Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1437

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So, i liked the first issue. There are interesting mysteries here to make you come back for the next issue and i really want to see what is the big bad of this arc.

Now, it was really wordy, i don't remember the last time i read a single comic book for this long (And english not being my first language, it tooks a little more time for me that might be for most people here.).

It kinda reminded me of Bendis, but Bendis bores me to death and this one didn't. I think it's a solid start.

Now, the art might be a struggle for some people, is definetly not your usual Flash art and everything is really dark, but since the motif of this arc is comic horror, i think it fits.

Another thing, the kids are still kids, it just looks like Deodato can't really draw them as kid instead of teenagers.

Also, he draws Wally like Chirs Evans. I'm not kidding, it's literally Chris Evans.
    Evans would be a good Wally .

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    The way League of Comic Geeks works, it's actually normal for an issue #1 to have less pulls than long-running series.

Comparison with other recent Dawn of DC #1s:
    Flash: 3,623
    Wonder Woman: 3,651
    Batman and Robin: 3,737
    Birds of Prey: 2,450
    Blue Beetle: 1,771
    Fire & Ice: 1,277
    Before Wally returned Flash was getting circa 4500 pulls, with Jeremy Adams' run the series infallibly added pulls every single issue taking it up to 7.5k.

Every jumping on point is also a jumpin off point. especially with a new needless number 1.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He genuinely would be. I mean, he's already played like 5 comic book characters so why not another one?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I can see Chris Evan in this sketch too now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    The way League of Comic Geeks works, it's actually normal for an issue #1 to have less pulls than long-running series.

Comparison with other recent Dawn of DC #1s:
    Flash: 3,623
    Wonder Woman: 3,651
    Batman and Robin: 3,737
    Birds of Prey: 2,450
    Blue Beetle: 1,771
    Fire & Ice: 1,277
    This looks pretty good. Wonder Woman also has the Tom King tax on sales.

I loved the book and I'm in for the long haul but the art is horrible. Dunno how long I can endure that to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Nolan View Post
    Before Wally returned Flash was getting circa 4500 pulls, with Jeremy Adams' run the series infallibly added pulls every single issue taking it up to 7.5k.

Every jumping on point is also a jumpin off point. especially with a new needless number 1.
    Flash always sells around WW's numbers and those WW numbers have extra because of Tom King. So what the other user says is correct, no 1 can be lower than longer running runs. Stop pushing an agenda that doesn't exist, the book is solid and many people are ready for the new direction.
    Last edited by Waterfall; 09-26-2023 at 01:32 PM.

It's funny how the narrative changes every time.
    When Adams was on the book, the sales were horrible and the skies were falling, now all of the sudden his numbers were incredible.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

When Adams was on the book, the sales were horrible and the skies were falling, now all of the sudden his numbers were incredible.
    Paul is trying to push an agenda with baseless accusations, on the other thread he implies Morrison/Miller run was cancelled because it was too niche when such thing wasn't the case at all!

The reality is that Adams run's popularity wasn't good at all because it wasn't promoted well, it hung around as long as it did thanks to good word of mouth. Current run started out very well. Instead of trying to ruin things for everyone and flat out making statements that are not true, maybe some of us should try to focus on other things!

I can see Chris Evan in this sketch too now.
    Holy photo tracing Batman! That's distracting
    Last edited by Pohzee; 09-26-2023 at 02:17 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Holy photo tracing Batman! That's distracting
    Deodato's been doing the actor-casting thing for years - I remember in his Thunderbolts run, Norman Osborn was blatantly Tommy Lee Jones. At least he's not Greg Land-level bad.

Read the first issue and I liked it. It’s very compressed which is a huge plus. Seems like the pendulum is finally swinging in the other direction away from Bendis style decompression, we’re getting more one and dones and tightly plotted issues because writers know they might not get more than 6 issues at most.

Adams sales must have been bad for him to be taken off in the first place. Not much room to argue otherwise.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    He genuinely would be. I mean, he's already played like 5 comic book characters so why not another one?
    I feel like Evan is a little too male model looking, whereas I think of Wally being a little more mischievous boy-next-door looking.

Chris Pine during his Star Trek era was my fan cast for Wally back in the day.

Evans would make a great Barry if you ask me.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Like I said on the issue thread, it was interesting.

Though pretty wordy and a bit too depressing, not looking forward to Wally and Linda having marriage problems. Though someone pointed out Linda could be having postpartum depression which is potentially interesting. And Wally not telling Mister Terrific whats happening is a dumb move.

Also the art is generally good but it does look weird in some levels, especially the final page where it has an odd "CG-ish" look to it. Like I'm sure the creature is intended to look weird but it felt really off to look at.

Another thing, the kids are still kids, it just looks like Deodato can't really draw them as kid instead of teenagers.

Also, he draws Wally like Chirs Evans. I'm not kidding, it's literally Chris Evans.
    Yeah, Irey definitely looks too old - like 12 instead of 8. You could make out breasts on her chest! She should be as flat chested as Lisa Simpson (another 8 year old). Maxine did look younger - though that might only be because she's copied Irey's previous look by putting her hair into twintails!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's already been both Johnny Storm and Steve Rogers (who both started as teen heroes in the comics but were slightly older in the films). Can't see him as Wally because he's aged out. Wally would likely be quite young when introduced in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Chris Pine during his Star Trek era was my fan cast for Wally back in the day.

Evans would make a great Barry if you ask me.
    Though Barry would work! And he'd actually look more like the comics Barry than the three previous actors. Not sure he'd take another superhero role at all though, due to typecasting.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Like I said on the issue thread, it was interesting.

Though pretty wordy and a bit too depressing, not looking forward to Wally and Linda having marriage problems. Though someone pointed out Linda could be having postpartum depression which is potentially interesting. And Wally not telling Mister Terrific whats happening is a dumb move.

Also the art is generally good but it does look weird in some levels, especially the final page where it has an odd "CG-ish" look to it. Like I'm sure the creature is intended to look weird but it felt really off to look at.
    Only thing I could think of with the Wally Linda stuff is they could possibly be telling a story about Linda dealing with postpartum depression