Page 76 of 96 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1437
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    And does anyone else think there are way too many speedsters?
    There are too many for all of them to show up with regularity. The more they add, the less page time there is for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    It's for the better. His character development really what made him a pillar character compared to the rest of Titans bar Nightwing.
    It's a happy accident, but I agree. Wally starting off as just this incredibly flawed, reckless young hero stepping into the boots of a legend like Barry could have backfired tremendously if they didn't actually shift to making him learn and grow and take the mantle more seriously. It's kind of like what I hear some Star Wars fans say about Ahsoka being this annoying wanna-be-Jedi kid, but over the course of the story really coming into her own.

Let me just pause and say that I'm so incredibly happy that Wally is the Flash at #800 with a full "appreciation of Wally West" bonanza. It wasn't THAT long ago that he was at rock bottom - Editors literally saying he was unworthy of being the Flash compared to Barry, that he'd never be as good - having his kids taken, his marriage erased, dragged through the dirt with "Heroes in Crisis"...

... And now here we are.

It feels so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    There are too many for all of them to show up with regularity. The more they add, the less page time there is for others.
    Seems like Spurrier is focusing back solely on Wally, if nothing else.

The Flash #800 was great! I loved it. The Adams story was my favorite. Just a fun story. His Wally here reminded me very much of JLU Wally but more grown up. Waids story was a close second and then Johns. Cool to see Hunter back and with a renewed mission to make Wally better. I even enjoyed Williamsons story which surprised me. And Spurrier and Deodatos story was really good! Love Mikes art. I am all in for The Flash #1 in September.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seems like Spurrier is focusing back solely on Wally, if nothing else.
    At the end of his story it says "Join Wally and the Flash Family in September."

Flash #800 was awesome. Interesting how each writer had a story that really match their styles, expect maybe Waid.

Jeremy Adams had a funny and relaxed story.
    Johns had a very serious one about Zolomon and with hints of more at the end.
    Williamson made a sweet story about the Flash Family.

Waid, even tho it's a cool little tale about Bart, it looks like he had this in his shelf for years waiting to print.

Spurrier first dab on Wally was nuts. Reading this with english not being my first language was tough, it took more time than usual, but man it was a crazy ride. Can't wait for his first real issue. It took me a while for the art to grow on me, but when crazyness started to happen, it was really great.

My only nitpick is Linda and Wally calling him as "Wal". I don't know, it doesn't sound good.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Oh and I forgot to mention I am glad Spurrier is using the Evan McCulloch Mirror Master. I think he has always been a much more interesting and despicable character than Scudder.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Oh and I forgot to mention I am glad Spurrier is using the Evan McCulloch Mirror Master. I think he has always been a much more interesting and despicable character than Scudder.
    I was wondering when they were ever going to bring McCulloch back, but it makes sense with Wally back in the saddle.

Incredible Member

Can I just say how glad I am that they FINALLY, for the first time since Rebirth, fixed the symbol on Wally's narration boxes to match his current symbol? It bugs the hell out of me when they mismatch like that (see also: the number of times Damian's narration boxes have used Tim Drake's R symbol).

Now if we can fix the cover symbol & logo for the relaunch...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Man, the first year of Wally as the main Flash didn't age well did it? He gets dumped by Francis Kaye a couple of issues in, and he gets straight into a relationship with Tina McGee, who was already married! And when he gets trapped inside Chunk's pocket universe, he flirts with another girl there! His love life isn't the only issue with that run (the writer left after only 14 issues) - several issues involve the Soviet Union (and Russians speak in text with backwards Rs), and there's talk of a border between Russia and Finland. Of course nowadays there's other countries between them.
    And he hangs out with Fidel Castro!

Zoom being back in play is intriguing. Maybe Spurrier plans on using him for his Flash run? Overall a great anniversary issue.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

deleted comment for different thread
    Last edited by Waterfall; 06-07-2023 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

My only nitpick is Linda and Wally calling him as "Wal". I don't know, it doesn't sound good.
    It's one of the carry overs from Young Justice animated series...

Amazing Member

My biggest worry with Spurrier is ignoring the kids , Ace,..
    I think the biggest problem with modern comics is that the only time new authors follow **** is with bad ideas/runs, like Spiderman with Norman being a good guy or Iron Man not being the son of the starks.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    My biggest worry with Spurrier is ignoring the kids , Ace,..
    I think the biggest problem with modern comics is that the only time new authors follow **** is with bad ideas/runs, like Spiderman with Norman being a good guy or Iron Man not being the son of the starks.
    Ignoring kids is good....

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Ignoring kids is good....
    i don't think he's going to ignore the kids, mike deodato drew the whole west family on his instagram, including the twins