Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    How did Waid make his personality more like Barry? I think you could make an argument that this happened during the Johns run but Waid's Wally had WAY more personality than Barry ever did. He was outgoing, funny, emotional and flawed in relatable ways. Those aren't attributes I would apply to silver age Barry.
    Because Wally's jerkish personality practically stopped during Waid's run and became a more traditional version of The Flash (Pretty much like Barry was and is not like he was completely devoid of personality pre-COIE).

And this is not the only personality change that Waid would do during his run since both Wally's parents became one-dimensional spiteful people instead of the complex characters they were during Messner-Loebs' run (especially Wally's mom, you could make a case that Wally's dad deserved that treatment but Wally's mom was just a flawed woman who really cared about her son).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Because Wally's jerkish personality practically stopped during Waid's run and became a more traditional version of The Flash (Pretty much like Barry was and is not like he was completely devoid of personality pre-COIE).

And this is not the only personality change that Waid would do during his run since both Wally's parents became one-dimensional spiteful people instead of the complex characters they were during Messner-Loebs' run (especially Wally's mom, you could make a case that Wally's dad deserved that treatment but Wally's mom was just a flawed woman who really cared about her son).
    I definitely don't think his jerkish personality stopped under Waid or Johns. It wasn't nearly as pronounced as Baron had it, but Wally was always kind of snobbish and mean with other characters like Kyle, Jesse, Bart, Angela Margolin, etc. Even the way he treated Ashley Zolomon and the Rogues came across as pretty harsh. He definitely grew up from his early years, but those character flaws were always pretty regularly displayed. It's part of what made him interesting.

Wally being a sweetheart always felt more like a characterization primarily from the JL cartoons.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 01-02-2023 at 12:25 PM.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I definitely don't think his jerkish personality stopped under Waid or Johns. It wasn't nearly as pronounced as Baron had it, but Wally was always kind of snobbish and mean with other characters like Kyle, Jesse, Bart, Angela Margolin, etc. Even the way he treated Ashley Zolomon and the Rogues came across as pretty harsh. He definitely grew up from his early years, but those character flaws were always pretty regularly displayed. It's part of what made him interesting.

Wally being a sweetheart always felt more like a characterization primarily from the JL cartoons.
    I meant "jerk" more in the sense he was often smug towards people during Messner-Loebs' run (and to even some of his friends) but without ever being annoying about it and often getting over it and doing what was right.

And yes, Wally being sympathetic towards others was definitely cemented during Messner-Loebs' run, a clear case was when the Pied Piper revealed his sexuality to him and, while being awkward about it at first, he eventually got over it because he was his friend (something that was very ahead of its time for that era).

It's time to officially start 2023. It will be great to have two issue of Flash a month.

One Minute War begins: The Flash #790 Preview.

https://comicbookdispatch.com/the-flash-790-preview/

Edit: I already enjoying the art.
    Is that Roy and Donna?
    Last edited by Drako; 01-02-2023 at 01:27 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Alright we got our first look at the Fraction

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post

Barry's personality during the silver age was more of an introverted straight-man. In fact, a lot of the traits that modern Barry exhibits were taken from Wally, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's time to officially start 2023. It will be great to have two issue of Flash a month.

Is that Roy and Donna?
    This looks great! Looks like 2023 is off to a great start for the Flash.

My assumption was Roy and Donna as well.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    Barry's personality during the silver age was more of an introverted straight-man. In fact, a lot of the traits that modern Barry exhibits were taken from Wally, not the other way around.
    Not so much in the Bronze Age, let's not forget that's when the whole tragedy angle happened for Barry during that era.

Is that Roy and Donna?
    These look like the kind of villains you'd see in the 90's or in a toyetic cartoon.

Which is to say I like them already.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    These look like the kind of villains you'd see in the 90's or in a toyetic cartoon.

Which is to say I like them already.
    I saw them and thought "Hyperclan".
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I saw them and thought "Hyperclan".
    I see what you mean. I thought it was neat that they looked like the same species, but not like they were all identical. An alien species with different hairstyles, who would have thought?

BANNED

I’ve heard that Wally is the main Flash again. I’d like to follow the adventures of Wally, Linda, and their kids. Which issue should I begin with? And is the series totally Barry-free? I try to avoid that character. Also, does Bart appear as Impulse or does he have his own book? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    IÂ’ve heard that Wally is the main Flash again. IÂ’d like to follow the adventures of Wally, Linda, and their kids. Which issue should I begin with? And is the series totally Barry-free? I try to avoid that character. Also, does Bart appear as Impulse or does he have his own book? Thanks!
    The current Flash run by Jeremy Adams which focuses on Wally starts with issue 768. Wally is the main focus of the series but Barry does appear however he’s gone by issue 772 and doesn’t come back until 784 where they tie into Dark Crisis. However it is a Wally book and the focus is on Wally, and I believe for most of the initial issues Barry is depowered.

Bart does appear for a bit in the opening issues but goes away after a while. Mainly your going to see quite a bit of Wallace and Jay out of anyone.

However, they are doing a big story arc starring the entire Flash family, so you will soon be getting Wally, his kids, Barry, Jay, Bart, Jessie Quick, Wallace West, and Avery Cho all running around.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-03-2023 at 08:40 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    The current Flash run by Jeremy Adams which focuses on Wally starts with issue 768. Wally is the main focus of the series but Barry does appear however heÂ’s gone by issue 772 and doesnÂ’t come back until 784 where they tie into Dark Crisis. However it is a Wally book and the focus is on Wally, and I believe for most of the initial issues Barry is depowered.

Bart does appear for a bit in the opening issues but goes away after a while. Mainly your going to see quite a bit of Wallace and Jay out of anyone.

However, they are doing a big story arc starring the entire Flash family, so you will soon be getting Wally, his kids, Barry, Jay, Bart, Jessie Quick, Wallace West, and Avery Cho all running around.
    Thank you for the info! I’ll start with #768. Has Heroes in Crisis been retconned?

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    Thank you for the info! I’ll start with #768. Has Heroes in Crisis been retconned?
    Kinda. The story deals with Heroes in Crisis, but you can read it without fear.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

BANNED

Kinda. The story deals with Heroes in Crisis, but you can read it without fear.
    I assume they change the part where he’s a murderer.