seen, actually cared about Amanda (Tony's bio mom).

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

That would be wonderful. Old Tem Borjigin has been absent from the book for far too long.

To say I loathed it would be an understatement. To me when you have a character that’s been around as long as Tony. You don’t mess with their origins. It’s like messing with the foundation of a house.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    To say I loathed it would be an understatement. To me when you have a character that’s been around as long as Tony. You don’t mess with their origins. It’s like messing with the foundation of a house.
    Ha. I genuinely forgot that was (/is supposed to be) a thing.

Guess that answer's your Q on it.

It's not part of MY Iron Man canon/history.