Page 65 of 96 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Today's issue was really fun, except for the kidnaping of a baby, that is no fun at all.

We already know Adams run is ending, but this really feels like it. Bringing in some elements he put into this book into play and to a close.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

The team pulled together at the end is weird in who it leaves out. I understand for story-structural reasons not Adams not wanting a cast of thousands, but that's Doylist thinking.

With a huge ship, time enough to call in the Terrifics & Ace and deep reason to want all the help he can get; why the hell would Wally not call the Titans (his current team!), Jay, Barry, Jesse, Superman, and anyone else he has contact details for who might be able to help? The only ones he has reason NOT to call are his kids (for obvious-and-stated reasons) and Bart & Max (and that's if he knows they're missing/off to the future).

Jay could be busy with the JSA, possibly dealing with Huntress. It should be noted that this seems to be set before Stargirl: The Lost Children on account of Android Hourman's involvement.

Jesse could be used as a way to distract the kids - let them go on patrol with her while Wally and Ace are away, Jesse got on well with Irey in One Minute War.

Superman, Barry, the Titans and the rest of the Justice League I can't explain, apart from the currently missing Green Arrow. Cyborg would've been handy though, he has Mother Box tech, and that comes from the same place as Granny Goodness.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-02-2023 at 08:05 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Everytime anything bad happens you can always ask "Where was the Justice League?" It's a solo comic, you gotta accept that Superman isn't going to come in and stop The Joker in Batman's comics, why would that be any different here?

Love that we're going full circle on GB meeting Wally for "the first time"!

It's just like River Song in Doctor Who, lol. She met him for the last time - it was his first time. Then later on, after the Doctor has regenerated, they meet for the first time from her perspective. That's exactly what's going on here. Remember, Wally first met Lilly when he was Quantum Leaping - he was in Bart's body! Then they meet again in One Minute War, and now again - but for her the meetings were in reverse order, just like River with the Doctor.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Everytime anything bad happens you can always ask "Where was the Justice League?" It's a solo comic, you gotta accept that Superman isn't going to come in and stop The Joker in Batman's comics, why would that be any different here?
    Because Granny Goodness works for Darkseid. This is a JL level threat, not one of the Rogues.

I love the idea of Lilly and what she's brought to Flash canon but I always thought someone like Irey would have been a better fit for the role.

Gold Beetle is related to Booster Gold and Blue Beetle - and her thing is definitely in character for a Booster Gold legacy. Adult Irey wouldn't have interacted with Wally the same way - and she would've known the identity of that kid they rescued in One Minute War (who turned out to be teenage Wade, i.e. from adult Irey's time) immediately.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because Granny Goodness works for Darkseid. This is a JL level threat, not one of the Rogues.
    Who pumps the Batmobile's tires?

Wally has handled "JL level threats" by himself dozens of times. This means absolutely nothing. You use the characters who you want to feature in the book, you don't just bring in the entire JL or Titans every time the stakes raise. You can, mind you, but it's hardly a requirement nor should it be expected.
    Last edited by Dred; 05-03-2023 at 12:37 PM.

Incredible Member

Haha the return of the Omega Bam Man, seriously love that guy. I really hope he shows up in Green Lantern

Incredible Member

I have enjoyed the recent storylines and creative team. They’ve juggled a sizable cast, and were able to do right by most of ‘em.I thought Wally and family were in good hands, and I’m sorry to see Adams, Acura and company leave.

You know something. Even though i do love Barry. I starting to see why yall love Wally. I've been reading the Johns era books on Hoopla and it has been a blast.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherHerb View Post
    You know something. Even though i do love Barry. I starting to see why yall love Wally. I've been reading the Johns era books on Hoopla and it has been a blast.
    They're both great characters. The Barry/Wally divide is silly, and only got to where it got because the previous regime at DC fed into it in the most dickish way possible.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

The solution is simple. Just have two books, like Captain America.