Page 71 of 96 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1437

Yeah, originally her ex-husband Terry Long had custody, but he died in the same incident Robert was believed to have died in - wait, does this mean Granny Goodness murdered Terry?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    Unless this was something discussed and planned for ahead of time, it seems like a monkey wrench thrown at both Garth and Donna. Neither of them have been parents for almost twenty years, but now they'll either need to tie that into their ongoing stories or ignore the kids' returns entirely. Not that DC seems to have much burning for Garth
    Now that I think about it, I definitely expect Taylor will bring them in.

Considering how he loves cute and sweet moments, including kid characters having Donna and Garth interact with their kids would be right up his alley.

We're talking about the guy who tried to make Deadshot's kid daughter into superhero (calling herself Liveshot as she doesn't kill) and even giving them a cute little puppy named Dogshot. Nothing is too saccharine sweet for him.

Let's see: Donna has Robert; Wally has Jai, Irey, and Wade; Garth has Cerdian; and Roy has Lian. Dick is the only one of the original Titans who doesn't have any children (without counting Elseworlds or possible futures).
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

So I am a frequent guest and sometimes co host on a friend of mines podcast called The Secret Origins of Mint Condition. Last week we interviewed Jeremy Adams. He talks about his new Green Lantern run and The Flash run of course! Plus other things. If you want to give it a listen check it out on Spotify or Apple. On Spotify it is episode 140 of the Secret Origins of Mint Condition. Hope you enjoy it.
    Last edited by Hol; 05-17-2023 at 04:36 AM.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Incredible Member

But does anyone find it strange how many people are talking about how death in Titans has to be undone because Wally will get a new comic, but I thought it was clear that the Wally who died came from the future, the present one is alive and the plot is about saving and preventing Wally's death! But so many people act like this is a theory or act like Wally really died, isn't that weird?

Incredible Member

Unless this was something discussed and planned for ahead of time, it seems like a monkey wrench thrown at both Garth and Donna. Neither of them have been parents for almost twenty years, but now they'll either need to tie that into their ongoing stories or ignore the kids' returns entirely. Not that DC seems to have much burning for Garth
    I don't know about Garth because he hasn't been the focus for over 15-20 years and only has had small supporting appearances and cameos.
    But in Donna's case, they will bring back her child, Robert because they will definitely reference Terry Long in her origin. However, Terry will remain dead.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Let's see: Donna has Robert; Wally has Jai, Irey, and Wade; Garth has Cerdian; and Roy has Lian. Dick is the only one of the original Titans who doesn't have any children (without counting Elseworlds or possible futures).
    He just found out he has an older half sister. So there’s that.
    But I doubt they give Dick a kid anytime soon. They had a chance in the 90s with Starfire being pregnant and it was never referenced again.

Incredible Member

I do find it Suspicious that Mr. Terrific (who is part of the cast) had one of them being his kid confirmed, but the other two (who aren't) were only hinted at.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    I do find it Suspicious that Mr. Terrific (who is part of the cast) had one of them being his kid confirmed, but the other two (who aren't) were only hinted at.
    Hinted at?
    Granny’s description of them was like a hammer to the face! It’s definitely them.

Unless they bring the kids into some book, i don't like the idea of them being back.

Are you expecting me to believe that Wally West, a guy who went through all that **** in the last few years cause he lost his kids, will not say to his closest friends that their children were alive?

Or that Mr. Terrific, the guy that people say is the second most inteligent person on the planet, can not figure out the parent of thoses kids when he found out about his own kid in a single painel?

It opens a really bad can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Hinted at?
    Granny’s description of them was like a hammer to the face! It’s definitely them.
    Jeremy Adams already confirmed that is them on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    But does anyone find it strange how many people are talking about how death in Titans has to be undone because Wally will get a new comic, but I thought it was clear that the Wally who died came from the future, the present one is alive and the plot is about saving and preventing Wally's death! But so many people act like this is a theory or act like Wally really died, isn't that weird?
    He is clearly from the future, but since it's Tom Taylor people are contractually obligated to complain about it.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Unless they bring the kids into some book, i don't like the idea of them being back.

Are you expecting me to believe that Wally West, a guy who went through all that **** in the last few years cause he lost his kids, will not say to his closest friends that their children were alive?

Or that Mr. Terrific, the guy that people say is the second most inteligent person on the planet, can not figure out the parent of thoses kids when he found out about his own kid in a single painel?

Yeah, it all sounds weird to me, but the villain raising the hero's kid to fight them is par for the course. What's important is, as you said, how this will end up reflecting in the heroes that knew about them and didn't tell their parents (depending on how things all turn out to be).

I actually hated the babies being killed, but the point was that I wanted them raised in their loving families, not all that's been done since. I am not a fan of the idea that heroes must have tragedy heaped on tragedy, and can't have a happy family life.

I know babies aren't great characters (and it's a reasonable reason to have heroes not have them), but they can work perfectly well as props in a hero's home life that they love and then later they could get to do cute kids stuff for humor or fluffiness. Then, much later, if they actually let the adult characters age, the now-adolescent kids can start fighting evil. As is is, they killed off the kids, then much later brought back older kids that have had years of life inbetween and don't act like the used to (due to that and age) and in some ways might as well not be the same characters and certainly don't fulfill the same role in the story or as part of the parent's life as they pre-death kids did (well, okay, that's me thinking on Lian).
    Last edited by Tzigone; 05-17-2023 at 08:30 AM.

Heh. Technically, there is Nightwing #103 - so, yeah, something’s up with all these kiddos sprouting out of the woodwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Now that I think about it, I definitely expect Taylor will bring them in.

Considering how he loves cute and sweet moments, including kid characters having Donna and Garth interact with their kids would be right up his alley.

We're talking about the guy who tried to make Deadshot's kid daughter into superhero (calling herself Liveshot as she doesn't kill) and even giving them a cute little puppy named Dogshot. Nothing is too saccharine sweet for him.
    Yeah, that sounds like Taylor.
    Damian is kind of his kid when you think about it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah well that’s spoilers:
    half a day future Wally who’s dead, who’s came to warn present Wally
    end of spoilers
    Marvel:

We have IMMORTAL HULK, IMMORTAL X-MEN and the IMMORTAL THOR.

DC:

How about naming our upcoming title for the Flash calls: IMMORTAL FLASH cause otherwise Wally keep dying.

Dick just adopted Blockbuster's daughter Olivia.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, that sounds like Taylor.

Damian is kind of his kid when you think about it.
    Damian was Dick's sidekick, but they're brothers. Damian has never seen Dick as a father.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

He probably didn't recognise them because they've aged. Catwoman never realised that Shoes was Lian Harper, the daughter of one of Nightwing's friends.

Michael needs to use that scanner on the kids, and on Donna and Garth, to match the DNA.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-18-2023 at 02:59 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman