Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well get ready because we have 3 in one month, the one minute war special releases on January 31st.
    Give me all the Flash you can.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Give me all the Flash you can.
    Same. I'm loving this release schedule. Also working through my Flash by Mark Waid vol 8 that I got for Christmas, so it's all Flash all the time with me lately.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So I'm still not sure what were they thinking here. lol I get that Wally was like 21 at the time but were they purposely trying to make him unlikable. That was the first Annual of him as the new Flash, they should've probably been a little more self-aware. Seems like they could get away with anything in 1987.

I think a lot of that was do to the late 80s bring an era of trying to make heroes more "modern" and realistic. It was very much a "these aren't your father's superheroes!" type era. If you ever read those issues, the letters page was absolutely wild.

I'm glad it didn't last, but there was something entertaining about how unpredictable that version of Wally was. And, really, I know very few people that don't look back on that age without wincing at what a jackass they were, so knowing Wally had his own immature jerk phase makes him more human and relatable to me. And, of course, Messner-Loebs and Waid were able to take that characterization and use it as a springboard for some great stories that gave him his growth and maturity.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 01-17-2023 at 04:10 PM.

Wally still one of the best character arcs and developments of any character in the Big Two .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Well get ready because we have 3 in one month, the one minute war special releases on January 31st.
    Oh cool we're getting a special

Do we know how many parts One-Minute War will have?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

We might get more a clue with the April solicitations, right now the book is twice a month starting this month up to April so that’s 8 books for 4 months plus the Special issue so possibly 9 maybe 10 parts. That’s me guessing though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

We might get more a clue with the April solicitations, right now the book is twice a month starting this month up to April so that’s 8 books for 4 months plus the Special issue so possibly 9 maybe 10 parts. That’s me guessing though.
    Hopefully its paced well.

The slow pacing of the first 2 parts makes me worry that the book might be too slow though hopefully that just set-up and it will start kicking into high gear with multiple moving parts.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Solicitations have the story still going with #795, so that is already 6 issues plus the special.
    I'm thinking the story may wind up in #796 and then kick off another big storyline that plays out in #800.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Hopefully its paced well.

The slow pacing of the first 2 parts makes me worry that the book might be too slow though hopefully that just set-up and it will start kicking into high gear with multiple moving parts.
    You think the first two parts are slow? I thought they went super fast.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Solicitations have the story still going with #795, so that is already 6 issues plus the special.
    I'm thinking the story may wind up in #796 and then kick off another big storyline that plays out in #800.
    I wonder what Jeremy Adams has planned for #800. I hope we also get some stories from Waid and Johns. I'd love a Messener Loeb and Manapul story too.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

I can see One Minute War lasting up to #799. I wonder if #800 will involve the family getting introduced to Jay's long lost daughter Judy? Stargirl: The Lost Children will have finished by then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can see One Minute War lasting up to #799. I wonder if #800 will involve the family getting introduced to Jay's long lost daughter Judy? Stargirl: The Lost Children will have finished by then.
    Yeah there’s not a doubt in my mind that Adams will be writing Judy once she’s released on the main dc universe. Whether that’s a mini, a backup, or just part of the cast remains to be seen.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I wonder what Jeremy Adams has planned for #800. I hope we also get some stories from Waid and Johns. I'd love a Messener Loeb and Manapul story too.
    If Wally is still headlining, I'd LOVE to see contributions from a who's who of creators who contributed to his title over the years.
    Messner-Loebs, Waid, Johns and Augustyn!
    Porter, Kolins, Jimenez (Oscar), LaRocque!

Let's have a massive blowout issue. 800 issues is nothing to sneeze at!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

It would probably celebrate the whole family (the numbering dates back to Jay Garrick's 1940s book after all). Have the main story start Wally's next arc, with backups featuring at least Jay Garrick (and his reunion with Judy and her introduction to the rest of the family), and Barry (dealing with his relationship with Iris and the consequences of One Minute War)?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-19-2023 at 09:47 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So I recently finished The Return of Wally West trade

No idea why issues 763-767 are collected in this, they have nothing to do with whats advertised on the cover and really are completely disconnected from it, there's even the Endless Winter issue collected here which obviously doesn't do much if you only have one part of an event.

Like not saying the Dr. Alchemy arc is bad, its quite fun, but this really should have just been released into 2 trades, there's enough content for that. Though then again I remember how this book only came years after the story ended so presumably there was some behind the scenes/production issues I guess.

Otherwise great that Wally has completely shirked off all the Heroes in Crisis bullshit, I think the only thing left if he gets some kind of payback on Harley. Cause no I will never let go how she kicked him in the balls, especially after everyone talked him down from killing himself. I mean who groins attack a guy who was about to commit suicide, thats just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    You think the first two parts are slow? I thought they went super fast.
    I thought it a bit methodical in some parts, mostly of the characters reacting at that issue's start but its not really a complaint. More just a feeling and it obviously picks up after the start.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 01-19-2023 at 11:03 PM.