Page 31 of 96 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Ok, I won't go into details but I'm now worried.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I have read a good portion of King's work and I generally like his stuff. I find he is a generally interesting writer.

Meanwhile I find Tamaki's output from what I read tends to be more dull.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Ok, I won't go into details but I'm now worried.

Now you tell us.

Edit: It must be the recent tweet with the different Barry Allen's suits, the only Wally suit showing up is the Rebirth one lol. DC downplaying Wally again, why am I not surprised?
    Last edited by Maxi; 02-27-2023 at 04:10 PM.

Incredible Member

Taurin Clarke said on Instagram that #799 is "my last cover for this run"

He never said the run is coming to an end, but that he is not doing any more covers for that run. Of course, that doesn't mean anything.

Really the only thing we have is the lack of an answer from Jeremy's part and a Youtube video from some guy who claims to know stuff. It's not really enough.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Heroes in Crisis is already dealt with, thankfully. But Tom King has said he regrets putting Wally in that predicament and that he would change to another character if he could, but i think it's more cause of the backlash than anything else. If people loved the book, he wouuld probably be fine with it.

A Flash book by Tom King would probably sell well, but i think he fits Barry more than Wally. Wally's Flash is not about tragedy and Tom King is all about that bad vibe and, thanks to Geoff Johns, Barry is more suited to this types of stories imo.

But i would read it, the only Tom King book that i despise is HiC, the rest of his body of work i tend to like.

Now, i have yet to read something that Tamaki wrote that is not boring
    Yeah, I'm a gigantic Tom King fan but I don't think his sensibility fits Wally or even the Flash in general. And he's better with limited series than ongoings.

Tom Taylor, on the other hand... He's probably way too busy to do it, though.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

If Tom King is given Flash, that will be it for me.
    I do not want to read a Wally West book written by Tom King.
    I cannot see myself enjoying it.
    On the upside, if it DOES come to pass, my compulsive need to own every Flash issue will be broken.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Where did you hear this? I had never heard Spencer pitched for DC, his last DC work that I knew of was a short in Superman R&B.
    He said it on an interview. It was a while ago and I can't find it right now so, uh, sorry about that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Yeah, I'm a gigantic Tom King fan but I don't think his sensibility fits Wally or even the Flash in general. And he's better with limited series than ongoings.

Tom Taylor, on the other hand... He's probably way too busy to do it, though.
    Tom Taylor might actually get me to drop the book. I cannot stand his tumblr-y style of writing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Tom Taylor might actually get me to drop the book. I cannot stand his tumblr-y style of writing.
    I respect how Taylor does a very classic DCU, but I started to notice more and more how he writes basically for the Tumblr/Twitter conversation, almost as if he writes moments that purposefully are "screencap worthy" and postable. A Flash book by Bruno Redondo though, holy moley, take my money!

Also, guess people took my Tom King joke way too seriously.

I'd rather have another few good years of Adams doing his magic with Wally and friends before risking another potential hack come to ruin these characters with his new, ambitious, revolutionary idea. Or just doing plain, boring stuff. As much as I'm thankful to Williamson for taking care of the mythology and restoring it, his run bored me most of the time. Curiously enough, I enjoy how he writes the rest of the DC universe much more. His Robin and brief Batman run were fun, Dark Crisis had that connected DCU feel I missed from the Pre-Flashpoint era and his Superman started in a really enjoyable way.

Hell, if we have no way of escaping Barry as the main Flash again at least keep Jeremy anyway, since he writes the best Barry in ages. We could have fun Hal-Barry crossovers. To me keeping Adams in whatever circumstances seems like a no brainer, unless by a divine miracle they launch two Flash books and move him to the Wally one. I have no idea who on Earth could write a good Barry book though.
    Last edited by Maxi; 02-28-2023 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    I respect how Taylor does a very classic DCU, but I started to notice more and more how he writes basically for the Tumblr/Twitter conversation, almost as if he writes moments that purposefully are "screencap worthy" and postable. A Flash book by Bruno Redondo though, holy moley, take my money!

Also, guess people took my Tom King joke way too seriously.

I'd rather have another few good years of Adams doing his magic with Wally and friends before risking another potential hack come to ruin these characters with his new, ambitious, revolutionary idea. Or just doing plain, boring stuff. As much as I'm thankful to Williamson for taking care of the mythology and restoring it, his run bored me most of the time. Curiously enough, I enjoy how he writes the rest of the DC universe much more. His Robin and brief Batman run were fun, Dark Crisis had that connected DCU feel I missed from the Pre-Flashpoint era and his Superman started in a really enjoyable way.

Hell, if we have no way of escaping Barry as the main Flash again at least keep Jeremy anyway, since he writes the best Barry in ages. We could have fun Hal-Barry crossovers. To me keeping Adams in whatever circumstances seems like a no brainer, unless by a divine miracle they launch two Flash books and move him to the Wally one. I have no idea who on Earth could write a good Barry book though.
    I wonder if Chip Zdarsky has any interest in doing a Flash run, though I'm half-tempted to think he'd just rehash Waid and Johns. Even Williamson admitted he was guilty of that and I love his run .

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    If Tom King is given Flash, that will be it for me.
    I do not want to read a Wally West book written by Tom King.
    I cannot see myself enjoying it.
    On the upside, if it DOES come to pass, my compulsive need to own every Flash issue will be broken.
    I don't think anyone wants to see King write any speedster again.

I really doubt Wally is going to be sidelined ever again. He is in his own book, plus Titans. The Flash family is getting the inclusive approach it should have had years ago. At least split it into two books. Wally could headline one and Barry the other.

I know everyone is traumatized from the previous decade, but I'm relatively optimistic.
    Last edited by PennyDreadful; 02-28-2023 at 01:07 PM.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Latest Adams tweet:

https://mobile.twitter.com/spacekick...58069673746438

He remains ambiguous regarding if he's staying or not.
    I'm not as alarmed as others would be. Am I weird?

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I'm not as alarmed as others would be. Am I weird?
    Yeah, I think are unnecessarily panicking in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Chip Zdarsky has any interest in doing a Flash run, though I'm half-tempted to think he'd just rehash Waid and Johns. Even Williamson admitted he was guilty of that and I love his run .
    In his own words:

The character that I love love LOVE that I had nothing for was The Flash. I was asked to pitch on the book years ago for backup stories and just sat in my studio for a week thinking "do i have stories about a guy who runs fast" and came up with nothing except for some ludicrous stories. But I grew up on The Flash! The trial of Barry Allen, Waid's run, those are hallmark stories for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I don't think anyone wants to see King write any speedster again.

I really doubt Wally is going to be sidelined ever again. He is in his own book, plus Titans. The Flash family is getting the inclusive approach it should have had years ago. At least split it into two books. Wally could headline one and Barry the other.

I know everyone is traumatized from the previous decade, but I'm relatively optimistic.
    One thing we can be certain is that even if Barry get to be the main protagonist of the book again, DC will not repeat the same thing they did after Flash: Rebirth where the only book we could see Wally was f*ing Magog.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Dare I suggest Tom King writing a 12 issue Wally maxi-series dealing with the aftermath of Heroes in Crisis?
    Be gone. The book would be called Flash: The Slowest Pace Alive.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-