Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Yeah, i don't buy it. I trust Jeremy Adams tho.
    This issue was good, but it was just putting the pieces in place.

Bart and Ace bickering was the stand out to me.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    The last few years of Barry's title were brutal. Iris was stalked and murdered by Thawne, Barry fell apart, got drugged by angel dust and attacked the JLA, found a new love interest who was also attacked by Thawne, Barry accidentally killed Thawne trying to save her, and ended up being put on trial. Dude went through a LOT.
    The second love interest ended up going to a psyche ward I think. What ever happened to Fiona Webb?
    Last edited by Will Evans; 01-10-2023 at 10:14 AM.

I have yet to read the issue, but recolouring Hour Man’s outfit to be red and yellow should be a crime lol.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I have yet to read the issue, but recolouring Hour Man’s outfit to be red and yellow should be a crime lol.
    There's a few strange colouring choices in the issue. Like blond Jay.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So I read the full issue…we so sure about this?

spoilers:
    I mean how do we even tell if Iris is actually dead if literally everyone but the Flash family appears to be frozen in time? She could literally just be frozen in Barry’s arms because of time stop, sure she got hit with some rubble but it’s a bit ambiguous isn’t it?
    end of spoilers
    I think you may be right, but future solicits are what has people freaking out.

It's actually brown, not red. They colored his costume as if he was the android Hourman.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    There's a few strange colouring choices in the issue. Like blond Jay.
    Blue eyed, blonde Jay is something that has been going on since the Flash #750. I can't understand the rationale behind this change, unless they were at some point trying to do the whole "Jay Garrick is really Earth 2 Henry Allen" thing.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Yeah, one of the solicits for March includes a cover showing Barry holding a ring (the one Iris proposed with in this issue, no doubt!) and looking sad. The solicit itself mentions they're mourning lost family members. They definitely at least want us to think spoilers:
    Iris has met her demise.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I have zero concerns about the twist.

spoilers:
    Barry is going to propose to her at the end of the event, mark my words. It's building up to that "I can't bear the thought of losing you without telling you how I really feel" moment
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Continuity is so weird. Everyone has their Pre-Flashpoint history and memories restored but Barry and Iris aren't married. There goes the "everything counts" mantra. Wonder how so many things would have happened now. Iris' history as the matriarch of the Flash family wouldn't have been as prominent, nor she would have retired with Barry to the future to write The Life Story of Barry Allen, an important plot point in Mark Waid's milestone The Return of Barry Allen. But that's DC for you.
    Last edited by Maxi; 01-12-2023 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Continuity is so weird. Everyone has their Pre-Flashpoint history and memories restored but Barry and Iris aren't married. There goes the "everything counts" mantra. Wonder how so many things would have happened now. Iris' history as the matriarch of the Flash family wouldn't have been as prominent, nor she would have retired with Barry to the future to write The Life Story of Barry Allen, an important plot point in Mark Waid's milestone The Return of Barry Allen. But that's DC for you.
    The "everything counts" mantra never would make sense anyways, it just a cope out for them to cherry pick whatever they want from the previous canon and roll with it. The New 52 and Rebirth can't work with the Pre-Flashpoint timeline cause most things don't match.

At this point i don't even try to make sense of this canon, i just enjoy the stories for what they are.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Everything Counts is basically a meme at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The "everything counts" mantra never would make sense anyways, it just a cope out for them to cherry pick whatever they want from the previous canon and roll with it. The New 52 and Rebirth can't work with the Pre-Flashpoint timeline cause most things don't match.

At this point i don't even try to make sense of this canon, i just enjoy the stories for what they are.
    Same. Basically whatever happens in the story that in my hands at the time is the canon.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I hope the next writer ignores Adams killing Libby Lawrence (Liberty Belle) off-panel.
    So pointless.

Between Libby, Joan and spoilers:
    Iris
    end of spoilers, it wasn’t a good issue for the wives (or former wives) of speedsters.
    I guess Linda can count herself lucky.

This was a great issue! All the players were introduced and we are off to the races. So great to see the Flash family getting their due and begining a new story. And one that isn't a CRISIS crossover. The moments with Bart and Wallace were good. Seeing Max and him still thinking about racing to the speed force and future. And that ending! Whew! So good.

Couple things.

I do not think you know who is really dead. I think this and that future cover mean something else entirely. I think this arc will end with Barry and Iris at a crossroads and maybe them taking a break of sorts.

The Fraction didn't freeze people...I think the world is standing still because when the Fraction attacks at super speed all of the speedsters automatically kick into high gear so the rest of the world seems frozen to them. It's happened many times before. I am surprised how many readers thought the Fraction froze them.

I think the comment about Libby being dead was an error more than anything else.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Extraordinary Member

I hope the next writer ignores Adams killing Libby Lawrence (Liberty Belle) off-panel.
    So pointless.

Between Libby, Joan and spoilers:
    Iris
    end of spoilers, it wasn’t a good issue for the wives (or former wives) of speedsters.
    I guess Linda can count herself lucky.
    A surprising number of golden age women are suppose to still be alive: Miss America, Joan Garrick, Molly Mayne, Libby, the retired Sandra Knight.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

No, of course. I don't try to make sense of DC since 2011. I don't pretend this is anything other than a nebulous continuity where a writer can pick and choose from everything and I wouldn't have any other way nowadays since reboots are so restrictive. But it's funny because I thought the way this nebulous was being treated as "Pre-Flashpoint but with the Post-Flashpoint developments added in". Basically, I thought Iris and Barry would remember their marriage the same way Linda and the kids came back. But this creates a really weird situation where Wally is married with kids and Barry still isn't? LMAO.