Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1437
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    There are several reason for the thread being slow.

- A lot of the traditional posting here was people being outraged by the latest outrageous thing Didio did. This is, happily, over.
    - Another driver of discussion was a very particular kind of fan who used to come to this thread and engage in long discussions about how Wally needed a new name, a new powerset, a new costume that preferably looked like his KF, suit, etc, and proclaiming that that was his only way to a shred of relevance, because he was never going to be the Flash again. Those guys have cooled off, obviously.
    - On a personal note I used to post a lot in here (hell, I was always right in the middle of the arguments I mentioned), but I lost my dad a few months ago and have been really busy since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my mom this week.

The only sad thing is we don't really get to see Barry as much though he does occasionally appear in event tie-in's or in stuff like Jeremy Adam's GL, but I guess he's got a big role in the upcoming Crisis animated movies (though he also might bite it in said movies).
    My condolences to both your losses.

Max Mercy is in the preview for next issue. Gonna be interesting to see how him and Barry are going to work on this crazy stuff.

While i'm enjoying all the craziness that is happening in the book, it's becoming more and more difficult to follow what is happening.

spoilers:
    Wally is now capable of tapping into the world of spirits? He can go into layers of reality one by one?

Also, was not expecting to see the Folded Man.
    end of spoilers
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    While i'm enjoying all the craziness that is happening in the book, it's becoming more and more difficult to follow what is happening.

spoilers:
    Wally is now capable of tapping into the world of spirits? He can go into layers of reality one by one?

Also, was not expecting to see the Folded Man.
    end of spoilers
    I am really enjoying this book but it can be confusing at times. And it has nothing to do with the art and all with the concepts delivered by Spurrier. Its really exciting what it going on but it isn't always clear. I tend to have to read the issue more than once. Which is fine because its good.

Man is it just me or is it so nice to see Wally, Max and Bart interacting again? I know we saw it a bit in Adams run but I feel like he spent more time on Ace and the twins.

One of the things I really like about this book is how meaty of a read it is. Takes me a solid 15 or 20 minutes as opposed to the usual 10 minute read of most comics.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

BohemiaDrinker and Frontier, I am so sorry to hear about your losses. It can be especially difficult this time of year so I hope you both have friends and family to help you get through this time.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

- On a personal note I used to post a lot in here (hell, I was always right in the middle of the arguments I mentioned), but I lost my dad a few months ago and have been really busy since.
    Wow, sorry to hear about your losses, guys. I know how that feels, I lost my Dad in the 2000s.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Thank you for the kind words .

Incredible Member

Catching up on Action Comics, and noticed this little panel with Lois calling Superman in #1057...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Catching up on Action Comics, and noticed this little panel with Lois calling Superman in #1057...
    That Lois would even make that distinction .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Yeah this run is definitely shaping up to be an acquired taste.

Its very particular, some people are gonna love it but some other people are definitely gonna hate it.

This issue was really trippy. The dimension traveling was very visually interesting. Plus cool that other speedsters like Impulse and Max Mercury are involved.

Know nothing about the Folded Man but I want to know more about what his deal is after Spurrier used him in this week’s issue.

- A lot of the traditional posting here was people being outraged by the latest outrageous thing Didio did. This is, happily, over.
    - Another driver of discussion was a very particular kind of fan who used to come to this thread and engage in long discussions about how Wally needed a new name, a new powerset, a new costume that preferably looked like his KF, suit, etc, and proclaiming that that was his only way to a shred of relevance, because he was never going to be the Flash again. Those guys have cooled off, obviously.

The overwhelming amount of posters on this forum are negative. When times are good people are quiet and don’t post much usually. But the whiners/complainers/doom posters post the most regularly, no better example of that then the Superman forum where most would rather whine about Gunn handling Superman or Jon not being deaged than actually discuss any of the good books currently out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

What elephant? Barry? Barry is alive, well and is important to the family of characters. It is to be expected that he is to be featured eventually, or take over the book at some point. This is not an issue, it's expected. The toxic mentality of "either/or" was a problem of the old TPTB. That's gone. Honestly, if Barry shows up as a secondary character or even the main Flash again, I hope he doesn't get the shitty treatment Wally got.

The only sad thing is we don't really get to see Barry as much though he does occasionally appear in event tie-in's or in stuff like Jeremy Adam's GL, but I guess he's got a big role in the upcoming Crisis animated movies (though he also might bite it in said movies).
    Wow. Condolences.

It's never easy losing a loved one.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Wow. Condolences.

It's never easy losing a loved one.
    Same sorry for your loss guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah this run is definitely shaping up to be an acquired taste.

Its very particular, some people are gonna love it but some other people are definitely gonna hate it.

This issue was really trippy. The dimension traveling was very visually interesting. Plus cool that other speedsters like Impulse and Max Mercury are involved.
    I'm just catching up with the run. I'm a Wally fan so I tend to fall out of following when its Barry centered (I know Wally was the focus for a bit since his return but I wasn't clear exactly when this happened but this new number 1 was a clear jumping on point). So far I'm digging it, even though I knew it would go "out there" having been used to Spurrier on Legion and stuff (and dropping a lot of it). Here though the focus on Wally plus this over arcing mystery has me invested even though I'm burnt out of "Here something even more new and mysterious about the Speed Force that changes everything we know about it" type stories.

My condolences to BohemianDrinker and Frontier. Losing a parent is a terrible thing. Hang in there guys.

Irey centric issue, it looks like.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.