Page 84 of 96 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1437
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Would have preferred the logo with the lightning down the middle of the A instead of Turner's Flash.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I just realised - doesn't the new logo use the wrong Flash? He has the wrong thunderbolt emblem, compare it to the cover's main artwork.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I just realised - doesn't the new logo use the wrong Flash? He has the wrong thunderbolt emblem, compare it to the cover's main artwork.
    It's not the wrong Flash, it's Wally with his old costume.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

That costume on that cover looks identical to something Barry would wear. And it's still sloppy. They should've made sure the logo matches his current look. What they've done is like if Amazing Spider-Man still used the red and blue suit in the corner box when he was wearing the black suit.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The logo would look much better without the miniature Flash in it.

To be honest, I'm surprised they changed the logo at all, the previous one was only two years old and the one before that lasted nine and a half years, so it wasn't due for replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That costume on that cover looks identical to something Barry would wear. And it's still sloppy. They should've made sure the logo matches his current look. What they've done is like if Amazing Spider-Man still used the red and blue suit in the corner box when he was wearing the black suit.
    They could've changed the costume in the logo to his current one, yes, but that little Flash is based on Wally, not Barry.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Mighty Member

Based on the early response about Simon's Flash run, it seems we are getting some kind of 'Immortal Hulk' treatment for the Flash run. Also, I would loves to see different unknown heroes would show up in this run.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7NXYlecp3c

He talks about his run here. Says he wants the first two arcs to bridge the gap between Adams and where he wants to go, so at first it will be lighter and then gradually get darker and darker as the horror elements start making their presence felt. Honestly everything he’s saying has me intrigued, and I really love how he’s seemingly going to be using these Lovecraftian entities to boost the threat level of the traditional Rogues like Grodd:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The hype is real! Gail Simone and Jeff Lemire said pretty good things about it. Gail even compared it to Alan Moore's Swamp Thing.

I think I'm in.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

He talks about his run here. Says he wants the first two arcs to bridge the gap between Adams and where he wants to go, so at first it will be lighter and then gradually get darker and darker as the horror elements start making their presence felt. Honestly everything he’s saying has me intrigued, and I really love how he’s seemingly going to be using these Lovecraftian entities to boost the threat level of the traditional Rogues like Grodd:

Thanks for this! Spurrier gives a hell of a good interview and he's clearly super intelligent. He also seems to be very much on the right track with Wally, especially as he acknowledges not only Wally's "lighter" personality and that part of the interest here will be seeing how such a character plays against cosmic horror, but my only real worry about his run is that it might have too many ideas packed in for its own good. Hopefully not because the Flash should have tons of wacky ideas, but you don't want it to either lose the heart that makes the best Flash runs so good or become too convoluted to follow.

I've only really read his Sandman Universe stuff (and am waiting for my online order of the first Damn Them All trade to arrive), which was pretty uniformly excellent and I'm super curious to see what he does here.

The only question is whether to go for the single issues or wait for the trade. I'm more of a trade guy now, but man, DC are so slow at collecting their current series. World's Finest is on issue 20 or something and I don't even think they've released vol. 2 yet, which starts as early as issue 6!
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Sounds like we're in for some cool stuff .

Cool

read issue #1 this morning Deodato art is great for this character! Spurrier really excels the story for new readers of this title.

I don't think ive read a new flash book in years but was intrigue with this creative line up. the last page keeps the reader wanting more 2 read the next issue instantly!

don't forget to preorder this one

Question for you guys; I recently re-read Williamsons run as research for a podcast I am doing and before the Finish Line arc, Thawne recounts his many deaths. Among them, he mentions he died once and Wally West tried to save him. The image used look has Wally in his 2009 Flash Rebirth current suit trying to save Thawn from getting sucked into some infinite void. The other deaths before and after this image are in proper order. (stuck in limbo in Flash 284, Flash 324, Blackest Night, Flashpoint, THIS one, Doctor Manhattan and finally when Iris kills him). For the life of me I cannot remember when Thawne died and Wally tried to save him. Can anyone help me with this? When did this happen?

Also, I never thought of Barry leaving Thawne in Limbo in Flash #284 as a death. He was just stuck forever in limbo and Blackest Night Flash is also not a death. But I digress. lol
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Astonishing Member

As far as I'm aware it never happened and it was likely a teaser or reference of some kind. Or just showing how Thawne has died even more times than the reader knows.

They seem to be in chronological order otherwise, which would mean, with Wally in The Flash outfit, the only time it could've happened is during the transition from Flashpoint back to the regular universe, where then Pandora/Manhattan intercede. As otherwise Wally was never wearing The Flash costume. It could maybe imply that Manhattan's alteration of the universe at that point was something Wally and Thawne, as time travelers, could detect and they were reaching for each other in that moment before Manhattan adjusted it to a universe where they no longer existed. As Wally definitely didn't exist and Thawne was, well, not Thawne in the New 52. But this is just a shot in the dark on what it means.

I'm pretty darn sure it's not something that occurred in a comic. Wally and Thawne only have a handful of interactions, anyhow, after Wally becomes The Flash and this is not one of them.
    Last edited by Dred; 09-12-2023 at 12:20 PM.