Page 48 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

I'd like to see Adams get Teen Titans. He could include Surge, Thunderheart, and Animal Girl in the team!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'd like to see Adams get Teen Titans. He could include Surge, Thunderheart, and Animal Girl in the team!
    Not a bad idea. He is good at writing kids.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Not a bad idea. He is good at writing kids.
    I would personally like to see Adams create a new kid team IP. It's about time DC got a new IP brand to milk like Birds of Prey, Teen Titans, Young Justice, etc.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I would personally like to see Adams create a new kid team IP. It's about time DC got a new IP brand to milk like Birds of Prey, Teen Titans, Young Justice, etc.
    Not against it. When was the last time they created a new team of young heroes? The Ravagers?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Tween Titans?

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Not against it. When was the last time they created a new team of young heroes? The Ravagers?
    You could technically say "Teen Titans Academy" is a new IP, but I think that's pretty questionable.

The real question is when was the last time DC created an IP that is on the level of the Suicide Squad, the JL, JSA, Birds of Prey, Gotham City Sirens, Teen Titans, YJ - feels like they just haven't done the IP generation lately.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Tween Titans?
    I like it, but I'm hoping for something slightly more creative.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I could see him on Action Comics, or even Superman if his Green Lantern run sells well......fingers crossed that it is a hit....one step at a time.

Considering they never promoted his Flash run and still booted him from the book despite gaining momentum, why would his GL run be any different. Whether it sells or not(probably not given DC's overall treatment of the Hal Jordan character), I don't see him staying on GL for long, let alone longer than Flash. Adams isn't Bendis who keeps getting rewarded for his failures.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-14-2023 at 10:09 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Considering they never promoted his Flash run and still booted him from the book despite gaining momentum, why would his GL run be any different. Whether it sells or not(probably not given DC's overall treatment of the Hal Jordan character), I don't see him staying on GL longer than Flash, let alone longer. Adams isn't Bendis who keeps getting rewarded for his failures.
    Hasn't Bendis largely faded out of DC's main stable?

Also, if it counts for something, this time Adams is getting a #1 for Green Lantern. But I also don't see it running longer than his Flash, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post

Also, if it counts for something, this time Adams is getting a #1 for Green Lantern. But I also don't see it running longer than his Flash, either.
    Given that he got 32 regular issues plus a handful of tie-ins and annuals, I don't see that as a loss if he gets about three years on Green Lantern. The last Green Lantern run lasted only a year plus a special, so...hopefully things go better. I don't want to go full black pill here, even though I am very sad.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post

Bendis is more focus on his creator owned stuff now. He got more off of Miles and Riri than anything not named Naomi at DC.

And I think the question has to be asked of DC-what numbers are they looking at when deciding to replace Adams?

Pre-orders (as quite a few writers claim DC and Marvel ONLY look at)
    Actual sales? Because when I visit my store there are very FEW copies left on the shelf (mainly the card stock ones). I would say I Am Batman and Tim Drake leave larger piles behind.

Bendis who keeps getting rewarded for his failures.
    Well he gets rewarded when folks keep giving him shots.
    While guys like Adams and Al Ewing have to work their way up.

I mean it comes down to this-you are the store owner who gets more orders for a new book-lets say Wallace West. And you NEVER read either's previous work.
    Bendis or Adams?

Bendis wins that because of Miles, Riri and Naomi.

Ultimate Member

Given that he got 32 regular issues plus a handful of tie-ins and annuals, I don't see that as a loss if he gets about three years on Green Lantern. The last Green Lantern run lasted only a year plus a special, so...hopefully things go better. I don't want to go full black pill here, even though I am very sad.
    The last run had a beginning, middle and end. There was not 6-7 year plan with that book.
    Dan getting axed got the ending coming in a one shot versus another 6 issues.
    For the most part did the same numbers as Morrison's last run.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The last run had a beginning, middle and end. There was not 6-7 year plan with that book.
    Dan getting axed got the ending coming in a one shot versus another 6 issues.
    For the most part did the same numbers as Morrison's last run.
    I've listened to interviews with Thorne. He totally would have written more if he could have.

BANNED

I've listened to interviews with Thorne. He totally would have written more if he could have.
    Yeah, he stated he had a multi-year arc planned out for his GL.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Considering they never promoted his Flash run and still booted him from the book despite gaining momentum, why would his GL run be any different. Whether it sells or not(probably not given DC's overall treatment of the Hal Jordan character), I don't see him staying on GL longer than Flash, let alone longer. Adams isn't Bendis who keeps getting rewarded for his failures.
    Jeremy Adams will do well on Green Lantern if his writing is as strong as it was on the Flash.

If it doesn't sell well, I imagine it is probably the reason why his Flash didn't light up sales. I boil it down to a Wally/Barry partitioned fanbase, (one group keeping their wallet in their pocket.) How many prominent GL's are there now 7 or 8? It's Rdiculous!!!

However, I'm sure Adams will be able recapture some of the GL sales potential of the glory years, because if he can't.....you mind as well start kissing your GL franchise goodbye, lol.